**WE ARE NO LONGER Temporarily Reverting Tier 1 War Ban System**

After further discussion, the game team has made the decision not make adjustements to the ban system.
The previously proposed fix would have resolved the issue for Summoners who are on the cusp of T1/T2 play, and negatively impacted Alliances more securely in T1. Instead, we recommend that cusp Alliances switch to Manual Placement to your members to place the allotted 5 Ban Champions limit there.

Apologies for the back and forth, and for any confusion.
Options

Parry stun greatly reduced.

John7519John7519 Posts: 22
edited September 2019 in Bugs and Known Issues
The stun time of parry has been reduced. To the point where I can no longer land a heavy consistently. I’ve been playing for almost 4 years, and the change is easily noticeable. My question to the mods is this, if I reduce my mastery points in Parry, will it reduce the stun even more? Is this an issue Kabam is even looking at? I’m sure the trolls are going to jump on me for not posting evidence, but if you have played this game for any length of time it is easy to see

Comments

  • Options
    TheBestinTuakauTheBestinTuakau Posts: 955 ★★★
    Is it against rogue?
  • Options
    TheBestinTuakauTheBestinTuakau Posts: 955 ★★★
    Is it against rogue?
  • Options
    John7519John7519 Posts: 22
    edited September 2019
    Thanks for your post @Madcat. Hopefully it will be addressed, not just ignored or deleted. I hope others that are experiencing this will post too
  • Options
    MadcatMadcat Posts: 385 ★★★
    You are welcome. Try reducing the points in Parry and post the results before and after - more evidence will help Kabam and the community realize Parry 2 and Parry 3 are broken.
  • Options
    LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★
    Madcat said:

    I made a post on this - Parry 2/3 and Parry 3/3 no longer add 0.2 seconds and 0.3 seconds each to the stun timer. Kabam has ignored the post so far. I have broken it down in a ticket for them even. See post below:

    https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/157359/huge-bug-parry-timer-is-not-correct-vs-generic-quest-npcs#latest

    This should not be causing his issue, even with the shorted stun based on parry he should still be able to get a consistent heavy off.
  • Options
    Billie90Billie90 Posts: 17
    I've been experiencing exactly the same as you guys described. In addition to what you already described, the reduction in parry stun duration time makes Domino's synergy with Masacre useless, since it's not possible to chain two combos after parry stun, as I was used to do before. Like this the synergy is basically useless. I hope Kabam fixes this promptly
  • Options
    LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★
    Billie90 said:

    I've been experiencing exactly the same as you guys described. In addition to what you already described, the reduction in parry stun duration time makes Domino's synergy with Masacre useless, since it's not possible to chain two combos after parry stun, as I was used to do before. Like this the synergy is basically useless. I hope Kabam fixes this promptly

    If you are fighting a node with limber that is a set amount of time instead of a percent the synergy will become useless. That synergy only works with % based limber nodes.
  • Options
    John7519John7519 Posts: 22
    I should be able to consistently land my heavies, but it isn’t happening. I think they sped up the AI response time, and it negates the proper parry stun timing. I’ve been playing for over 3 years, and have never had a problem before. I haven’t changed my masteries. Since the hotfix just downloaded on my phone, it seems to be better.
  • Options
    John7519John7519 Posts: 22
    It isn’t actually. Still not working right
  • Options
    Speeds80Speeds80 Posts: 2,013 ★★★★
    I had a Carnage last war I couldn't heavy on aegis node, he was snapping out too fast, I'm unfamiliar but is this a mechanic of his? Otherwise yes I too have experienced this bug
  • Options
    MadcatMadcat Posts: 385 ★★★
    AW - could be defensive mastery differences. If you had 3/3 in both Parry and Stupefy, and since Parry is not giving the extra 0.5 seconds it should be, that could be part of it, however, as it would give an extra 0.25 seconds even with the defender maxing that mastery.
  • Options
    LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★
    John7519 said:

    It isn’t actually. Still not working right

    John7519 said:

    It isn’t actually. Still not working right

    can you give us the nodes you are talking about? Is this AW, AQ, what nodes, videos something? I have been working on 100%ing 6.2 today and I can get heavies off just fine. You are going to need to show them this happening.
  • Options
    MadcatMadcat Posts: 385 ★★★
    @Lormif - try it with 1/3 in Parry and 3/3 in Parry and see if you notice a difference in the stun length.
  • Options
    LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★
    edited September 2019
    Madcat said:

    @Lormif - try it with 1/3 in Parry and 3/3 in Parry and see if you notice a difference in the stun length.

    I am not arguing there is a difference, not against your bug report. in the other thread. There is no evidence in this thread to suggest that what his mysteries are, and a .5 drop if there is a bug in your other thread would not make heavies inconstant, as 2.5 seconds is long enough to have consistent heavies, as seen by the use of limber and the domino/mass/red hulk synergies on limber nodes. 1 second is long enough to have consistent heavies. This is why this user needs to provide a lot more information to make a determination of what is going on. For all we know he could be trying to do it against things like KG, or KP, where they have natural parry removals.
  • Options
    MadcatMadcat Posts: 385 ★★★
    True. If he has 1/3 or 3/3 in Parry and 0 in Stupefy, against anyone with the Limber mastery vs people that do not, he would be going from 1.5 seconds (viable to heavy against) to 0.75 seconds (not viable to heavy against). Against KG, KP it could be shrugged, or Groot, Rogue, Karnak it could be their natural reduction in debuff length that could be highlighting the shortened Parry length.
  • Options
    Billie90Billie90 Posts: 17
    Lormif said:

    Billie90 said:

    I've been experiencing exactly the same as you guys described. In addition to what you already described, the reduction in parry stun duration time makes Domino's synergy with Masacre useless, since it's not possible to chain two combos after parry stun, as I was used to do before. Like this the synergy is basically useless. I hope Kabam fixes this promptly

    If you are fighting a node with limber that is a set amount of time instead of a percent the synergy will become useless. That synergy only works with % based limber nodes.
    Forgot to say in my previous post that this happens also in nodes that don't have limber.
  • Options
    LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★
    Billie90 said:

    Lormif said:

    Billie90 said:

    I've been experiencing exactly the same as you guys described. In addition to what you already described, the reduction in parry stun duration time makes Domino's synergy with Masacre useless, since it's not possible to chain two combos after parry stun, as I was used to do before. Like this the synergy is basically useless. I hope Kabam fixes this promptly

    If you are fighting a node with limber that is a set amount of time instead of a percent the synergy will become useless. That synergy only works with % based limber nodes.
    Forgot to say in my previous post that this happens also in nodes that don't have limber.
    Then you really need to post more details, nodes, who you are fighting, videos preferably, because this is not something happening to the rest of us
  • Options
    ÆrroneousÆrroneous Posts: 85
    I’ve noticed the parry stun time has been reduced also. Came here to make sure it wasn’t just my imagination.
  • Options
    GiganteaGigantea Posts: 111
    Same issue I am seeing.
Sign In or Register to comment.