Scrap dungeons already

2»

Comments

• Speeds80Speeds80 Member Posts: 2,013 ★★★★
    I just added random matchup people who were good to my friends list, when I have 25 minutes to play I invite any of my friends who are online and usually get a taker, those guys are usually on a similar schedule to me so it works out, 5 rounds of room 7 pretty easy with a healing r5 5* so it’s not a big chore, the boost to their gold rewards has seen my gold shortage evaporate, sit on 4-5 mill these days , the 6* refresh time is a joke but they crystals are a good way to target certain champs, I have a pretty full 5* roster but I got 5* rulk and massacre from dungeon crystals which gives me a domino trinity for act 6 which has been really helpful
  • TheTalentsTheTalents Member Posts: 2,254 ★★★★★
    I just pulled Warlock from a dungeon crystal basic 5 star. Absolutely do not stop dungeons.
    It is super easy for some of us an easy access to more champs.
  • dononedonone Member Posts: 47

I just pulled Warlock from a dungeon crystal basic 5 star. Absolutely do not stop dungeons.
    It is super easy for some of us an easy access to more champs.

How long did it take?
  • PseudouberPseudouber Member Posts: 793 ★★★
    I Fricken love Dungeons. You get a free 5* every month and most dungeon crytals have such great drops. Best crystals in the game. I only with they refreshed monthly. If you dont like then then just dont do them lol. Lost of people want the 5* champs and are fun by the end of the month when you have done all the EQ you can do. Kabam please dont listen to this guy!
  • xNigxNig Member Posts: 7,329 ★★★★★
    edited January 2020
    On one hand people are complaining about the basic pool getting too big and hard to attain champs.

On another hand there are people complaining that the OPTIONAL game mode that narrows down the champs in the crystals is time consuming.

Geez. Truly, there’s no way to satisfy everyone.
  • Oesername123Oesername123 Member Posts: 253 ★★★
    edited January 2020
    Dungeons are great but a lot of it can be improved. Specifically with matching up with dungeon partners that are there just to troll, which happens quite a lot. The amount of times I've had dungeon partners leave after completing just one room is comical and makes me not want to even attempt to do them anymore.

The matchups should be based on specific algorithms that players who progress far are matched with players that are similar to them and vice versa with the trolls.

It's a great concept but clearly flawed. Hoping there can be improvements in the future.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Member Posts: 8,672 ★★★★★

Dungeons are great but a lot of it can be improved. Specifically with matching up with dungeon partners that are there just to troll, which happens quite a lot. The amount of times I've had dungeon partners leave after completing just one room is comical and makes me not want to even attempt to do them anymore.

The matchups should be based on specific algorithms that players who progress far are matched with players that are similar to them and vice versa with the trolls.

It's a great concept but clearly flawed. Hoping there can be improvements in the future.

I have found that d7 randoms are usually pretty good. Often can get 5 rooms in and almost always at least 3 or 4. I've run it again with some from random who were able to do 5. Usually go with an alliance mate though or someone from a dungeon Line room.
  • KalantakKalantak Member Posts: 1,300 ★★★★
    dungeons need "rebalance" no need to discard them, they can b fun with good partner even rando if goes well,if no its the worst content in game but i can say i have done most ,mised may b just once or twice when i was busy ,but i always did them, investing 30-45 mins,for minimum possible rewards is just perfect for time killing
    - dungeons need units total may b 600 if u do every dungeon for 2 weeks
    - health pots (only L4/L5)!!!
    - may b 1 attack, health ,arena boosts boosts based on RNg
    - Grand master , cavalier or PhC shards based on ur title (gives out total of 3 cavaliers for 2 weeks not that you r bound to get 5 or 6* but u may stand a chance to get something good after 15 days of grind)
    - gold is already good payout on dungeon no need to change.
    - and thats it good enough for many people to grind dungeons if the give these small trinkels to add on with dungeon 5*,6* crystals (yeh adding 6* dungeon crystal would b great may b have them priced 60k dungeon shards or something but locked for only cavaliers)
  • AzKicker316AzKicker316 Member Posts: 2,404 ★★★★★
    Dungeons is a love hate thing and it all depends on your partner! If you usually go with randoms, you'll likely be disappointed more often. If you have a stable partner, it makes dungeons quick and easy, imo.

As always, if you don't like something, don't do it rather than suggest to get rid of it!
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Member, Guardian Posts: 19,397 Guardian

Dungeons are great but a lot of it can be improved. Specifically with matching up with dungeon partners that are there just to troll, which happens quite a lot.

I had a thought about that the other day. Suppose that you didn't get any rewards for dungeons until you exited: you couldn't collect milestones or anything until the very end. And suppose you had a limited number of mulligans per day: say two. At the end of the dungeon you have a choice: accept the rewards and your champions go into cooldown, or surrender the rewards and you get nothing but your champions don't go into cooldown.

This could mitigate the problems with horrible match ups or players that for whatever reason disappear or disconnect and never return. If the entire run is a wash, the penalty for matching with a bad random would be much lower if you could forfeit the run and still try again with the same champions. It would still cost you some time, but I'm presuming that most horrible runs don't take a lot of time either as they usually go off the rails early.
  • PiviotPiviot Member Posts: 658 ★★★
    Do it with friends then maybe?

If not don’t complain

If you need a friend I’ll be your friend

I don’t like them either so I’ll only do a few if my friends ask me
  • AVIZERAVIZER Member Posts: 16
    I love dungeons.Not only have I made a couple friends in the mode, it's also fun medium to use and familiarize with Champs that I don't normally play.

It would be nice if you could buy shards (in addition to the whole crystals) with dungeon artifacts. This would allow you to form crystals using shards already owned, thus making the benefits feel less drawn out. This wouldn't affect the economy of the game; the resources would remain fixed.

Their could also be a fix to the random "match" option.

In the random "match" option, the players in which you match usually don't know how dungeons are played. They don't read nodes and/or communicate with their partner to eliminate specific debuffs. Additionally, sometimes they advance before their partner finishes a fight, and subsequently they get wrecked.

It would be nice if their were a location that contained (obvious) instructions (similar to those in Alliance gameplay).

Anyway, I've already found a few great dungeonmates, so I am no longer affected by bad matches, thus I enjoy my dungeon runs!!

#savethedungeons
  • WhathappenedWhathappened Member Posts: 747 ★★★
    I haven't done them since they came out. To reliant on someone else. More power to people who enjoy them but I wish I didn't hate them like the OP does. There would need to be some significant changes before I play them again. Not saying there needs to be changes but it's the only aspect of the game I don't play.
  • xNigxNig Member Posts: 7,329 ★★★★★
    Just find 4 regular buddies to D7 R5 + D1 R1 per cycle to maximize rewards.

Easy 15 mins every 3 days.
  • GraydroxGraydrox Member Posts: 413 ★★★
    edited January 2020
    Trying to come at this from Kabams pov. Maybe theirs is a type of mobile business strategy of money milking that opperates by pairing people and pressuring them in time sensitive situations. Possibly some psychological thing where 2 people don't want to be the one to let the other down therefore they put up the resources when it hits the fan.

I don't know how it works, I'm just guessing, but it's obvious that it's a failed part of the game. People aren't sticking around for dungeons!! It's just a worthwhile chore to even the most grindy bastards. I've been in several map 5 allies usually ranking low 2ks. Nobody does dungeons. Is it just a young beginner thing? Hoping the newbs like them? Do any of you folks spend money on dungeon potions/revives? I hope not for your sake.