Obvious immunities.

This topic is nothing new. It has been brought up by various players many times.
There are some champions in the game who should, logically, possess immunity to certain effects. But for some reasons, ("balance" as they say), they are not immune to those certain effects.
For eg.,
ICEMAN- should be immune to coldsnap and frostbite.
Ghost Rider- incinerate.
Sunspot - coldsnap and frostbite just like Human Torch is.

I know that kabam has provided some abilities for eg,
Daredevil - immune to invisibility
Magneto - immune to reverse effects
Havok and Cyclops - immune to each others energy damage.

What I'm trying to say is these abilities aren't specified in champions but they're logically accurate. when you take care of such details, we really appreciated it.
So I request you to take another step and provide these immunities to those who should logically possess.
Regards.

Comments

  • XdSpoodermanxDXdSpoodermanxD Posts: 329 ★★★
    edited September 8
    You’re clearly new here. Or at least you act like it.
  • NikhilNikhil Posts: 77
    I understand that mcoc world is weird.
    Where corvus glave is immune to coldsnap and iceman is not
    But trying to convince again and again is the only thing I can do.

    And yes another request
    Juggernaut- should be immune to reverse controls. This way he'll be more useful and more people will actually use him.
  • NikhilNikhil Posts: 77
    Nikhil said:

    You’re clearly new here. Or at least you act like it.

    I'm playing for almost 4 years.
    I don't think kabam will act on my request. I'm just trying same thing that others had in past many times.
    You can either put a constructive discussion or make kabam ignore this by commenting taunts all over.
  • XdSpoodermanxDXdSpoodermanxD Posts: 329 ★★★
    Nikhil said:

    Nikhil said:

    You’re clearly new here. Or at least you act like it.

    I'm playing for almost 4 years.
    I don't think kabam will act on my request. I'm just trying same thing that others had in past many times.
    You can either put a constructive discussion or make kabam ignore this by commenting taunts all over.
    1: If you don’t think Kabam will act on your request why make it ( especially if you’ve seen it asked for a million times before without being acted on before)

    2: They’re going to ignore it anyways

    3: You quoted the wrong message
  • NikhilNikhil Posts: 77

    Nikhil said:

    Nikhil said:

    You’re clearly new here. Or at least you act like it.

    I'm playing for almost 4 years.
    I don't think kabam will act on my request. I'm just trying same thing that others had in past many times.
    You can either put a constructive discussion or make kabam ignore this by commenting taunts all over.
    1: If you don’t think Kabam will act on your request why make it ( especially if you’ve seen it asked for a million times before without being acted on before)

    2: They’re going to ignore it anyways

    3: You quoted the wrong message
    1. What i meant to say that kabam is likely to ignore this as they did many times.
    2.However, I'm doing my part which is putting my request. There's a possibility that kabam might see this. It's not like kabam never listen to us. I'm just hoping for good.

    3. You're right, my bad.
  • AmishBarnacleAmishBarnacle Posts: 15
    I agree this post like some stuff is obvious asf like how is electro not shock immune but Thing is
  • TerraTerra Posts: 1,355 ★★★

    I agree this post like some stuff is obvious asf like how is electro not shock immune but Thing is

    Electricity don't effect rocks. And last I checked electro is schock immune unless it's a passive one
  • AmishBarnacleAmishBarnacle Posts: 15
    Terra said:

    I agree this post like some stuff is obvious asf like how is electro not shock immune but Thing is

    Electricity don't effect rocks. And last I checked electro is schock immune unless it's a passive one </blockquote
    I know electricity doesnt effect rock i was saying how come electro aint shock immune
  • TerraTerra Posts: 1,355 ★★★
    edited September 8

    Terra said:

    I agree this post like some stuff is obvious asf like how is electro not shock immune but Thing is

    Electricity don't effect rocks. And last I checked electro is schock immune unless it's a passive one
    He is schock immune since his buff. Check his abillities. Unless it's a passive schock he wont take damage from it. If he gets its on him he just becomes stronger damage wise
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 2,393 ★★★★
    Bit another one of these posts for gods sake
  • Search for other similar posts on this. There are over 100 of them, you will find the answers.

    But in a few words: none of those scenarios would provide an "obvious" immunity. It's fiction, it works how the creators want it to work. Fire can b e hurt by fire, ice hurt by ice, etc.

    For the easter-eggs, is a different thing. Those should be stated or writted anywhere in the abilities list
  • Mqc19Mqc19 Posts: 81
    Disagree with everyone here that agrees w kabam. It’s an oversight.

    Fire is fire, mystic fire, camp fire or whatever. It’s heat. GR is on fire, he shouldn’t be affected by it.

    Ice is ice - I think you get what I’m about to say.

    Etc etc

    If they aren’t gonna make these champs immune they really need to explore a high resistance, like what they did w shock champs (JF, electro, etc) or OR/bleed.

    It’s one thing for developers to create champs the way they want them to be but obvious immunities that have been explored in the films and more importantly comic books shouldn’t be overlooked. Part of the reason we play this game is we love the comic book champs and their abilities. I truly believe kabam didn’t make these champs immune initially because there were not great counters at the time of release, aka lots of items were used. So they made excuses and stories to which they don’t want to reconsider because it would raise lots of criticism community wide.

