**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Alliance Wars Not Worth?

Darksun987Darksun987 Posts: 83
edited February 2020 in General Discussion
I'm in an alliance with mostly new players, people with ratings of around 100k. It seems to me that given how many champs get locked up and given most of us are blocked on catalysts not shards...am I wrong to think AW rewards just aren't worth it? Seasons are long and while the shards are nice they really hamper our ability to run map 3 and up so we wind up running map 2 which sucks.

Am I missing something? I don't understand what purpose is served by locking in 8 champions. Seems to just really hurt new players for no real reason. Maybe lock in should only happen at plat and above?

Comments

• Disgruntled_User_123Disgruntled_User_123 Posts: 1,077 ★★★
    AW is definitely worth it but it requires an active alliance that is focused on ranking up champions for the good of the alliance so that you can consistently progress.
  • OctoberstackOctoberstack Posts: 872 ★★★★
    Currently I’d say it’s worth it for higher rank rewards (think G1+), but imo it’s not worth sinking tons of resources into, especially when you can grind plenty of shards weekly from the featured 5* arena, alliance events, etc.

The time I spent in a Map 6 AQ-focused alliance was probably the time my roster experienced the most growth, as I could convert 5k+ glory each week into T2A and T5B, on top of the plentiful resources you can acquire from the milestone and rank rewards, and the Map 6/7 crystals.

tldr - I’d only start pushing in war once you’ve got a good weekly AQ rotation going

• Darksun987Darksun987 Posts: 83

AW is definitely worth it but it requires...

It seems to me like it's only worth it if you can do it while also running map 4 and 5. I'd be interested to see how you get around the catalyst issue because I have tons of 4 and 5 star champs that I can't level because of t4cc. On the catalyst side AW only pays out 3 t4b and 1/2 5 star crystal for silver 1 at the end of 30 days.
  • KillSwitchKillSwitch Posts: 282 ★★★
    AW sucks. Have zero desire to ever play it again.
  • JhovannaCoenJhovannaCoen Posts: 16
    DNA3000 said:

I'm in an alliance with mostly new players, people with ratings of around 100k. It seems to me that given how many champs get locked up and given most of us are blocked on catalysts not shards...am I wrong to think AW rewards just aren't worth it? Seasons are long and while the shards are nice they really hamper our ability to run map 3 and up so we wind up running map 2 which sucks.

Am I missing something? I don't understand what purpose is served by locking in 8 champions. Seems to just really hurt new players for no real reason. Maybe lock in should only happen at plat and above?

In my opinion wars are worth it under two different playing conditions. If your alliance is really good, if the players are really focused on war, and if they are willing to put the resources into it, and they can reach Platinum 1 or higher, its worth it. Alternatively, if your alliance is willing to play wars casually, focus on AQ and quests, and only throw into war what you can afford to not need elsewhere, and you don't spend on war, and your alliance is full of chill people who don't sweat winning and losing, then alliance war is basically free rewards.
    <3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3
  • GenylGenyl Posts: 59
    i agree with previous post . you should always play war but you dont have to play to win. you van reserve your best 3 champs for AQ.

Usually AQ will be more rewarding than AW for the average roster. But in some cases where you need crystals over catalysts , war is better.

If you feel stressed playing it , slow down and play in a more relaxed way. Imo AW is the most fun in the game together good static content like variants
  • NerdNerdNerd1NerdNerdNerd1 Posts: 379 ★★★
    if you can run war without having to sacrifice performance in AQ it is def worth it. AQ should get top priority though