**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Early Look: New Alliance Wars Maps - Discussion Thread

Comments

• Options
    RogerRabsRogerRabs Posts: 548 ★★★★

Flipping heck, too much complaining. Be glad rewards are getting better for season 11.
    What would be a good idea is to bring the new maps out a few wars before season 10 starts so everyone can adjust a bit first

Sorry, hard to get excited for an unknown rewards update that’s coming 2 months from now. And that we won’t actually get for 3 months.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,247 ★★★★★
    Ultra8529 said:

Stating there’s not an intended change in difficulty is a fallacy. Introducing a new map with the current nodes/buffs would be an unintended increase in difficulty as alliances would need to adjust for new paths and time allocation. By adding a new map with new nodes is indeed an intended increase in difficulty.

Kabam, please listen to the player base and implement an increase in AW rewards. You could increase individual war rewards and war crystals for season 10, and increase season rewards in season 11.

Agreed.

I am also still wondering why Kabam won't even release their intended increase to war rewards, even if it is just coming in Season 11. I'm sure just seeing what rewards will come in Season 11 will go someway to satisfying the player base.
    Historically, they don't announce things like that until close to the release.
  • Options
    hungryhungrybbqhungryhungrybbq Posts: 2,117 ★★★★★

Kabam, please listen to the player base and implement an increase in AW rewards. You could increase individual war rewards and war crystals for season 10, and increase season rewards in season 11.

Great idea.
  • Options
    Bidzy7Bidzy7 Posts: 369 ★★★
    I like the idea of the new map, creates more freedom and should help reduces some of the stress that current AW map creates due to very restrictive options when taking paths and where you can move to from those paths.
    However the lack of buff to rewards and yet the increase in difficulty in terms of some of the node combinations etc really gives me no incentive to even play season 10.
    In all honesty everyone is better off focusing more on AQ for next season and not even trying very hard for AW.
  • Options
    Bidzy7 said:

I like the idea of the new map, creates more freedom and should help reduces some of the stress that current AW map creates due to very restrictive options when taking paths and where you can move to from those paths.
    However the lack of buff to rewards and yet the increase in difficulty in terms of some of the node combinations etc really gives me no incentive to even play season 10.
    In all honesty everyone is better off focusing more on AQ for next season and not even trying very hard for AW.

That is the growing consensus. AQ over AW. AW as it currently stands is slowly becoming less useful. I do agree that the new map offers some interesting possibilities. However, beyond the node difficulty increase, the energy requirements have also been increased. In turn, requiring players to be more invested time wise. More investment should come with a better return. It's as simple as that. As it's ONLY the Map changing, our war rewards for the run at it should increase with it. I get why they'd want to wait until S11 with the release of Defense Tactics to rework the Season rewards though. Meeting us in the middle would be a nice compromise.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,247 ★★★★★
    Ultra8529 said:

Ultra8529 said:

Stating there’s not an intended change in difficulty is a fallacy. Introducing a new map with the current nodes/buffs would be an unintended increase in difficulty as alliances would need to adjust for new paths and time allocation. By adding a new map with new nodes is indeed an intended increase in difficulty.

Agreed.

I am also still wondering why Kabam won't even release their intended increase to war rewards, even if it is just coming in Season 11. I'm sure just seeing what rewards will come in Season 11 will go someway to satisfying the player base.
    Because this is how it was done in the past is rarely a good answer to calls for change, improvement and increased transparency.
    I think you're confusing transparency with total disclosure of everything. There's a difference. Transparency is not releasing info prematurely and telling people what they want to know when they want to know it. Lol. That's a Trial.
  • Options
    Ultra8529Ultra8529 Posts: 526 ★★★

Ultra8529 said:

Ultra8529 said:

Agreed.

Because this is how it was done in the past is rarely a good answer to calls for change, improvement and increased transparency.
    I think you're confusing transparency with total disclosure of everything. There's a difference. Transparency is not releasing info prematurely and telling people what they want to know when they want to know it. Lol. That's a Trial.
    Transparency is knowing what people want to know and then disclosing that.

Disclosing half the information while retaining the actually important other half is just pointless.
  • Options
    SadalSadal Posts: 93
    edited May 2019
    This is such [REMOVED PROFANITY] @Kabam Miike nice transparency.... you posted a beta saying only top 800 alliances can beta test this because these changes will only affect teir 1 to 3 alliance maps... now its everyone after the beta?!? That's not transparent at all.. it's a straight up lie.
    Post edited by Kabam Miike on
  • Options
    And now all top tier alliances have an advantage over everyone else, which you posted you didn't want in the original post
  • Options
    My alliance is a top 700 alliance war rated and top 100 alliance rating and has been since season 2
  • Options
    Sadal said:

Sadal said:

This is such [REMOVED PROFANITY] @Kabam Miike nice transparency.... you posted a beta saying only top 800 alliances can beta test this because these changes will only affect teir 1 to 3 alliance maps... now its everyone after the beta?!? That's not transparent at all.. it's a straight up lie.

