Upcoming Annihilus and Human Torch Balance Changes

12346»

Comments

• mgj0630mgj0630 Posts: 75
    @Kobster84 That would be a reasonable trade-off, but it could still contradict why someone may have gone after a certain champ. To your specific example, someone may have wanted Cull because he is capable of such high damage output without crits because they're struggling with a champ like Mr. Sinister.
  • Weapon__Weapon__ Posts: 3
    Yeah sure first you guys bring champion with god tier potential and you nerf them so that players will look forward to new champion
  • tkhan08tkhan08 Posts: 66
    Ebony Maw needed to be adjusted before HT and Annihilus.
  • SecondSkrillerSecondSkriller Posts: 52
    Kobster84 said:

V1PER1987 said:

I mean, this could be a very good thing but am I the only one worried that this might turn into a “milk the whales and after we make a fortune on new champs, nerf them into the ground?” I don’t know what compensation you would give someone if that were to happen. If they shell out $1,000 for a champ just for the champ to be nerfed 3 months later what is reasonable compensation?

Ye I think they’ve wowed people by saying they are buffing torch and annilhus but I get the feeling namor cull etc are gonna be “balanced” when their time comes after everyone has spent
    Don't think Namor needs a nerf m8, he is pretty balanced, his act 6 performance isn't the best, as for cull, I believe the payoff is too big to be honest, but I wouldn't nerf him, because why the hell would I like a champion to be worse? The more god tiers we have the better. Anyone who wishes for a nerf is pretty much only doing it out of spite in my opinion
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 2,588 ★★★★★

DrZola said:

ESF said:

Milan1405 said:

So, first I wanted to say thanks to the kabam team for taking another look at human torch, and balancing him to make him slightly more consistent and stronger overall. However, I believe that there are champions that are in need of a buff far more than HT, such as rhino, OG cap, Joe fixit, abomination, miles morales, OG spidey, sentry, antman - just to name the main ones in the science class alone. I like the idea of more consistent balance changes, and was wondering if you could balance champs slightly every month or something, like adding small perks to bad champs, like giving miles morales a damage buff, or fury etc. I think that the state of an ideal champion should be somewhat like archangel, who is insanely good for certain matchups, but does not faceroll almost everything, so I see him as balanced. Also magik is a champ that was fantastically reworked years ago, so that she is absolutely insane, but only in the hands of a skilled player. Champs which require a combo to be built, such as starlord, aegon proxima etc... are also balanced in my opinion, as the champion is only as good as you, the player, is.

This new Balance Update cadence is in addition to the Reworks that we're already doing, and could lead to us being able to hit up more of those older Champions in the future as well!

This does not mean that Champions released before Annihilus will not be revisited in the future!
    It would be awesome if you added 2-4 Gamora like buffs every month to 2015-2016 champs.
    Yep, yep. Gamora was obviously really extensive, and I understand that they probably aren't gonna get that deep into it, but I would argue pretty strongly that you can use Annihilus and Human Torch in content where you wouldn't dream of taking OG Iron Man and OG Captain America
    This is what strikes me as odd: assigning coding resources to otherwise serviceable champs while other champs (and bugs) that have languished get...what? If the team has grown and has increased bandwidth, then terrific—I hope that means more stuff gets addressed more quickly. But if it hasn’t, who’s working on the other stuff?

Dr. Zola
    Actually, what this does is reduce the need for serious revisions later on. Essentially, this is lightening their work load for the future.
    @GroundedWisdom My apologies.

Apparently, I’m not allowed to explain my disagreement with this comment. I’ve tried two different formulations, but both have been removed (despite being civil, straightforward and complying with every rule of the forums I’m aware of).

I don’t tend to like anonymous disagreement tags any more than I liked anonymous flags when they existed. Your point is a fair one, as I believed mine was—it’s actually possible to have respectful differences of opinions on the forums, if the mods will allow it.

Dr. Zola
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 19,321 ★★★★★
    DrZola said:

DrZola said:

ESF said:

Milan1405 said:

So, first I wanted to say thanks to the kabam team for taking another look at human torch, and balancing him to make him slightly more consistent and stronger overall. However, I believe that there are champions that are in need of a buff far more than HT, such as rhino, OG cap, Joe fixit, abomination, miles morales, OG spidey, sentry, antman - just to name the main ones in the science class alone. I like the idea of more consistent balance changes, and was wondering if you could balance champs slightly every month or something, like adding small perks to bad champs, like giving miles morales a damage buff, or fury etc. I think that the state of an ideal champion should be somewhat like archangel, who is insanely good for certain matchups, but does not faceroll almost everything, so I see him as balanced. Also magik is a champ that was fantastically reworked years ago, so that she is absolutely insane, but only in the hands of a skilled player. Champs which require a combo to be built, such as starlord, aegon proxima etc... are also balanced in my opinion, as the champion is only as good as you, the player, is.

This new Balance Update cadence is in addition to the Reworks that we're already doing, and could lead to us being able to hit up more of those older Champions in the future as well!

This does not mean that Champions released before Annihilus will not be revisited in the future!
    It would be awesome if you added 2-4 Gamora like buffs every month to 2015-2016 champs.
    Yep, yep. Gamora was obviously really extensive, and I understand that they probably aren't gonna get that deep into it, but I would argue pretty strongly that you can use Annihilus and Human Torch in content where you wouldn't dream of taking OG Iron Man and OG Captain America
    This is what strikes me as odd: assigning coding resources to otherwise serviceable champs while other champs (and bugs) that have languished get...what? If the team has grown and has increased bandwidth, then terrific—I hope that means more stuff gets addressed more quickly. But if it hasn’t, who’s working on the other stuff?

Dr. Zola
    Actually, what this does is reduce the need for serious revisions later on. Essentially, this is lightening their work load for the future.
    @GroundedWisdom My apologies.

Apparently, I’m not allowed to explain my disagreement with this comment. I’ve tried two different formulations, but both have been removed (despite being civil, straightforward and complying with every rule of the forums I’m aware of).

I don’t tend to like anonymous disagreement tags any more than I liked anonymous flags when they existed. Your point is a fair one, as I believed mine was—it’s actually possible to have respectful differences of opinions on the forums, if the mods will allow it.

Dr. Zola
    Yeah I agree on the Disagree. I don't use it. I may be old-fashioned, but I use my words.