**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

How long do you grind arena daily?

Tiger360Tiger360 Posts: 1,696 ★★★★
So 2 days ago I finally gave in and started grinding arena for a couple of hours a day and it’s not bad, in fact I’m finding it fun and addicting plus I’m getting units which before I’d only get by logging in (like 100 monthly) or from doing quests. I’ve set myself a goal of at least 25k battle chips a day and so far I’ve done roughly 33k battle chips a day since I started. I’m going to save until like 500k or so and then do a massive opening. How many hours a day do you grind arena? And please specify if you leave decide to leave a comment, thanks :)

How long do you grind arena daily? 156 votes

0 hours a day
25%
MegaSkater67bhuv9191Jim0172OrcDovahkiinNojokejaymPantherAPBaseballguy711Osfan8Sw0rdMasterMicklownickCaramesWerewrymWicket329JtarunGamesbond90Manar198xAleorDenzel116DjinLSDin 40 votes
Under an hour
22%
Whododo872DrZolaKDoggg2017DuMonUNuclekerrLibralonixREACTIONDOKTOROKTOPUSHendrossHammerbro_64Duke_SilverThecrusher_9756Lucky7LucianoPeterQuillHalleycx23433redsoxpatsfan89B_Dizzle_01spaceoctopusVoltolos 35 votes
1-2 Hours
21%
Timone147TendersquadR_D_JrTerraMets17SpicyslicerLilMaddogHTPanchulon21DarthPhalGustavo20Colonaut123Jedi_HawkeRaiserAldacTehsigzorzTankRichardsonLpirnie5321LoctiteSuperGlueDrBrad2008BigKidScotty 33 votes
2-3 hours
15%
DNA3000ChadhoganMagicBentonYusrizalKattohSForumName123PrathapChampioncriticPaulo_PkBowTieJohnRockypantherxlukakaBugmat78EtjamaDead1KingOfKings1Tiger360PeaRatnatewagz419TimeGenesis 24 votes
3-4 hours
3%
FrostyLvernon15kikiFurieuxPanbohDominic518 5 votes
4 hours plus
12%
AzKicker316payebudujdrum663Midknight007SpiderCoolsSinedd92XigrobrandinhoBillGrossMoeyTehrDonrefreJester123nOuxRebarkMassapeal工藤峰_Das_giWHO_DAT_SAINTS24Vendemiaire 19 votes

Comments

• Options
    Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    3-4 hours
    It varies, I hit every milestone in every arena round 1, so the first 2 days there are 3+, 3rd day is about 2, then for round 2 I don’t go that hard so only do about an hour a day
  • Options
    2-3 hours
    Lvernon15 said:

It varies, I hit every milestone in every arena round 1, so the first 2 days there are 3+, 3rd day is about 2, then for round 2 I don’t go that hard so only do about an hour a day

Wow thank You, I would hit every milestone if I had enough of a roster. I need to focus on bringing more 4 stars to rank 5 and max out some 3 stars to make the 3 star arena easier for me.
  • Options
    2-3 hours
    Most of the time, about two-ish hours a day. I usually cycle my 6* champs in the 5* featured in the morning, maybe 20 minutes. I cycle them again twelve hours later in the evening. And I do an hour or two, depending on how much free time I have, here and there in the evening. Saturdays sometimes I do a little, and sometimes a lot, depending on how my day is going.

I used to do a lot more, but I've scaled back a bit because I'm busier in general. And sometimes when I have a day off and no errands or projects to do I might do a ton of grinding, as in five or six hours or more. But these days that's a once in a couple months thing.

My primary goal is to hit the 1-10% rank reward in the 5* featured, which just recently moved slightly higher than 15 million so I'm now doing 16 million to be safe (I was putting in 15 million for the past several months). Then I try to go for the milestones in the 4* featured, and if I still have time I go for the milestones in the 4* basic. If I'm on vacation and have nothing to do, I would eventually go for the 3* milestones.

I used to do the Sunday ones, but these days only when I'm really bored.

The best practice is to do as much as you can, but if you're getting bored or frustrated just take a break. You don't want to push yourself to the point of hating the arena, you should think of it as free rewards and extra practice that you can take or leave at will. It is a buffet, and there's a lot of stuff there - BC, units, etc - but that doesn't mean you have to gorge yourself until you're sick. Take what you can, leave the rest behind, have no regrets.
  • Options
    2-3 hours
    DNA3000 said:

Most of the time, about two-ish hours a day. I usually cycle my 6* champs in the 5* featured in the morning, maybe 20 minutes. I cycle them again twelve hours later in the evening. And I do an hour or two, depending on how much free time I have, here and there in the evening. Saturdays sometimes I do a little, and sometimes a lot, depending on how my day is going.

