**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Green Goblin as a Tech Champion [Merged Threads]

Comments

• Options
    Joe77Joe77 Posts: 38
    Wow, darkest destroyer is arguing for kabam? Weird. Lol
  • Options
    GrubGrub Posts: 258 ★★★
    Kabam Logic 101

Captain America:given a serum to enhance physical traits and use a shield created through technology by Howard stark to fight evil with = Science class

Green Gonlin= use a serum to enhance his physical traits and fights with bombs and a glider created by his company= Tech class

Makes sense to me
  • Options
    SkylordSkylord Posts: 138
    Maybe they should let ppl use a sci or tech gem to awken him since he is a product of both
  • Options
    Kabam Logic 101

Captain America:given a serum to enhance physical traits and use a shield created through technology by Howard stark to fight evil with = Science class

Green Gonlin= use a serum to enhance his physical traits and fights with bombs and a glider created by his company= Tech class

Makes sense to me
  • Options
    Kabam Logic 101

Makes sense to me
  • Options
    Primmer79Primmer79 Posts: 2,968 ★★★★
    Cap takes a serum, is science.
    Goblin takes a serum, is tech.
    Ant-man uses tech, is science.
    Agent Venom uses a symbiote to simply walk, is skill.

I could go all day. Really a non-issue. We complained tech sucked, they boosted it. Expect several events in 2018 to have science champs now that we're complaining.
  • Options
    HulksmasshhHulksmasshh Posts: 742 ★★★
    Grub wrote: »
    Kabam Logic 101

Makes sense to me

Antman & Yellowjacket: Completely normal human beings given technologically powered suits = Science
  • Options
    I agree, some liberties are to be taken regarding class. Although there should be some characters not even open to discussion. Green goblin is an iconic comic character and this is not some random movie remake (Falcon,Stark Spidey, etc) that you could argue for a different class. This is blasphemy and skin to making original hulk tech cause a gamma bomb is technology!!! NO sorry on this character they screwed up royally.
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    not to mention we havent had a science champ feature since last September, looks like it will be an entire year before one comes up.

meanwhile what am i supposed to do with this science awakening gem.

this is ridiculous.

I had no idea when i beat the toughest content in the game, and scored a science awakening gem it was such a curse but i guess it is.
  • Options
    winniewinwinwinniewinwin Posts: 178
    I got nothing. My head just exploded with the absolute ridiculousness of ,not one, but TWO MORE TECH CHAMPIONS!?!?
    Where are skill or science champs at!?!?
    Serious question Kabam. What gives??
  • Options
    If they really wanted to incorporate tech they could have made him science class so we finally get a new science champ then did what they did with Karnak and then made him partially tech
  • Options
    Reading the effects of Green Goblins pumpkin bomb abilities, particularly the random grab-bag of effects, made it seem fairly similar to the Star-lord elemental gun L2 and the Howard the Duck L2 attack. I still would have liked to see GG as a science champ, but can kinda see their reasoning. Doc Ock, on the other hand, has the research buffs that build up, and hopefully he'll be science like She-Hulk (but not terrible like her).
  • Options
    The Goblin formula gives Green Goblin his powers. The fact that he's tech is just ridiculous

Yeah but his formula was the product of many tech start ups so there .... lol
  • Options
    JOHNOSA1995JOHNOSA1995 Posts: 536 ★★
    He used same way like cap amrica so cap should be a tech!!!lol pls change GG to science
  • Options
    LocoMotivesLocoMotives Posts: 1,200 ★★★
    He used same way like cap amrica so cap should be a tech!!!lol pls change GG to science

Cap doesn't fly on a glider and throw tech bombs, so this reasoning is flawed.

I wouldn't argue with Goblin being Tech if we weren't currently on a huge tech run and we had seen a science champ in 2017. As is, it doesn't make much sense.
  • Options
    Kang should be cosmic too, but let's fix one at a time
  • Options
    edited August 2017

Cap doesn't fly on a glider and throw tech bombs, so this reasoning is flawed.

I wouldn't argue with Goblin being Tech if we weren't currently on a huge tech run and we had seen a science champ in 2017. As is, it doesn't make much sense.

So strak company made his shield he should be a tech
  • Options

The shield is a piece of metal/armor. Not a piece of operating machinery or actual tech like a suit.
  • Options
    Alright everybody, I understand that you guys don't like the explanation that I gave, and it wasn't very informative. I'll talk to team and get back to you guys about the reasoning behind this. I imagine that it has to do with the way his abilities in game translate to the dynamics of the classes, but I will be back with information.

