**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

She-Hulk Heavy Speed Bug Fix [Title Edited for Clarity]

Comments

• ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★
    KerayZ said:

ItsDamien said:

The thing I don't agree with the most in that video - stating that people knew it was cheese, this information at the top end of the game gets spread around all the big line groups with the top players (which has been confirmed a few times that these groups exist), then complaining and wanting rank down tickets for something you knew was cheese. IF it was intended for She-Hulk to be able to chain her heavy that way from a combo, much like Wasp can and is a part of her ACTUAL kit, then yes I'd understand the outrage. But from my understanding SH was not meant to have the ability to chain her heavy in that way, it was unintended. The reason it takes a while for this to become an issue for Kabam is they have to observe how many people are abusing a mechanic, if it's a small group of people and its relatively unknown, then they'll take their time with it, but if they see a big increase in that issue then they'll slam the hammer down hard and fast. Honestly this is another case of "The people who knew about this, should have kept it to themselves".

It was posted on youtube as "She-Hulk Cheese" by one of the top players in the game. Who is in all those groups. Thousands of people seen it and it was even a copy of a video already made the month before. If you used her at end game and didnt feel you were cheesing the contest....i call BS on that.
    The problem is that people KNEW it was cheese. They knew it wasn't the intended purpose. There's no description that she would perform that way. At least in the AA situation people were given wrong information about how his Neuro was working. Just because people ranked someone up for their unintended purpose and knowingly did so to cheese it, doesn't mean they deserve RDT.
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    Aside from AA and She-Hulk no champion listed was nerfed, a nerf requires a change of functionality. Domino, SS, and NF function as they have or as they are described, they had description errors or bugs. There is a clear disconnect with reality when failing to acknowledge this.

I ranked She-Hulk for her abilities the cheese was a bonus, good riddance to the cheese. I’m not alone in this.

The fear mongering coupled with half truths is destructive. Yes Ilac doesn’t forget, he lives in the past. Move on. Although crying to Rosemann is hilarious, keep it up. #cognitivedissonance

• BigbowlrBigbowlr Posts: 124
    It's time like this I'm happy I'm low on gold. Usually helps me from getting railroaded by blindside nerfs like these.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,552 Guardian

Examples of non-She-hulk champions that can do heavy at end of combo....

Every champ can heavy after combo if the AI chooses not to retaliate at that exact moment. The issue with She Hulk appears to be that she can do so in a way where the AI cannot retaliate even if it wants to because of the specifics of how her attack timing works.
    KerayZ said:

@ItsDamien yes they do deserve tickets. are you implying they should be punished for their resource use and choice? Kabam themselves are advertising its use in their own "summoner showdown"

@CoatHang3r they all deserve rank down tickets. its false advertisement and the company made $$$ off sales for the champions.

That said a RDT for just She-Hulk would be amazing! Doesn't change the fact THEY ALL deserved it. If you disagree that's ok! Doesn't make it any less factual though because you have a different opinion.

But hey maybe you can convince the folks quitting the game you love so much to stick around! Tell them they don't deserve Tickets for anyone.

In FACT Coathanger why not just make a video on it? You tried your hand in some youtuber stuff. Give everyone your two cents. (holds breath on that while you hide on the forums)

They didn't falsely advertise it, falsely advertising would be explicitly stating in the description of the champion that they can combo into a heavy. The only champion who is INTENDED to do that is Wasp, no other champ is supposed to be able to do that, which Kabam has stated. They also stated that they were unaware of how she could combo into heavy attacks like that. You think they have time to sit and watch EVERY video by every one of their content creators to see exactly what they're doing?

The only people who are "falsely advertising" are Youtubers who put out this information as if it were gospel, so they can generate some revenue from their videos.
    edited August 2019
    I’m not arguing RDT’s their probably warranted but that has zero to do with what I’m saying so nice straw man, I’m sure You will use more, as usual.

Well for one I’ve only posted fight videos absent any commentary, not sure that qualifies as youtube stuff. It’s closer to the file sharing of games I did prior to youtube. People are welcome to my two cents, they can find it right here.
    DNA3000 said:

KerayZ said:

@KerayZ that's dedication

Seriously i could say the sky is blue and he would argue it since its just a reflection of the ocean.
    Shouldn't the sky be brown in the desert then?
    Oof. Big OOF.
  • KerayZKerayZ Posts: 220 ★★★
    edited August 2019
    DNA3000 said:

KerayZ said:

Seriously i could say the sky is blue and he would argue it since its just a reflection of the ocean.
    hahahahhaha

@ItsDamien Sym Supreme, Domino, Namor, Nick Fury & Cull Obsidian. All false advertisements, bug fixes, description fixes...label it as you wish. They all deserve it.

AA & She Hulk...straight up nerfed and 100% deserve it.

