**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Is Quake worth r5 if I can only play her Parry Style?

PolygonPolygon Posts: 3,835 ★★★★★
I’ve mastered her parry style (one shotted a 30k Nightcrawler on Rapid Metabolism 3) , but I struggle with her dex method.

She will be my first r5 if I do. I have t2a expiring and can alternatively take havok, VtD, or duped Cull Obsidian to r4.

Goal is to complete 6.1 (I have r4 Warlock for XB)

I know Quake cheeses alot of the 6.1 content, but how well would she be in late act 6 bearing in mind that I can only play her parry style.

Is Quake worth r5 if I can only play her Parry Style? 73 votes

Yes
75%
GamerBigMoSnizzbarWorld EaterErza_ScarletTendersquadTerraTeddersMonto_Carlos28BlackPhoenix44MityAntLvernon15DOKTOROKTOPUSM1k0rinRoOOtsDuke_SilverWorknprogressLiss_Bliss_CupidRepto23 55 votes
No
24%
Spity68ChovnerGrueneMicSvensktigerGlodeyBrokenBlubfish_666Logan00Grootman1294spaceoctopusTJ107StanceX_Factor_AgentNBSAIddomBonzodavidLawrencium72TrubluMate 18 votes

Comments

• Options
    TerraTerra Posts: 8,004 ★★★★★
    Yes
    Course she is. Heck, if she was introduced as a 6*, she'd be r4+ material.
    The style doesn't matter if you can use her correct. Parry hold is just a slightly safer way but still worth the r5.
  • Options
    Liss_Bliss_Liss_Bliss_ Posts: 1,779 ★★★★★
    Yes
    She has been my Nova killer this EQ. And she is 4/55
  • Options
    WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    Yes
    I'm mediocre at best using her full dex and still took her to R5
  • Options
    awesomesauceawesomesauce Posts: 774 ★★★
    Yes
    The 7 people that said no, I'd like to hear their reasoning?
  • Options
    Thanks for the replies, perhaps those that voted no are thinking that the first r5 should be one of the heavy hitters like corvus , ghost, domino, etc?
  • Options
    Blubfish_666Blubfish_666 Posts: 237
    No
    Take champions to r5 that you are comfortable with using their most optimal plastyle. The parry quake style is generally useful for fights where other champions would outshine quake anyway but using her balls to the walls (no stunning needed) method properly gives her that spot in the top champions in the game to cheese content with
  • Options
    Dominic518Dominic518 Posts: 67
    Yes
    Oczywiście że jest warta.
  • Options

She has been my Nova killer this EQ. And she is 4/55

Nice! You play her parry style too? I know you r5ed your domino, maybe quake can be next lol

I have her as r5 and I only play quake and bake style... And I would instantly bring a 6* to r3 if available 👌

I'm mediocre at best using her full dex and still took her to R5

Thanks I’ll probably rank her up then

Take champions to r5 that you are comfortable with using their most optimal plastyle. The parry quake style is generally useful for fights where other champions would outshine quake anyway but using her balls to the walls (no stunning needed) method properly gives her that spot in the top champions in the game to cheese content with

While this may be true, she still has a plethora of uses even restricted to her parry style as mentioned from the summoners above
  • Options
    GrueneMicGrueneMic Posts: 40
    No
    If you have to ask, then the answer is no. Wait or take the other champ that you want to R5 up.
  • Options
    MoosetiptronicMoosetiptronic Posts: 2,108 ★★★★
    Yes
    I have the same dilemma. Just got enough t5b to rank 5 either unduped quake, unduped Hyperion or duped Morningstar. I don't use hyp much as my main quest team is duped 5/65 Omega, 4* ST, quake, 4* NF and a filler (normally 4* Medusa for any robots). Use Morningstar as my main AQ attacker...
    Quake kills things that Omega can't and is always in AW attack alongside 4* corvus and NF. For Dodge and to take any mystics or korgs.

She is epic. And I only really use quake and bake too. Can normally take 70k ish health enemies without too much health lost, unless they are stun immune. And they are never going to release her as a 6*...

I'm probably going to take her up over the other 2 as she can do what Omega can't when I go for cavalier without a 5* Medusa... But I know how it feels. She isn't Omega, corvus, Medusa, domino, aegon, Nick fury etc. She doesn't kill stuff in less than 20 combos with no real risk... There is always that fear of what if I mess up with her. Whereas the others are far more forgiving.

Will be intrigued to hear whether you do.