**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

[iOS] Lag, Crashing and Performance Investigation

Comments

• Options
    FabiusBRFabiusBR Posts: 286 ★★★
    Getting ridiculous. I started the game, jumped straight into an EQ Chapter 2 quest. The game crashed when I was only half way through the quest. Can’t even get a routine quest in.

This game is pitiful. Nothing works right and the bugs that hurt players are ignored, as are our complaints. Customer service is the worst. But they have no problem rolling out a new offer every day to entice us to spend money.

Not gonna happen.
  • Options
    Kuzuri_1832Kuzuri_1832 Posts: 203
    My wife plays MCOC also we are in the same alliance, she plays about as much as I do. My game crashes frequently over the past two months. However, hers has never once crashed. We are both running the same version of the game, v29.0.0. We both run on iPad's.
    Mine is iPad 6th gen, version 14.1.
    Hers is the iPad mini 5th gen, version 14.0.1.
    I hope this helps you in troubleshooting and ultimately resolving this long standing, widespread issue that the community is facing.
    @Kabam Miike @Kabam Zibiit @Kabam Vydious @Kabam Porthos @Kabam Lyra
  • Options
    MikeyBMikeyB Posts: 10
    Previous phone Xs max. New phone 12 pro max. I’m having 2 issues that continue to occur. First is that champ dashes forward or back when I am either blocking or trying to charge a heavy. Or I try to charge a heavy and it doesn’t register at all and the champ just stands there waiting to get hit.
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    MikeyB said:

Previous phone Xs max. New phone 12 pro max. I’m having 2 issues that continue to occur. First is that champ dashes forward or back when I am either blocking or trying to charge a heavy. Or I try to charge a heavy and it doesn’t register at all and the champ just stands there waiting to get hit.

Issues did not occur on Xs max but happen immediately after upgrading to new phone. Same iOS 14.1 same MCOC version 29.0.0. I thought it was because I was touching the screen inadvertently. I had that problem initially with the Xs max. I put on a big bulky case to avoid the screen and it still happens at least one out of 3 fights.

• Options
    In-Game Name: deadpoetic45
    Device and Model: iPhone 11 Pro
    Device Operating System: IOS 14.2
    Cellular or WiFi: WiFi
    Game Version Installed: 29.0.0
    Description of the Issue: Game crashes during arena and quests. Game will also either freeze our flat out quit during fights in arena. I've had to go back in after a freeze/crash only to do the same fight all over again. When the game freezes during arena, I have to force quit the game to get it to respond correctly.
  • Options
    Ronnyman889Ronnyman889 Posts: 179
    iPad air 2
    iOS 14.2
    Game 29.0
    Started ACT 4.6 and after the selection of champs and was confirming to start the fight, guess what.... game crashed ... again.
  • Options
    _Beorn__Beorn_ Posts: 2
    First off: Why would I spend money on the BETA-VERSION of a mobile game on cyber weekend?!?!?!

In-game name: BEORN
    Device: iPad Air2 (2014)
    Software: iOS 14.0.1
    Game version installed: 29.00.0

Issue: Ever since the TWO last updates the game crashes randomly and force closes the app. Happens in every game mode. Very, very often though in the arena. Sometimes TWICE within TWO MINUTES. Also there are very annoying and COSTLY input issues like missed parries and evades. And the LAGGING is literally killing me. Of course I did the uninstall-reinstall nonsense.
    Frequency: At least 4-10 times every hour of play.

WHY DOES IT TAKE SO LONG TO FIX AN ISSUES THAT IS MAKING MANY PLAYERS WANT TO QUIT THE GAME?!
    ALSO: THIS HAS BEEN GOING ON FOR SIX(6) OR MORE WEEKS - AND NO COMPENSATION?!
  • Options
    The_beast123The_beast123 Posts: 2,050 ★★★★
    In-game name: Warprince
    Device: Iphone 7
    Device operating system: IOS version: 13.5.1
    Cellular or Wifi: Wifi
    Game version installed: up to date [not sure what the version it is]
    Game mode: Any mode

DESCRIPTION OF THE ISSUE
    Game crashes while playing abruptly cancelling whatever mode you were playing. You only return to see everything refreshed. In case of quests like eq or sq, everything is gone and you have to restart. And if it is war or aq, your champs lose health while the opponent doesn't lose any.
  • Options
    Ronnyman889Ronnyman889 Posts: 179
    You got game details several times already.

And the crashing continues, got it right now in AQ map5. Thanks a lot kabam.
  • Options
    Kënpachi Żaraki

Galaxy 10+
    Rev1.0
    4g,wifi

I cqnt log in with my Google account it doesn't give me the option and I logged in with the kabam account and it restarted everything):
  • Options
    MikeyB said:

MikeyB said:

Issues did not occur on Xs max but happen immediately after upgrading to new phone. Same iOS 14.1 same MCOC version 29.0.0. I thought it was because I was touching the screen inadvertently. I had that problem initially with the Xs max. I put on a big bulky case to avoid the screen and it still happens at least one out of 3 fights.

Having the exact same issue on my new iPhone 12 pro max. Will be holding block and the champ dashes forward out of nowhere. previously had the 11 pro max and didn't have this issue.

