**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

AW Input Control Error

Frequently during AW, when holding block, my champion decides to dash forward and attack. This has been occurring for months now, but sporadically. I just fought a defender and it happened twice in a row against their Special Attack, thus removing a significant portion of health.

My wifi signal is excellent. My phone is cool to the touch, battery nearly full, and the screen is clean. I pressed down to block and my thumb remained completely motionless. Next thing I know, I'm dashing forward out of nowhere and this glitch/bug has and is killing me.

I'm posting this to find out who else is experiencing the same issue. I strongly believe I'm not the only one.

Comments

• Options
    SiriusBreakSiriusBreak Posts: 2,156 Guardian
    edited November 2019
    @Memphistophiles yeah... this has been ongoing at random for a LONG time now. I'm afraid to say this as it's likely to jinx me, but I haven't had it happen recently. Seems to happen in spurts though. 3 classic incorrect input outcomes are this one (the random block drop leading to a headlong dash into an oncoming attack). The random heavy thrown while tapping for a light attack. Or goto a dex an attack only to dash forward (without a reversed controls factor i.e. Emma or Confusion node).

All of these happen at random, and have been ongoing for longer than I can remember at this point. There's also the post update parry timing shift that doesn't always occur, but happens more often than not. Straight block drops. Special misfires (which were QUITE prevalent last update for me). I run a newer device (Samsung S9+) and it typically works without issue. However, the aforementioned input issues are not isolated to any device, or OS for that matter. Android and iOS players alike in my Alliance all report these things from time to time. I wish I knew why they occur, lol.

EDIT - One additional factor, this has never been isolated to AW in my experience. Just the most FRUSTRATING when it occurs there as HPs n revives are costly, and if it happens too frequently in a single fight, that could end up costing you an Attack Bonus as well.
  • Options
    16wegnerk16wegnerk Posts: 210 ★★
    I had a similar though slightly different issue. In AW just after throwing my SP3 i held block and the input never registered or something because my SL decided to walk up and take a combo to the face. Against a miniboss, where he immediately died. Don’t think it was a dash attack or anything, just a total lack of registering inputs
  • Options
    @16wegnerk oh yeah, I've heard of that one too. Never actually had it happen though (thankfully). It's another in a series of ongoing control issues. Hard to isolate such problems when they're intermittently occurring.
  • Options
    Hey guys, I'm sorry to hear you've experienced these issues. If you haven't already, please share the information requested in the dedicated lag and performance issues thread for either iOS or Android, depending on what kind of device you have. Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.