Is the Time stone bugged, or are these effects intended?

I've noticed two things with the Time Stone on Path D in the Last Stand event:

1. The True Stike that King Groot, Morningstar, and Void has is passive. My Black Widow has not evaded and gained power at any point, nor have I seen this passive true strike ever nullified by the Time Stone's effects.





2. After activating a special attack, power begins to drain. However if power still remains, a new timer begins, and if power continues to remain (such as that generated by my striking an opponent, or vice versa), the power drain continues until I'm down to zero. Why isn't the power just draining for the bar consumed by the special, and is repeating?







Comments

  • TerraTerra Posts: 563
    The true strike can only be removed if it's a buff, ie not passive. When using a sp2 it starts to drain down to 0. If activation of another special it drains faster since it still was used and hence drains power
  • UmbertoDelRioUmbertoDelRio Posts: 830
    Why should the passive true strike get nullified? It's clearly talking about buffs.
  • LJFLJF Posts: 7
    Terra said:

    The true strike can only be removed if it's a buff, ie not passive.

    I know that. I'm wondering if the Time Stone should be nullifying the true strike passive, because, you know, that's the point of having the stone for this particular path.
    Terra said:

    When using a sp2 it starts to drain down to 0. If activation of another special it drains faster since it still was used and hence drains power.

    I know that. I'm saying if a special 1 is activated and I have 1.5 bars of power, the Time Stone's 6.5 second power drain will occur and drain one bar of power, but will activate again to drain the other half of the bar of power (all the while mind you, Black Widow isn't healing for damage received). This process will repeat until I'm at zero power, even though I started with an extra half bar at special 1 activation and some additional power is from fighting after the special was activated. The Time Zone description does not account for these extra power drains, or I'm misreading. Either way, I'd like clarification on this mechanic.

  • dot_dittodot_ditto Posts: 202
    I can confirm .. once you use your special 1, power starts draining ... once it finishes after 6.5s ... if you still have any power, it immediately triggers again ... repeating this process until it reaches a point at which both the timer runs out and at the same time, you have 0 power.

    if the timer ever runs out, and you still have any power, it just triggers again ..

    I managed to throw 1 special, only .. and with how aggressive I was fighting, had the power drain trigger and re-trigger about 4 times. O.o

    Basically, after I threw 1 special, I was essentially power locked .. I couldn't gain power ... (well, I was gaining a bit, but then it would be constantly draining it)

    This definitely looks like a bug. (which keeps up with their track record of every stone bugged upon release!)

    LOL


  • LormifLormif Posts: 1,014
    LJF said:

    Terra said:

    The true strike can only be removed if it's a buff, ie not passive.

    I know that. I'm wondering if the Time Stone should be nullifying the true strike passive, because, you know, that's the point of having the stone for this particular path.
    Terra said:

    When using a sp2 it starts to drain down to 0. If activation of another special it drains faster since it still was used and hence drains power.

    I know that. I'm saying if a special 1 is activated and I have 1.5 bars of power, the Time Stone's 6.5 second power drain will occur and drain one bar of power, but will activate again to drain the other half of the bar of power (all the while mind you, Black Widow isn't healing for damage received). This process will repeat until I'm at zero power, even though I started with an extra half bar at special 1 activation and some additional power is from fighting after the special was activated. The Time Zone description does not account for these extra power drains, or I'm misreading. Either way, I'd like clarification on this mechanic.

    Some of the paths have champions that nullify the stones powers, this has been an issue since IMs path.
  • LJFLJF Posts: 7
    Can an admin weigh in on whether these are intended effects of the time stone, or are bugs?
  • dot_dittodot_ditto Posts: 202
    Would love to hear kabam's feedback on this ..

    Here's Seatin doing it .. and you can clearly see the power drain re-setting, and draining more than it should (??) (question marks, because we need confirmation .. as what we're seeing isn't matching what we're reading in the description .. :) )



    vs Morning star, there's a really clear example:

    @4:37 he activates sp1
    @4:44 power drain timer wears out and immediately activates a new one
    @4:52 power drain timer wears out again .. and immediately re activates ..
    @4:53 .. finally reaches 0 power, and power drains drop off

    (Length of power drain: 4:37 through 4:53 ... = 16s )

    -----

    so is this intended ?

    The description on the stone itself says:

    "Special Attacks no longer consume Power instantly but instead steadily consume power over 6.5s"

    yet we're seeing a 16s power drain in the example above.

    If the description is correct, then the game is bugged.
    If the game is working "as intended", then the description is in accurate, and should be changed to:

    "Special Attacks no longer consume Power instantly but instead steadily consume power until you are at 0 power"

  • SummonerNRSummonerNR Posts: 1,018
    Black Widow - Time Stone, taking the path that is designated as being for the Time Stone.

    (1) So the Stone gives Widow the ability to Auto-Evade.
    And by auto-evading, it removes any True Stike buff that opponent has.
    BUT, the opponent's True Stike PREVENTS Widow from even doing an Auto-Evade in the first place.

    So, what's the point of that feature of the Stone ???

    Only thing I can think of (but have never seen it happen yet) is that maybe the thinking was that Widow's natural Ability should maybe inhibit the opponent's TrueStrike from happening sometimes, and thus allow the Auto-Evade to occur. But doesn't look like that is happening.

    (2) Also seeing the other problem of power draining continuing on after the initial 6.5 secs have ended. And interestingly, the Cruelty buffs seem to start to skyrocket after the initial 6.5 secs is over and the “continuation” of more power draining time kicks in. Seatin's video shows those stacks jump to 32 and then 64 Cruelty as a 2nd and 3rd mysterious power draining timer kicks in for some unknown reason (although that high of Cruelty didn't appear to actually scale the damage of critical hits super-high).
  • WoozieWoozie Posts: 87
    Just saying, if you have a 4* 5/50 Capt America OG he can clear all paths even on epic without revives, I'm convinced below that could do it although you may need a couple 20% revives on the Void
  • SummonerNRSummonerNR Posts: 1,018
    Just seems odd that the paths that are supposed to benefit the certain hero with their Stone just seems to do the opposite. As if the paths are listed by Stone as to which Stone the OPPONENTS actually are able to counteract, and we should be using any of the other 5 heroes EXCEPT the one who has that listed Stone.
  • Bidzy7Bidzy7 Posts: 137
    basically this whole quest was poorly designed and not tested, hence why they dropped the difficulty because that was the easiest way to fix the many problems this quest kept bringing up. only OG cap path worked well and tbh you are better off using him for all other paths.

    The havok fight and void fight will the the hardest and you may need to use a revive or 2 for them depending on RNG.
Sign In or Register to comment.