That Beta is for Defence Tactics, which is what will only affect High Tier Alliances. The Map update was part of that, but is not what we were testing. Alliance Wars are matched based on a number of factors, and unless you are facing a top Alliance (in which case, your Alliance would have been part of the Beta), neither side has an advantage.
    Actually we hit teir 3 every season and face platinum 1 and 2 alliances regularly and weren't invited, so another lie. Also your post said "new map" not "new map mechanic" or anything about defense tactics which were posted almost a year ago and everyone got to participate in... the only new thin was the map layout... this response is you covering yourselves which it doesn't one bit
    We did have to pull the list of Alliances at a given time, which would mean that Alliances bounce in and out of the top may not have made it in. We will have an Off Season for Alliances to practice as well before the Season Starts, but I get where you're coming from.
  • Options

Sadal said:

Sadal said:

That Beta is for Defence Tactics, which is what will only affect High Tier Alliances. The Map update was part of that, but is not what we were testing. Alliance Wars are matched based on a number of factors, and unless you are facing a top Alliance (in which case, your Alliance would have been part of the Beta), neither side has an advantage.
    Actually we hit teir 3 every season and face platinum 1 and 2 alliances regularly and weren't invited, so another lie. Also your post said "new map" not "new map mechanic" or anything about defense tactics which were posted almost a year ago and everyone got to participate in... the only new thin was the map layout... this response is you covering yourselves which it doesn't one bit
    We did have to pull the list of Alliances at a given time, which would mean that Alliances bounce in and out of the top may not have made it in. We will have an Off Season for Alliances to practice as well before the Season Starts, but I get where you're coming from.
    We have never dropped below the top 800 since season 2.... so that logic doesn't hold up
  • Options
    Ultra8529Ultra8529 Posts: 526 ★★★

Sadal said:

Seems like this season the only thing matching alliances against each other is prestige and nothing else. Quick responses here but how about the other threads where everyone is questioning how wars are being matched in the first place.

9 seasons in and it still isn’t right. Instead of focusing on making the map more difficult you should really take a look at match making. My group has faced all REAL top 10 masters alliance this season solely because we’re a top 20 aq alliance yet there are other alliances in tier 1 with low prestige facing gold opponents but they’re getting master rewards.

Care to respond before I eventually get banned?
    it is really worrying to me how the game team is handling this.
  • Options
    GreywardenGreywarden Posts: 843 ★★★★
    edited May 2019
    anything? guess this will just go the route of any other thread 1000's of people want answers on...
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    I see a lot of talk about difficulty and rewards, but my biggest concern looking at the map is how the paths and nodes are set up. It looks like nine people need to join and move all right at the beginning to finish the first section together, before the whole group is able to proceed. This is seems like it's very inflexible with having people in different time zones or specific schedules. As the map is now, you can send people down paths like 1, 7, 9 etc and they will be able to finish the path pretty unencumbered by waiting for other people. You can stagger people in, get the middle sections done later perhaps if need be. Someone can't get in til a long time later? Great send them down 5.

But with this new linked system, everyone needs to move together at the same time if you want to go at a good pace. Each three path pod needs to complete for their mini, then all three of those minis need to be down to get the next set of minis. If you're Ina very organized, very active alliance maybe that won't be a problem for you. But if you're in an Alliance that needs to balance multiple time zones or work around specific schedules (which many many groups do) it looks to me like this is going to be a problem.

@Kabam Miike @Kabam Lyra
  • Options
    ArknightArknight Posts: 16
    Kabam, are you removing defender remaining points in this new map.
    It’s not fair when some weak alliances or the alliances who doesn’t want to win war, leaves a ton of nodes for their opponents resulting in an advantage to some alliances. There have been many instances where some top alliances tank during offseason so they can get a weak matchup during Aw season which results a ton of defender remaining points. If you look into your data you will find a lot of alliances are doing this and getting a benefit from it and you have done absolutely nothing to stop this cheating.
  • Options
    Ezekiel2014Ezekiel2014 Posts: 9
    Recently spent units and boosts to get my War victory crystal so I could pull a 3star arena boost. Totally worth it!
  • Options
    LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    Did they announce how long the offseason will be. Hopefully we have time to get used to the new map.
  • Options

Did they announce how long the offseason will be. Hopefully we have time to get used to the new map.

Announcement coming tomorrow.
  • Options
    ArknightArknight Posts: 16
    Mike, can you reply to my message above ? I am sure you have read it
  • Options
    DanielYorkDanielYork Posts: 42
    The rewards for AW were already not worth the effort, it’s why so many alliances are shifting to an AQ focus. This will only divide that further.
  • Options
    SiriusBreakSiriusBreak Posts: 2,156 Guardian
    edited May 2019

The rewards for AW were already not worth the effort, it’s why so many alliances are shifting to an AQ focus. This will only divide that further.

Exactly. No increase to the rewards in AW will only further decrease the desire to play it competitively for most. To maintain the balance, an update/boost is NECESSARY at this point. Long overdue as it is, let alone having a new Map being introduced. I still say, up just the war rewards, and save the Season boost for the introduction of Defense Tactics. However, seeing as how Defense Tactics is only for T5+ why make the rest wait? Whole of it just makes no sense in my eyes.
  • Options
    LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    So we have an extra week of offseason in order to allow time to get used to the new map, but the first week is the old map... That doesn't make a lot of sense. It's the normal two weeks with the new map and an extra week of the old map thrown in. Why run the old map at all?
  • Options
    Patchie93Patchie93 Posts: 1,898 ★★★★
    Cause they have to wait for the update for the new map. And many alliances who run map 6 AQ need wars for the loyalty to help afford it