I used to do a lot more, but I've scaled back a bit because I'm busier in general. And sometimes when I have a day off and no errands or projects to do I might do a ton of grinding, as in five or six hours or more. But these days that's a once in a couple months thing.

My primary goal is to hit the 1-10% rank reward in the 5* featured, which just recently moved slightly higher than 15 million so I'm now doing 16 million to be safe (I was putting in 15 million for the past several months). Then I try to go for the milestones in the 4* featured, and if I still have time I go for the milestones in the 4* basic. If I'm on vacation and have nothing to do, I would eventually go for the 3* milestones.

The best practice is to do as much as you can, but if you're getting bored or frustrated just take a break. You don't want to push yourself to the point of hating the arena, you should think of it as free rewards and extra practice that you can take or leave at will. It is a buffet, and there's a lot of stuff there - BC, units, etc - but that doesn't mean you have to gorge yourself until you're sick. Take what you can, leave the rest behind, have no regrets.

Thank you for the advice. I’ve noticed as of recent I get burned out of activities much slower. Last year, I’d try arena and do maybe 2 milestones before getting bored and now I’m addicted and once I start I can’t stop until I use up all my champions, which is good for me as I was progressing mega slow before and special events was really the only time when I could get shards in bulk, and his will allow me to progress in the story faster.
  • Options
    2-3 hours
    Tiger360 said:

DNA3000 said:

Thank you for the advice. I’ve noticed as of recent I get burned out of activities much slower. Last year, I’d try arena and do maybe 2 milestones before getting bored and now I’m addicted and once I start I can’t stop until I use up all my champions, which is good for me as I was progressing mega slow before and special events was really the only time when I could get shards in bulk, and his will allow me to progress in the story faster.
    As long as you're fine with it, grind as much arena as you can. It is the best solo-source of repeatable rewards in the game. If you've never done the math or seen someone else do it, there's like 4000 units a month on the table in the arena, which I think people tend to underestimate since it is spread out over many smaller awards.

135 units in the 5* featured milestones, the 4* featured, and the 4* basic arenas. 65 in the 3* featured and 2* arena. That's 135 x 3 + 65 x 2 = 535 units. That's in a three day event window. You can do that twice a week, times four weeks, which is 535 x 2 x 4 = 4280. Depending on your roster that could take you 300-500 rounds to do, which could be four to six hours a day of grinding. Not something most people would want to do or could reasonably do, but it also means however much effort you want to put into it, the reward you can get are essentially unlimited, or rather limited only by the effort you want to put it.

Notice this doesn't count the units you get from battlechips. Someone doing this much arena could easily be getting 6k or 7k units a month. Again: not suggesting anyone do this, just that what's on the table is big, and even a fraction of it is pretty good.
  • Options
    Crazy_JamieCrazy_Jamie Posts: 345 ★★
    Under an hour
    I hit 3 million in the 5* featured arena to get 500 5* shards, and that’s normally it. Fortunately I have a deep enough roster with enough 6* champs that it doesn’t take very long at all, so certainly under an hour a day. It’s basically hitting the 20 combo in the first day of a new arena to get to 2 million or so, and then spending maybe 10 minutes over the next day to run through with my 6*s again a couple of times to comfortably get it up to 3 million.

When I was younger I’d have no problem spending hours a day playing games, including to grind (that Gold Chocobo in Final Fantasy VII wasn’t going to breed itself), but now that I’m all grown up I just don’t have the time.
  • Options
    TehsigzorzTehsigzorz Posts: 1,233 ★★★★
    1-2 Hours
    It varies quite a lot. If I am busy then 30 mins or none at all. If I am extremely free then sometimes 6 hours while watching tv shows or movies. On an average day I would say I grind 1 or 2 rounds of arena per day which is around 1 to 2 hours
  • Options
    TerraTerra Posts: 8,007 ★★★★★
    1-2 Hours
    Aint nobody got time for extensive arena grinding and actually having a active social life
  • Options
    AzKicker316AzKicker316 Posts: 2,267 ★★★★★
    4 hours plus
    4+ hours spread throughout the day.

