**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

"Face me" pasive effect on my gladitor hulk not working [Not a Bug]

Jaws32zxJaws32zx Posts: 41
edited May 2019 in Bugs and Known Issues
I've been noticing the issue using my Gladiator Hulk about the face me passive effect for healing 70% of the damage taking over time debuffs, shock,bleed,degeneration, etc etc. My face me does not work on my Hulk. it only works one time that I've noticed and that is on one of the nodes in Act 4 where there is a degeneration affect for each Champion fighting on those nodes. Now correct me if I'm wrong but I thought all damage over time effects are supposed to regenerate 70% of the health back that is taken. that is the way that it is explain to me or at least I interpreted when reading about the passive effect of this champion. it does not work!
Post edited by Kabam Zibiit on

Comments

• OrdalcaOrdalca Posts: 543 ★★★
    No, only damage over time PASSIVES activate the healing. Many of what you described are damage over time DEBUFFS, which are not the same thing.
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,762 ★★★★★
    Yep. It doesn't work with any debuff
  • jojodeth101jojodeth101 Posts: 480
    edited May 2019
    Gulk's "Face Me!" ability only works when there is a passive "Damage over time" debuff on him. Ergo the bleed and poison doesn't activate.
  • Hey there, as some have mentioned Face Me activate for Passive Damage Over Time Effects, but it does not activate for Damage Over Time Debuffs. Debuffs are effects that be shrugged off by Champions like Agent Venom or King Groot and can be identified by the light border around their icon. Passive Effects do not have this border on their icon and can't be shrugged off by abilities that remove Debuffs, but will cause Face Me to activate for Hulk (Ragnarok). Hope that helps clear things up!
  • Jaws32zxJaws32zx Posts: 41
    Thank u
  • Patchie93Patchie93 Posts: 1,898 ★★★★
    Bane, Flare and other degen nodes are considered to be a 3rd type of effect. Not passive nor a debuff.
    Hence Ghulk doesn't trigger face me
  • Notcho59Notcho59 Posts: 116
    What about the node that is literally called degen and it is a passive? Why does face not me not work on that node? @Kabam Zibiit
    Notcho59 said:

What about the node that is literally called degen and it is a passive? Why does face not me not work on that node? @Kabam Zibiit

They stated it belongs to a third category, neither a debuff or a passive DoT ability. It's the same as the degen from Flare, Life transfer, bane, etc
  • LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★

Notcho59 said:

They stated it belongs to a third category, neither a debuff or a passive DoT ability. It's the same as the degen from Flare, Life transfer, bane, etc
    once again it it an issue with their wording, they need to drop this passive vs buff nonsense and just state what it works against. It becoms so confusing and they have to make up nonsensical extra classifications to get around it.
    Lormif said:

Notcho59 said:

once again it it an issue with their wording, they need to drop this passive vs buff nonsense and just state what it works against. It becoms so confusing and they have to make up nonsensical extra classifications to get around it.
    I agree with a change in the wording for this third category of effects. They said something would be done in the future in order to be easier to know the difference.