In-game name: Skeetco730
    Device: Iphone 12 pro max
    Device operating system: IOS version: 14.2
    Cellular or Wifi: WiFi
    Game version installed: up to date
  • Options
    WillsinWillsin Posts: 9
    Wdj93
    Samsung s20
    Wifi&data
    Network connection multiple lost fights in war and aq extremely long wait to get into game severe lag game not registering dex or parry
  • Options
    DJ_SergyDJ_Sergy Posts: 40
    Skeetco said:

MikeyB said:

MikeyB said:

Having the exact same issue on my new iPhone 12 pro max. Will be holding block and the champ dashes forward out of nowhere. previously had the 11 pro max and didn't have this issue.

Device operating system: IOS 14.2
    Wifi and cellular
    Game version up to date
    Game mode: happens on all game modes, but specially hurtful in AW 😒

I’m having the exact controls sensitivity issues. Blocks sometimes registers as dash forward, dash back sometimes registers as dash forward, heavy sometimes registers as dash back or dash forward.

Glad to hear its not just me. Thought I would was going crazy. Hopefully it gets addressed soon. Apparently has something with the DPI of new phones and the resolution and it happened when XS was first released.

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/98554/iphone-xs-control-issues

Hopefully kabam comes out and say they are aware and looking into it so we can stop posting. There’s already plenty of posts about the issue but nothing from kabam officially acknowledging the issue.
  • Options
    DannyDanny Posts: 42
    Games a farce,crashing every day used to be when joining a battle now midway through arena battles or just before the final blow with the end result loss.
    Struggling now to think of reasons why to carry on playing it let alone spend money on it .
  • Options
    DJ_Sergy said:

Skeetco said:

MikeyB said:

MikeyB said:

Wifi and cellular
    Game version up to date

I’m having the exact controls sensitivity issues. Blocks sometimes registers as dash forward, dash back sometimes registers as dash forward, heavy sometimes registers as dash back or dash forward.

Glad to hear its not just me. Thought I would was going crazy. Hopefully it gets addressed soon. Apparently has something with the DPI of new phones and the resolution and it happened when XS was first released.

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/98554/iphone-xs-control-issues

Hopefully kabam comes out and say they are aware and looking into it so we can stop posting. There’s already plenty of posts about the issue but nothing from kabam officially acknowledging the issue.
    DJ_Sergy said:

Skeetco said:

MikeyB said:

MikeyB said:

Wifi and cellular
    Game version up to date

Kabam? Can you at least acknowledge that this is an issue?
  • Options
    WzzrddWzzrdd Posts: 84
    iPhone 7 iOS 14
    Game crashes after about 4-5 arena matches, game freezes when requesting help
    AW game closes and loose half health, restarting game after crash in arena makes a network error and loose fight
  • Options
    Sakic19Sakic19 Posts: 98
    Well well well Kascam! Your game is STILL broke and you have nothing to say about it? Why? How many people have to quit before you fix it instead of rolling out new content and over priced offers?? The game freezes constantly, block DOES NOT WORK 90% of the time and mastery abilities seem to no longer have any effect on the game, unless it is the AI controlled champs! Is this all on purpose to try and force users to spend money on this dying game? Yes, I said dying because unless you fix these issues that most of us are having, you won’t have enough suckers playing this game to keep your company in business. I don’t think we are asking much when we ask you to FIX THE GAME!!
  • Options
    Zim1960Zim1960 Posts: 30
    Zim1960 said:

In-Game Name: Zim1960
    Device and Model: iPad Air 2
    Device Operating System: iOS 13.7
    Cellular or WiFi: WiFi
    Game Version Installed: 28.2.2
    Game Mode: In which game mode did the error occur? Event Quest, Arena, AW, AQ
    Description of the Issue: Game crashes often when initiating a fight. It has crashed after the fight has begun in Arena and Story quest. It has been ongoing since the new October release.

This is my second post. Still having same issue. Game freezes or crashes on average of every 20 minutes. Just now, I finished a lane in Heroic Hulk Quest. Game would not record win. So, I recited out of the quest. Restarted the game. Redid the path. Same result. I intended to post video of the end screen after both fights, but apparently that is not possible. I have video, if you care enough to look at it. I don’t need compensation. I just need the game fixed. This is extremely frustrating.
  • Options
    JaballyJabally Posts: 61
    I used to believe you couldn't predict the future... but with all of these issues and game crashes, I think we are all certainly able to see the lost profit on cyber weekend
  • Options
    In-game Name: victorylion01
    Device and model:samsung galaxy a10
    Device operating system: latest
    Game version installed:v.29
    Celluar or wifi: both
    Game mode:all modes
    Description of the issue: when i am in the middle of a fight the screen randomly freezes and pauses during each fight which delays me time to attack my opponents in-game i am also expeirencing an issue where once i have completed a fight connection issues come up and when i recconect the game forces me to restart the fight again.
    Please try to solve this issue!
    Sincerely,
    victorylion01
  • Options
    X0102X0102 Posts: 2
    it's useless to post to report the same issues again and again, nothing happens, as other mentioned this game is trash(since 1-2 months) and barely playable. shame on you dev team
  • Options
    ThecurlerThecurler Posts: 840 ★★★★
    Is it possible for any mods to confirm if the widely reported sensitivity/ input issues with the latest iPhone 12 /12 pro are being investigated and if/when we can expect a fix?