Featured 5: early morning, lunch, evening. I hit 12M by the second day, then i just use my 6* after that to hit 16M. That leaves time to switch my 5*s to the featured 4* arena. I only need 2 runs to hit 4M for ask the milestones. Basic 4* arena is just done throughout the 3 days when I feel like it, only use my maxed 4*s so not much time spent. Goal is roughly 3k units each month.

I also hoard battlechips and only use when necessary, like when I needed extra units to get vision and dupe last year and then switching to suicides this past December. I try to keep my chips at 5M.
  • Options
    Duke_SilverDuke_Silver Posts: 2,421 ★★★★
    Under an hour
    If at all
  • Options
    PantherAPPantherAP Posts: 57
    0 hours a day
    I stopped grinding arena over a year ago. All I could do there was get the 3 star champs but my 4 & 5 star rosters are not deep enough to make a dent in the points required. At best, I can do two milestones in a day in the 5 star arena, so I don't even bother anymore. Personally, I don't like this system of getting new champs, especially since it's based on a leaderboard system where you're competing with a bunch of end-game players. I just don't have the time for it and, IMO, it's kinda annoying to wait for several weeks before hoping that the "RNG" gives me a new champ.

Oh well, sometimes I'll grind the first three milestones for the gold but that's it.
  • Options
    2-3 hours
    PantherAP said:

I stopped grinding arena over a year ago. All I could do there was get the 3 star champs but my 4 & 5 star rosters are not deep enough to make a dent in the points required. At best, I can do two milestones in a day in the 5 star arena, so I don't even bother anymore. Personally, I don't like this system of getting new champs, especially since it's based on a leaderboard system where you're competing with a bunch of end-game players. I just don't have the time for it and, IMO, it's kinda annoying to wait for several weeks before hoping that the "RNG" gives me a new champ.

Oh well, sometimes I'll grind the first three milestones for the gold but that's it.

Yeah, I used to be a super casual player and just log in for summoning, so naturally my roster had some great champions such as 5* Ghost which could carry me through ordinary content but I never really had the roster to get fully invested into arena. My roster is still pretty small, but it’s still enough to get me like 2 milestones deep or more depending on the arena. I just use up all my champions, then wait until they are refreshed, and do it again. Roughly adds up to 2 and a bit hours maybe.
  • Options
    2-3 hours
    DNA3000 said:

Tiger360 said:

DNA3000 said:

As long as you're fine with it, grind as much arena as you can. It is the best solo-source of repeatable rewards in the game. If you've never done the math or seen someone else do it, there's like 4000 units a month on the table in the arena, which I think people tend to underestimate since it is spread out over many smaller awards.

135 units in the 5* featured milestones, the 4* featured, and the 4* basic arenas. 65 in the 3* featured and 2* arena. That's 135 x 3 + 65 x 2 = 535 units. That's in a three day event window. You can do that twice a week, times four weeks, which is 535 x 2 x 4 = 4280. Depending on your roster that could take you 300-500 rounds to do, which could be four to six hours a day of grinding. Not something most people would want to do or could reasonably do, but it also means however much effort you want to put into it, the reward you can get are essentially unlimited, or rather limited only by the effort you want to put it.

Notice this doesn't count the units you get from battlechips. Someone doing this much arena could easily be getting 6k or 7k units a month. Again: not suggesting anyone do this, just that what's on the table is big, and even a fraction of it is pretty good.
    Wow that’s awesome thank you, but my roster is no where near big enough to hit all the milestones in everything haha. Truth be told I don’t even have a 6 star yet, but I guess that’s because I actually got fully invested into this game around October time or so when I pushed for uncollected, then it kind of slowed down and it was just 100% master every month and that’s really it. The January event made me grind a lot for that 5* AG, as I couldn’t do epic do I had to 100% every monthly EQ minus the last chapter of uncollected, do a lot of arena for the extra acorns and do the master side event 100% everyday. I got the shaft and got my second 5* mystic but it still made me want to play the game more lol
  • Options
    DuMonUDuMonU Posts: 54
    Under an hour
    I have tried a few different angles on arena and have settled on the following
    I do 3,000,000 in the 5* featured arena.This gets me 500 5* shards and 45 units. On average it's 23 fights.
    I do full 4* featured 4,000,000. This usually gets me 200 5* shards and 135 units. On average it's 54 fights.
    That's 360 units weekly for not a lot of time.

