**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

PLEASE MAKE THE CENSORED WORDS IN CHAT OPTIONAL. ADD A PARENTAL BLOCK ON SWEAR WORDS.

I am very sick of the censored words when I am chatting with friends in game. Also words always get censored even if I'm not swearing. Just five mins ago I typed to word "it" and it was censored. Please add an option to censor words because the more mature players are patronised and also annoyed when it takes them like 4 sentences to explain something because random words are censored.

Comments

• AngrycollectorAngrycollector Posts: 4
    Yes please great idea
  • HaminHamin Posts: 2,444 ★★★★★
    They can't

They would have to increase the rating of the game.
  • KeatonduddingKeatondudding Posts: 23
    Well they're gunna have to do something. At least let me write "f*ck" instead of "****"

Well they're gunna have to do something. At least let me write "f*ck" instead of "****"

Why?
  • TerraTerra Posts: 8,002 ★★★★★
    Kabams censor filter heavily needs updating. However we don't need to be allowed to write words as say f*ck since Kabam has a set age rating for the game and allowing swearing will up it and cut off a lot of newer players
  • TerraTerra Posts: 8,002 ★★★★★
    edited May 2019

Hamin said:

They can't

@Hamin thing is, it’s so easy to bypass that censor by simply using a different font. Not only that, but Global is already “X-Rated” ... with all the weird internet creeps on there. I really don’t see how removing the censor would make any difference.

But if it were up to me, I’d honestly just get rid of Global chat altogether. As said before, it’s just filled with creeps & trolls, & it adds absolutely NOTHING to the game.
    While I agree about some weirdoes on there, it does add things to the game. Recruiting, a place for newer players that maybe haven't discovered forums yet to get help ect. While some things could be updated it aint useless
    edited May 2019

Hamin said:

They can't

@Hamin thing is, it’s so easy to bypass that censor by simply using a different font. Not only that, but Global is already “X-Rated” ... with all the weird internet creeps on there. I really don’t see how removing the censor would make any difference.

But if it were up to me, I’d honestly just get rid of Global chat altogether. As said before, it’s just filled with creeps & trolls, & it adds absolutely NOTHING to the game.
    Yeah, censor bypassing is different. It's not something programmed into the game. It's not the same as just tapping a button to let the junk through.

If Bethesda had not designed textures with anatomically correct parts (see my link), they would have been able to keep the T rating regardless of the mods.

Edit: as far as Kabam is concerned they want to keep the T rating. This requires a filter... no matter how #### (lol) it is.
    @May_The_Way I totally agree with getting rid of Global or at least making new channels.

The creep factor of Global is vomit inducing.