The former point was just stressing a track record of failure and no compensation. Need me to elaborate more for you?
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★
    edited August 2019
    Lainua said:

He is right. Kabam does anything they want without thinking about the community.

This is absolutely incorrect. They do what's necessary in spite of the fact that people may react. That's considered by any company when making changes such as this, especially this one in particular where it's no large secret how people react to changes to Champs. That doesn't make these decisions any less necessary. Your comment is as if they never consider their Player Base, and to consider it means to give people whatever they want all the time in spite of what's best for the game. That's an incredibly dangerous approach.
    DNA3000 said:

KerayZ said:

I’d be more likely to assure him that the contrails are not in fact the chemtrails he thinks they are.
    KerayZ said:

DNA3000 said:

KerayZ said:

hahahahhaha

@ItsDamien Sym Supreme, Domino, Namor, Nick Fury & Cull Obsidian. All false advertisements, bug fixes, description fixes...label it as you wish. They all deserve it.

AA & She Hulk...straight up nerfed and 100% deserve it.

The former point was just stressing a track record of failure and no compensation. Need me to elaborate more for you?
    All of which were brought to light by Youtubers showing how their mechanics were mostly unintended. As for Domino, she wasn't nerfed, she worked the same as she did at launch. How can you nerf something when nothing changed? That my friend is not how game design works. Perhaps working for a Games Company as a tester, or any Software company will help you understand that.
  • LilMaddogHTLilMaddogHT Posts: 1,150 ★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

Every champ can heavy after combo if the AI chooses not to retaliate at that exact moment. The issue with She Hulk appears to be that she can do so in a way where the AI cannot retaliate even if it wants to because of the specifics of how her attack timing works.
    No the champs with these quick upper cut heavies can 100% heavy at end of combo when they are up against the wall when they are under a bar of power. That is the same 2 requirements for She-Hulk to do it as well 100% of time.

1. Be up against wall
    2. Opponent has less than 1 bar of power.

Another example not on the video is King Groot. Like I've mentioned before, this is a mechanic that has been in the game forever depending on the heavy the champ has.
  • UltimatheoryUltimatheory Posts: 520 ★★★
    DNA3000 said:

The video is correct. People have been doing this with these champs for years. I mentioned earlier in a previous post that I saw mvinceable do it in a war vid with Ultron 2 years ago. I always found it a reliable and interesting way to form a combo and used it ever since. To me this was a regular game mechanic.
  • Stagedear85Stagedear85 Posts: 774 ★★★

kabam sure knows how to get the community all wild up but guess what at the end of the day everyone will get over it and spend on the next champ just to get the “wasn’t working as intended” , as I always say only way to get ya voice heard is with ya pocket if you keep spending for this kind of service that’s what you will get.

I get what you're saying, but not everyone spent on this champ and some people had to grind to rank her and get a lucky crystal pull
    That’s true but time was wasted and resources, what about those that rank her up because she was their only option for act 6.2 champion boss just to find out she will be “fix” what about those that took advantage of that, I’m sure Kabam didn’t just notice this and where’s the accountability on their end for the lack of testing and lack of transparency. I know Kabam states they’re looking into all bugs but I find it funny how the backdraft intercept was ignored..
  • kabam sure knows how to get the community all wild up but guess what at the end of the day everyone will get over it and spend on the next champ just to get the “wasn’t working as intended” , as I always say only way to get ya voice heard is with ya pocket if you keep spending for this kind of service that’s what you will get.

I get what you're saying, but not everyone spent on this champ and some people had to grind to rank her and get a lucky crystal pull
    That’s true but time was wasted and resources, what about those that rank her up because she was their only option for act 6.2 champion boss just to find out she will be “fix” what about those that took advantage of that, I’m sure Kabam didn’t just notice this and where’s the accountability on their end for the lack of testing and lack of transparency. I know Kabam states they’re looking into all bugs but I find it funny how the backdraft intercept was ignored..
    Oh I agree with you there
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★
    edited August 2019

Why let this persist for so long without even mentioning that she wasnt functioning as intended? I’m sure the devs and moderators watch as much game or hero specific content as the rest of us and were acutely aware that this mechanic was a driving reason as to why people were ranking her and using her, why then has no-one from kabam taken the time to forewarn customers that this specific function was in fact not meant for her design and would in fact be corrected?
    Gross negligence from whoever is responsible for letting this “bug” continue for long without At least updating people on it so they could make an informed decision on what they use their hard earned resources for.
    Really hope they offer people the chance to reverse their decision as it seems the only reason this situation has developed is because the devs have been asleep at the wheel or lack the knowledge of their own game to truly grasp the impact a decision like this would have on the specific champion and her general usefulness within their own meta. Either way it doesn’t look very competent

If I had to venture a guess, I'd say they weren't looking at it until some type of interaction was introduced which brought it to light.
This discussion has been closed.