If I have some free time and not burned out I'll putter away at the 4* basic Around 20 fights can net me another 75 units.
  • Options
    HalleyHalley Posts: 386 ★★
    Under an hour
    I always open 400k battlechips and get 800 units to prepare for next monthly events.
  • Options
    2-3 hours
    DuMonU said:

I do 3,000,000 in the 5* featured arena.This gets me 500 5* shards and 45 units. On average it's 23 fights.
    I do full 4* featured 4,000,000. This usually gets me 200 5* shards and 135 units. On average it's 54 fights.

If I have some free time and not burned out I'll putter away at the 4* basic Around 20 fights can net me another 75 units.

That many points is under an hour? Unless you mean spread out daily right
    Halley said:

I always open 400k battlechips and get 800 units to prepare for next monthly events.

That's awesome, I'll save 500k and go for like 1k units
  • Options
    Bugmat78Bugmat78 Posts: 2,141 ★★★★★
    2-3 hours
    I've only really started grinding since I put on suicides (past 5 months) - makes it much quicker/less boring. I try to do 3-7m in the 5* featured and at least rank rewards in the 4* basic and 3* featured. Don't really have time to hit all milestones so I'd say 2 hours a day minimum, some days up to 3 (if I'm going for someone).
  • Options
    Dominic518Dominic518 Posts: 67
    3-4 hours
    I collect 20k battle tokens a day and open 10 Arena Cristal which gives me about 50k gold
  • Options
    ẞlооdẞlооd Posts: 2,005 ★★★★
    0 hours a day
    Just hard to find the time on top of work, errands, hanging out, other questing, and other gaming. It takes a fair amount of my free time out of the day that I like for other things.
  • Options
    DuMonUDuMonU Posts: 54
    Under an hour
    Yes that's spread out over the 3 day arena. Averages less than an hour a day.
    Tiger360 said:

DuMonU said:

That many points is under an hour? Unless you mean spread out daily right
    Halley said:

That's awesome, I'll save 500k and go for like 1k units
  • Options
    Panchulon21Panchulon21 Posts: 2,605 ★★★★★
    1-2 Hours
    Right around an hour. 30-35 mins in the morning and 30-35 at night.

I can hit around 9-10.5 million in 5 star and 2-3 million in 4 stat feature.
  • Options
    2-3 hours
    Is roughly 30K BC daily a good amount or should I shoot for more ?
  • Options
    Colonaut123Colonaut123 Posts: 3,091 ★★★★★
    1-2 Hours
    I only grind the 4* basic arena if there is a champion I want. Otherwise I wouldn't have time to do anything else.
  • Options
    DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,551 ★★★★★
    edited February 2020
    Under an hour
    I tend to run catalyst arenas as efficiently as possible—set up then run only R4/5 5*’s.

I almost never run regular arena unless I’m short of units or close to forming a 5/6* crystal.

I had a run of about a year and a half from late 2016-2018 when I ran all but 2-3 of the basic 4* arenas to get the basic champ. That was a very long time ago and I haven’t done anything remotely like that since then.

The reason: I don’t need 4*’s, and I can only hit around 15-18M in the featured 5* arena without refreshes or resorting to running R1/2 5*’s. For me, the 5* featured arena is simply grinding for scraps that eventually comprise a ~1/130 shot at any individual 5* champ.

Dr. Zola
  • Options
    KDoggg2017KDoggg2017 Posts: 1,210 ★★★★
    edited February 2020
    Under an hour
    Hard to say how much time I spend in arena bcuz I grind mindlessly while I am doing something else. For example, anytime I'm streaming Netflix/ Amazon/YTube, I'm doing arena (Picture in Picture).
    So I never have to "find time" for arena. It's casual and easy. For example, I was done with milestones in 3 current arenas with 20 hours left. So now I can chill. 🥶👍
  • Options
    LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    I do as much as I can make myself do which is sometimes none, sometimes I hit all time milestones in the 5* and a few in the others.
  • Options
    Foxhero007Foxhero007 Posts: 691 ★★★
    edited February 2020
    I don't waste a lot of time on the arena so I only do the 1st two milestone they not really worth time for measly rewards and a small chance for a champion.
  • Options
    HalleyHalley Posts: 386 ★★
    Under an hour
    Also depend on your roster. If u have high rank champs (rank 4 or 5 of 4* champs, for example), u can save much time.
    Rank 5 of 4* champ can get 10k points/fight (at x3 multiplies)