**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

The worst part about 6* Juggs...

TheTrueBeastTheTrueBeast Posts: 255 ★★★
I was recently lucky enough to pull a 6* juggernaut and have played around with him quite a bit. As I have played with him, its become apparent that his damage is so low that it he can't even make use of adrenaline. He cant get enough damage to heal much at all, except with his once per fight crit. I dont believe I could have gotten a worse 6*

Comments

• TheSaithTheSaith Posts: 628 ★★★
    I can feel you.. Pulled my first 5* old man logan... He is just lol..
  • BeardedStarlordBeardedStarlord Posts: 55
    OML about to be beastly soon
  • SpeedbumpSpeedbump Posts: 1,520 ★★★
    True statement. I really hope that they do then lol
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,542 ★★★★★

DrZola said:

Juggs and Spidey have signature abilities that hearken back to the early days of the contest—that is, their core Marvel character trait doesn’t exist until they are awakened.

In my opinion, this is way beyond outdated. It’s fine for awakening to add extra to a champion or improve them significantly, but for almost their entire raison d’etre as a Marvel character to depend on awakening doesn’t make sense to me.

Imagine a Wolverine who didn’t regen at all until awakened, or a Ghost who couldn’t phase until awakened, or a Captain America who didn’t get a shield until awakened. I’m sure there are others who fit this description, but I’m low on coffee and can’t think of any others.

At any rate, Juggs should be unstoppable—period. Make his awakened ability something else. Otherwise he’s just a large guy with a salad bowl on his head, and that isn’t remotely true to Marvel’s creation.

Dr. Zola

I agree, although this could even be a cool thing, if executed properly.

Imagine thor rag getting stormbreaker once he's awakened.
    Right—just need to be consistent and not get too close to the “gears” concept. Thor could still have a weapon, and could still channel thunder (lightning?) but gets upgraded weaponry when awakened.

Dr. Zola
  • UnnecessaryJB1UnnecessaryJB1 Posts: 202
    Got 6* juggs6, hb, p2099, karnak, all 6* nightmares and you know what? I don't give a & £#@ about, barely use 6*,preffer 5* with pretty decent sign lvl, yeah there are 6* Gates, so what it's still doable even with all above craps.. There'll be better rng times for us I'm sure. 😉
  • UnnecessaryJB1UnnecessaryJB1 Posts: 202
    There's also bb 6* at my roster.. Forgot about him, another mcoc plumber..
  • KpatrixKpatrix Posts: 1,055 ★★★
    Too_qik said:

Juggernaut is awesome war defender if duped, bit otherwise yeah, he's pretty much worthless unless duped.

Juggs was my first r4 for war defense ages ago. With max MD he was decent, but since the change in MD and the overall indirect nerfing of the mystic class by the buffing of science champs and blade, I may have gotten 3 kills from him since seasons started. He’s just a diversity champ now, and not really a good one.

To top it off, he was my first 6* too, and only gets used during villain use for smashing through some heroic quests where he can skip the initial parry and immediately start swinging for quicker fights. Still slower than good damage dealers but points are points.
  • spaceoctopusspaceoctopus Posts: 1,111 ★★★
    He's ok on certain nodes in micro variant.
  • FhfjghhggggjfhfjgFhfjghhggggjfhfjg Posts: 4,492 ★★★★★
    TheSaith said:

I can feel you.. Pulled my first 5* old man logan... He is just lol..

Oldman logan is getting buffed
  • Mr_incredibl3Mr_incredibl3 Posts: 104
    😢 sorry for your loss (its kind of like dying)
  • Bear3Bear3 Posts: 996 ★★★
    There’s still champs who need their awakened ability... yes spidey doesn’t evade... juggy does go unstoppable at the start of the fight though. Yes some newer champs may technically have some form of their ability unawakened but many are **** without awakening. Blade doesn’t regen at all till awakened... aegon needs his badly... void needs his or he’s solid at best... I actually like that some don’t need it, some it helps a lot, and some it’s vital or their meh... makes it more interesting... I hope they never have champs all be good unawakened, just better awakened that sounds terrible and boring.

🐻
  • Speeds80Speeds80 Posts: 2,013 ★★★★
    Yeah I got aegon 6*, what a waste of time
  • Bear3Bear3 Posts: 996 ★★★
    Seems that way now.. he’s a great champ and down the line you’ll get him awakened I’m sure 😊

🐻
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,348 ★★★★★
    edited July 2019
    DrZola said:

Juggs and Spidey have signature abilities that hearken back to the early days of the contest—that is, their core Marvel character trait doesn’t exist until they are awakened.

In my opinion, this is way beyond outdated. It’s fine for awakening to add extra to a champion or improve them significantly, but for almost their entire raison d’etre as a Marvel character to depend on awakening doesn’t make sense to me.

Imagine a Wolverine who didn’t regen at all until awakened, or a Ghost who couldn’t phase until awakened, or a Captain America who didn’t get a shield until awakened. I’m sure there are others who fit this description, but I’m low on coffee and can’t think of any others.

At any rate, Juggs should be unstoppable—period. Make his awakened ability something else. Otherwise he’s just a large guy with a salad bowl on his head, and that isn’t remotely true to Marvel’s creation.

Dr. Zola

I agree totally.

Spidey/SymSpidey could easily have a basic 5% evade, which is then increased by Awakening; and Juggs could have an occasional Unstoppable that becomes reliable when Awakened.

Kabam could even rescale his Sig so that the total evade remained the same when Awakened; so minimal effect on overall game balance: it would just make him a bit more true to canon before being Awakened (and much better if pulled as a 6*)
  • Kobster84Kobster84 Posts: 2,898 ★★★★★
    Catherine said:

king groot is worse

Not even close king groot has a larger health pool better defender decent regen from sp3 and has pretty good ways to negate regen with despair
  • ThecurlerThecurler Posts: 839 ★★★★
    6* Rhino owner here. Easily on a par with Jugs. He has no use whatsoever.
    Thecurler said:

6* Rhino owner here. Easily on a par with Jugs. He has no use whatsoever.

Better defender can be good on aegis intercept
  • Speeds80Speeds80 Posts: 2,013 ★★★★
    Bear3 said:

Seems that way now.. he’s a great champ and down the line you’ll get him awakened I’m sure 😊

🐻

The issue is he really needs a high sig level as well, don't see that happening for a few years

He’s also still pretty bad duped not that great of a defender anymore since the md nerf