**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Clarification regarding Namor Damage reflect

arni2arni2 Posts: 362 ★★
Following the post that @Kabam Miike has posted regarding Namor damage reflect (https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/154071/incoming-fix-namor-s-damage-reflection-and-interaction-with-one-eye-open-node#latest),
What will happen when Namor will face opponents like electro or variant 2, Will Namor take the damage and then when he reflects it back he will regen? Please clarify how it will work

Comments

• Primis00Primis00 Posts: 265 ★★★
    No he doesn't take damage and the Regen. Instead att max sig he will take no damage and reflect the damage to the opponent. You will basically do an extra burst of damage and Will take none of it
  • V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★
    The only thing that’s changing (being fixed) is he will reflect the damage when he stops attacking, not every time he takes damage while attacking.
  • Darkness275Darkness275 Posts: 806 ★★★★
    @Kabam Miike What about when Namor is throwing a special - does this mean he will now store up all damage taken during the several phases of his special and then reflect it? As it currently is, each pause during his special causes Namor to take damage.
  • danielmathdanielmath Posts: 4,041 ★★★★★
    arni2 said:

Following the post that @Kabam Miike has posted regarding Namor damage reflect (https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/154071/incoming-fix-namor-s-damage-reflection-and-interaction-with-one-eye-open-node#latest),
    What will happen when Namor will face opponents like electro or variant 2, Will Namor take the damage and then when he reflects it back he will regen? Please clarify how it will work

No, read the post......
  • @Kabam Miike What about when Namor is throwing a special - does this mean he will now store up all damage taken during the several phases of his special and then reflect it? As it currently is, each pause during his special causes Namor to take damage.

It will be on each Hit still. Special 1 and 2 Attacks don't count as one long attack.
  • Darkness275Darkness275 Posts: 806 ★★★★

@Kabam Miike What about when Namor is throwing a special - does this mean he will now store up all damage taken during the several phases of his special and then reflect it? As it currently is, each pause during his special causes Namor to take damage.

It will be on each Hit still. Special 1 and 2 Attacks don't count as one long attack.
    Thanks for the clarification, much appreciated.
  • To close this out, this is what I heard straight from the Character Designer: "The window of time Namor is protected should remain the same. We only changed the trigger event for the damage"
  • LialechkaLialechka Posts: 35
    If your “fix” was supposed reflect only the damage received during Namor’s attack ( like from electro or korg) it’s not working properly.
  • ZuroZuro Posts: 2,707 ★★★★★
    Lialechka said:

To close this out, this is what I heard straight from the Character Designer: "The window of time Namor is protected should remain the same. We only changed the trigger event for the damage"

So, it’s normal that you have no way of defeating Namor? He reflects damage to all, even quake. I wasn’t able to find any champion that was able to avoid it. How is this a fair balance for the war? We can place 150 Namors as defenders and win the war?
    What are you talking about
  • ezgoingezgoing Posts: 269 ★★
    When fighting Namor now, I get KOed just by fighting normally. I don’t recall him being like that in his EQ. Isn’t he supposed to reflect damage which he receives only while he’s attacking?

Zuro said:

Lialechka said:

To close this out, this is what I heard straight from the Character Designer: "The window of time Namor is protected should remain the same. We only changed the trigger event for the damage"

So, it’s normal that you have no way of defeating Namor? He reflects damage to all, even quake. I wasn’t able to find any champion that was able to avoid it. How is this a fair balance for the war? We can place 150 Namors as defenders and win the war?
    What are you talking about
    Why don’t you go and try to defeat him in a duel. Use any champion, but Corvus. Then, you don’t have to ask this question.
    ezgoing said:

When fighting Namor now, I get KOed just by fighting normally. I don’t recall him being like that in his EQ. Isn’t he supposed to reflect damage which he receives only while he’s attacking?

That’s my point!
    Well, someone should let them know. They think it was fixed
    ezgoing said:

@Kabam Miike
  • ZuroZuro Posts: 2,707 ★★★★★
    My bad I haven't fought him in a while. What damage is he reflecting?
  • AleorAleor Posts: 3,045 ★★★★★
    Lialechka said:

@ezgoing said:

@Kabam Miike
    Looks like you get reflected damage after you parry. It's like if he attacked on block, but reflect timer didn't stop after he was stunned
    Aleor said:

Lialechka said:

@ezgoing said:

@Kabam Miike
    Looks like you get reflected damage after you parry. It's like if he attacked on block, but reflect timer didn't stop after he was stunned
    He reflects it regardless if you parry or not. He returns the damage that he is not supposed to return. This damage wasn’t done during his attack ( that’s what he should do).
  • arni2arni2 Posts: 362 ★★
    Do I see Cull 2.0 situation? working well -> bugged ->"fixed" -> bugged even more -> fixed
  • LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★
    Could it be acting like "dash vulnerability" where you take the 200% during the entire combo and not just the first hit? So he dashes in "attacks", so all damage taken during that single attack is attributed to his reflect?
  • ShinobiGuyShinobiGuy Posts: 555 ★★★
    edited August 2019
    Whoa! This is crazy. Had to try it and dueled Lagacy. Every parry shaves off an insane amount of health like a second after. No video, sorry.

This discussion has been closed.