**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

AA or wait

Gday Amigos I pulled a 5 star mutant awakening gem and am unsure what I should do. Do I awaken my AA and take him to rank 4 or wait for Namor or sunspot?

Comments

• MΛSSΛCREMΛSSΛCRE Posts: 101
    I wouldn’t wait for Namor unless you plan on having 199 sig stones
  • BazzaBazza Posts: 42
    My current team is 6 star Prox 5 star rank 4 Luke cage kill monger and captain beards plus a random champ donu think it’s worth awakening and ranking up AA with about 80 stones for that last slot?
  • Feeney234Feeney234 Posts: 1,150 ★★★★
    AA is well worth it. He never lets me down.
  • z2313457z2313457 Posts: 7
    AA dup at sig 80 is around 30% ability accuracy reduction. At 3 neurotoxin, opponents abilities cannot be triggered.
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    z2313457 said:

AA dup at sig 80 is around 30% ability accuracy reduction. At 3 neurotoxin, opponents abilities cannot be triggered.

30 x 3 is 90, 100-90 is 10 so they can still trigger abilities, I’d awaken him and not use the stones personally
  • Post your roster so we can get a better sense of what's missing.

Generally though, wait. AA's not the game-breaking champ he was 2+ years ago. He's limited and won't take you very far. Save for the Omegas and Namors, preferably Omega.
  • RapRap Posts: 3,193 ★★★★
    Ha! There is no game changer in this game and AA is a solid sound bet. I'd do it! Mine is a 4* r5 and he clears nodes like a champ! (Which he is!)
  • Zayo_278Zayo_278 Posts: 264
    AA better than namor in almost all aspects of the game. And AA needs his sig ability to be truly God tier
  • OctoberstackOctoberstack Posts: 872 ★★★★
    edited October 2019
    Zayo_278 said:

AA better than namor in almost all aspects of the game. And AA needs his sig ability to be truly God tier

@Zayo_278 I love my maxed AA and I still use him a lot (made boss rush Domino an absolute cakewalk), unfortunately he’s no longer the champ he once was due to the rise of immune/double-immune champs and nodes. Without access to neurotoxin both his damage output and his utility are very limited, and sadly the number of AA-friendly matchups are dwindling with each passing update.

Namor on the other hand can cover far more matchups than AA, absorbing and reflecting all forms of damage while attacking at a high sig. His huge damage output and damage reflection utility are both unimpeded by immunities, and his only ‘bad’ matchups are against robots (and even then he can still reach his full potential, it just takes a little longer for his damage ramp up).

Overall, I agree that AA can take down enemies much quicker when they are susceptible to both bleed and poison. However I have to argue that Namor is a much better choice when it comes to immune champs, direct damage nodes (i.e., rock hard thorns, limbo, caltrops, biohazard, freezerburn), and running suicides.
  • HedronHedron Posts: 359
    Go for ranking AA. Even unduped he's very good
  • ShrimkinsShrimkins Posts: 1,479 ★★★★
    I would awaken AA. He's still great for many champs. Of course if anyone is immune to either bleed or poison then he is useless, but for any situation where they aren't immune, he's a rock star.

Just put enough sig stones in him so his AAR is about 33% per neurotoxin so 3 neuros = 100% AAR.
  • Monty_E_1Monty_E_1 Posts: 18
    Agree that AA deserves to be ranked to R4 regardless of whether he's awakened. Personally, I would hold the AG for Namor or Omega Red, both of whom really need it to be top-tier champs. And just so you know I believe what I'm typing, I personally have a 5* Mutant AG, while my unawakened Archangel has been sitting at R4 for awhile now. Very useful champ against non-bleed and poison immunes, especially absent stun-immune or limber nodes. But yeah, he really depends on those bleeds (and Deep Wounds) and poisons, so he isn't really a universal solution to content. Some top tier champs are a lot closer to that, including the 2 Mutants I mentioned above, and this game rewards patience. So I'd rank AA, but I'd hold the AG. Just my opinion.
  • gforcefangforcefan Posts: 381 ★★★
    Awaken AA. I used a mutant Gem on him a year ago. Just pulled Namor and then was lucky enough to dupe him a week later. During that week, I had not regrets about not saving the gem. Because in the year that passed, I cleared SO much content with AA's aar. The more content you clear, the more gems you'll get.