In the mean time, can we please remember to keep things civil and discuss things like adults? Remember the rules of the forums, and do not let this go off the rails.

i think the basis of the frustration is that its been almost a year since we have seen a science feature and that has seriously put people with a science awakening gem at a disadvantage.
  • Options
    CammonRoCammonRo Posts: 377 ★★
    I personally hoped GG would be science because of the goblin serum (and shortage of good science champs) but always thought he could be tech as well because of the glider and pumpkin bombs. It's a coin flip really. After reading his leaked ability descriptions I actually thought he would be tech. It's not a stretch really.

On the other hand, reading Doc Ock's description makes me think he'll be science. But I see someone else saying we are getting two new techs? Has Doc Ock's class been confirmed?
  • Options
    Primmer79 wrote: »

The shield is a piece of metal/armor. Not a piece of operating machinery or actual tech like a suit.

If you read comics his shild isn't normal metal or armor so he should be a tech because in all special use his shild
  • Options
    QwertyQwerty Posts: 636 ★★★
    CammonRo wrote: »
    I personally hoped GG would be science because of the goblin serum (and shortage of good science champs) but always thought he could be tech as well because of the glider and pumpkin bombs. It's a coin flip really. After reading his leaked ability descriptions I actually thought he would be tech. It's not a stretch really.

On the other hand, reading Doc Ock's description makes me think he'll be science. But I see someone else saying we are getting two new techs? Has Doc Ock's class been confirmed?

as quoted from the event quest thread:
    Dr. Otto Octavius, who uses his superior intellect and technology to win fights rather than raw strength
  • Options
    FPC3FPC3 Posts: 144 ★★
    A few thoughts...

Goblin himself without his glider would likely be Science. But he's using that piece of *technology* to fight with. Kabam said long, long ago that they work directly with Marvel on what class champs fall under, and that it's usually based on their fighting style, not necessarily their origin process. Cap takes a serum and is Science, well, he fights with his fists and legs, so it makes sense.

Although I have to agree that there are a few classifications that are just total head-scratchers. Agent Venom. Without the Symbiote, he'd be in a wheel chair. Symbiote Peter Parker, Symbiote Eddie Brock, Symbiote Cletus Cassidy - ALL COSMIC! Symbiote Flash Thompson, Skill. WTF??? And Deadpool X-Force. He has NO MUTANT POWERS, yet is classed as a Mutant. Why not Skill??

The Tech class was extremely lacking until this recent run of tech champs. It had the lowest number of champs in it, and only 2 or 3 of them were even desireable. By finishing off this run with 2 more Tech champs, Gobby and Oc, they will have finished a very rough balancing of the classes, and can start bringing in some variation.

Being upset about Gobby being Tech solely because YOU have a Science gem burning a hole in your pocket, is frankly being rather selfish. What if dozens of other people have Tech gems they are dying to get rid of? The game has to be designed around much much more than potential items in player's inventories. I mean, come on...
  • Options
    LocoMotivesLocoMotives Posts: 1,200 ★★★
    Primmer79 wrote: »

If you read comics his shild isn't normal metal or armor so he should be a tech because in all special use his shild

His shield is Vibranium...are you arguing Black Panther should be Tech as well? Just stop, you're off the point.
  • Options

I didn't say normal metal. That being said, his shield wouldn't move without him moving it.
    It has no power source, it does not change shape, he literally swings it around and hits people with it. Now unless you're suggesting anyone with a sword is tech, I suggest you reevaluate your argument
  • Options
    CammonRoCammonRo Posts: 377 ★★
    Qwerty wrote: »

as quoted from the event quest thread:
    Dr. Otto Octavius, who uses his superior intellect and technology to win fights rather than raw strength

Hmmm that does sound like he's leaning tech... but all his ability descriptions are literally branches of science LOL.
  • Options
    Spartacus29Spartacus29 Posts: 90
    mutamatt wrote: »
    Alright everybody, I understand that you guys don't like the explanation that I gave, and it wasn't very informative. I'll talk to team and get back to you guys about the reasoning behind this. I imagine that it has to do with the way his abilities in game translate to the dynamics of the classes, but I will be back with information.

In the mean time, can we please remember to keep things civil and discuss things like adults? Remember the rules of the forums, and do not let this go off the rails.

i think the basis of the frustration is that its been almost a year since we have seen a science feature and that has seriously put people with a science awakening gem at a disadvantage.

This.

Also the fact that the mystic class has become so OP overall with their own individual abilities PLUS the effectiveness of MD it has made the desire for good science champs to help counter them more of a necessity.

So much change in the game over the last 10 months and not a single science feature. Explain how that is a good idea in any way