    Example - when ice came out, I wouldn’t get hit in most of the boss fights and still die in quest mode. Which meant units and $. Typical kabam fashion.

    In closing, for all you forum peeps that feel the need to argue against and or for kabam’s decision - this post isn’t for you. Just like the guy who originally created it intended. This is a platform for community members to voice their opinion to kabam whether heard or un-heard, it’s their right to do so. Way to many critics that think they know it all or want to ruffle feathers of community members. To be clear I have most of the champs in the game and counters for every obstacle and still find it crazy that this hasn’t been done - in other words these changes affect all summoners positively so arguing against it is closed minded and naive.
  • 007md92007md92 Posts: 205
    This is the most talked about topic since they introduced these characters.
    This and why sentry is soo meehh. & ghost rider should be able to inflict incenerate. And many more.
    Well. I don't think this will ever change.
    So either u r new. Or u r trying to spend some free time.
  • TheBestinTuakauTheBestinTuakau Posts: 152
    Taskmaster is power drain immune
  • All I'm saying is, someone that is made of fire, controls fire, creates fire, eats fire etc isn't necessarily immune to fire, or at least all fire.
    Its fictions, it is possible. And yes, it happens already, so it is not new
  • Captain_NietschCaptain_Nietsch Posts: 286
    007md92 said:

    This is the most talked about topic since they introduced these characters.
    This and why sentry is soo meehh. & ghost rider should be able to inflict incenerate. And many more.
    Well. I don't think this will ever change.
    So either u r new. Or u r trying to spend some free time.

    Why does it sound like people are resigned, and like it's no use voicing your opinions on the game?
    Yeah, maybe lots of forum members have asked the same question before, without it being addressed. Should that make people stop asking for it? I fail to see the logic. And, this is a forum to discuss and express your opinion, so let them. If you feel they post a discussion similar to what someone has previously posted? Feel free to just keep scrolling and don't waste your time complaining that they did post.
  • EtjamaEtjama Posts: 665 ★★
    I get that everyone is tired of the Iceman immune to coldsnap posts being redone, but that doesn't mean you should disagree with it and defend Kabam. Here's my opinion:
    Iceman is able to bring anything to absolute zero and he's literally frozen hell over. If anything's at absolute zero, it means their molecules, and thus they as a whole cannot move. So I don't think Iceman should be coldsnap immune. Cause if Iceman blasted Iceman, he would still freeze. That also goes for Human Torch and Sunspot though. That being said, we just had Vision (Aarkus) introduced as another coldsnap champion and I don't think his powers work like that. But at the same time, Sabretooth is coldsnap immune, so Kabam obviously doesn't think Iceman's powers look like that either. In the end though, if Kabam's made Sabretooth (a guy with fur) coldsnap immune, then Sunspot and Iceman should be too. Period.
  • XxLoganTDCxXXxLoganTDCxX Posts: 1,974 ★★★
    I think Iceman should not be immune to incinerate, because fire melts ice
    lol don't take this seriously.
  • Haji_SaabHaji_Saab Posts: 2,842 ★★★★★
    I will support this cause if you also support me in making Hulk immune to punch damage from human champs.
  • ChampioncriticChampioncritic Posts: 1,967 ★★★
    Nikhil said:

    I understand that mcoc world is weird.
    Where corvus glave is immune to coldsnap and iceman is not
    But trying to convince again and again is the only thing I can do.

    And yes another request
    Juggernaut- should be immune to reverse controls. This way he'll be more useful and more people will actually use him.

    Juggernaut IS in fact immune to reverse controls, specifically ONLY the reverse controls caused by emma frost.
  • NikhilNikhil Posts: 77
    Mqc19 said:

    Disagree with everyone here that agrees w kabam. It’s an oversight.

    Fire is fire, mystic fire, camp fire or whatever. It’s heat. GR is on fire, he shouldn’t be affected by it.

    Ice is ice - I think you get what I’m about to say.

    Etc etc

    If they aren’t gonna make these champs immune they really need to explore a high resistance, like what they did w shock champs (JF, electro, etc) or OR/bleed.

    It’s one thing for developers to create champs the way they want them to be but obvious immunities that have been explored in the films and more importantly comic books shouldn’t be overlooked. Part of the reason we play this game is we love the comic book champs and their abilities. I truly believe kabam didn’t make these champs immune initially because there were not great counters at the time of release, aka lots of items were used. So they made excuses and stories to which they don’t want to reconsider because it would raise lots of criticism community wide.

    Example - when ice came out, I wouldn’t get hit in most of the boss fights and still die in quest mode. Which meant units and $. Typical kabam fashion.

    In closing, for all you forum peeps that feel the need to argue against and or for kabam’s decision - this post isn’t for you. Just like the guy who originally created it intended. This is a platform for community members to voice their opinion to kabam whether heard or un-heard, it’s their right to do so. Way to many critics that think they know it all or want to ruffle feathers of community members. To be clear I have most of the champs in the game and counters for every obstacle and still find it crazy that this hasn’t been done - in other words these changes affect all summoners positively so arguing against it is closed minded and naive.

    Thank you.
Sign In or Register to comment.