**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Heal prevention

Question , Corvus is immune to bleed and shock long as he has his glaive active with at least one charge... since this week aq has started there have been funny interactions with this node.. I was taking path c in map 5 alliance quest.. I chose to bring Corvus , because hey he’s bleed immune. So if if I’m bleeding I won’t heal but I won’t take any damage and that’s not the case I died within minutes of fight void and he never even touched me can you guys explain this ?

Comments

• Options
    muddy17muddy17 Posts: 227

• Options
    I cannot load up video but i bled out ... no the presence of void wasn’t even active yet .. so there was no damage done by that
  • Options
    BabycornBabycorn Posts: 18
    Actually I’ve noticed this too - my Corvus was bleeding throughout that exact same path
  • Options
    ChampioncriticChampioncritic Posts: 3,347 ★★★★
    edited October 2019
    erm, did you guys forget that void still passively does damage over time to you for every debuff on you???. The damage was NOT from bleed, but from void's abilities lol.
  • Options
    TerraTerra Posts: 8,004 ★★★★★
    With any debuff on you, Void makes you take damage. It acts as one of Void debuffs (the bleed debuff in this case) it's in Voids abillities. Read that
  • Options

erm, did you guys forget that void still passively does damage over time to you for every debuff on you???. The damage was NOT from bleed, but from void's abilities lol.

To be more specific, every unique debuff type on you.
  • Options
    The debuff wasn’t even set yet I was bleed from the start of the fight so read the post
  • Options
    I take this path every aq NEVER have I taken damage from that node unless void had his debuff active just because the timer counts down doesn’t mean the damage starts.. as I said the bleeding start as soon as the fight did
  • Options
    muddy17 said:

The debuff wasn’t even set yet I was bleed from the start of the fight so read the post

Correct, the bleed debuff appeared on you at the start of the fight as per the node, so void's damage started then. The damage over time from void doesnt apply only to his intimidating debuffs, it applies to every debuff on you including bleed. Perhaps it is you who should read the abilities better ;)
  • Options
    What part your not understanding .. The bleed started as when the fight started soo ur point is moot once I figure out how upload this video
  • Options
    muddy17 said:

What part your not understanding .. The bleed started as when the fight started soo ur point is moot once I figure out how upload this video

I'm just answering your question based on the abilties listed. As per the node, corvus gained a bleed debuff at the start of the fight. Yes, corvus will not take damage from the bleed debuff itself BUT void's abilities let him inflict damage over time for each unique debuff type on you, which include bleed.
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    I’m pretty sure I was bleeding out against electro and gulk too
  • Options
    Babycorn said:

I’m pretty sure I was bleeding out against electro and gulk too

Well that i cannot explain, in that situation are you sure there was damage from bleed? Remember that corvus is not by definition bleed immune, so he can still get the bleed debuff, just that corvus as per his abilities will not take damage from the bleed debuff.
  • Options
    Will have to look the next time I do this path - maybe it was just void + debuff damage
  • Options
    As soon as the fight started Corvus was bleeding taking damage .. I’ve never had that issue before , he’s dead before that debuff even get set .. soo as I said before you not understanding. I’m well aware how Corvus and void works I fight that node 5 time a week for that past 2 years
  • Options
    muddy17 said:

As soon as the fight started Corvus was bleeding taking damage .. I’ve never had that issue before , he’s dead before that debuff even get set .. soo as I said before you not understanding. I’m well aware how Corvus and void works I fight that node 5 time a week for that past 2 years

Just to clarify, you do know that void's debuff damage is not ONLY his intimidating presense debuffs right?
  • Options
    Did you also take damage with electro and gulk?
  • Options
    LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★
    muddy17 said:

How do you know the damage he was taking was bleed and not void? Voids damage does not appear as a debuff or anything....

Also electros static charge is the same way, and are you sure you are talking about gulk and not rulk? who can also do red damage based on heat charge. The more you speak on the issue the less you make sense.
  • Options
    I’ve got to admit, I forgot that the bleed node will result in damage from void regardless. I didn’t die but was left with 1HP which is correct and not a bug.

From the earlier fights on the same line (gladiator hulk and electro) I could have sworn that I had lost health from the bleed rather than getting hit or electro’s static charge, but I would probably need to replay the line another day to see whether there is a bug or not
  • Options
    Because as I have said MANY TIMES the bleed damage STARTED WHEN THE FIGHT STARTED NOT AFTER THE DEBUFF WAS PLACED ITS A BUG SIMPLE AS THAT
  • Options
    @Babycorn long as the glaive is active Corvus will not take bleed damage ..... simple as that
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    muddy17 said:

Because as I have said MANY TIMES the bleed damage STARTED WHEN THE FIGHT STARTED NOT AFTER THE DEBUFF WAS PLACED ITS A BUG SIMPLE AS THAT

https://playcontestofchampions.com/champion-spotlight-void/

"When Opponents Suffer from a Debuff

For each unique Debuff type, the opponent takes 109.2% of Void’s current Attack Rating as Direct Damage per second."

From void spotlight. THIS is what most likely caused damage to your corvus at the start of the fight.
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    Will power will not activate but you shouldn’t take any bleed Damage
  • Options
    muddy17 said:

The debuff is placed at the start of the fight....You started with a bleed, therefore you will IMMEDIATELY start taking damage from void SIMPLE AS THAT.
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    Soo ur saying void overrides Corvus glaive ? I need a mod to confirm that ... as I said I’ve taken this path for two years and never have Corvus bleed out on that node even this week with this heal prevention garbage , but whatever done with this
  • Options
    muddy17 said:

That’s the way Void is supposed to work.

Void inflicts damage with each debuff on the champ - so they’ll take damage regardless of whether void inflicted the debuff or not.

Try to duel/play arena with somebody with suicides and compare the damage with and without void

• Options
    muddy17 said:

Soo ur saying void overrides Corvus glaive ? I need a mod to confirm that ... as I said I’ve taken this path for two years and never have Corvus bleed out on that node even this week with this heal prevention garbage , but whatever done with this

Bro, bleed damage and void's debuff damage are 2 different sources of damage, they are just represented using the same damage color in the game, thats why you thought corvus was bleeding.
  • Options
    muddy17 said:

Soo ur saying void overrides Corvus glaive ?

Yes.

I think to put it precisely the damage isn’t caused by the bleed itself, but by the presence of a debuff which I guess is a different mechanic
  • Options
    muddy17 said:

Soo ur saying void overrides Corvus glaive ? I need a mod to confirm that ... as I said I’ve taken this path for two years and never have Corvus bleed out on that node even this week with this heal prevention garbage , but whatever do with this

Void does not override corvus glaive, you just dont know how void works. Voids debuffs themselves do not do any damage, voids presence of the void does damage for every debuff on you, this damage is not based on the type of debuff. If you start the fight with ANY debuffs you will start out taking damage from voids aura IMMEDIATELY. This is why you dont fight a void with suicides, you will die very quickly.

• Options
    Babycorn said:

muddy17 said:

Soo ur saying void overrides Corvus glaive ?

Yes.

I think to put it precisely the damage isn’t caused by the bleed itself, but by the presence of a debuff which I guess is a different mechanic
    Dont say yes, that is not techically8 correct, as he will not take "bleed" damage, it is just direct damage.