**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

What's your opinion on unblockable SPs?

2»

Comments

• Options
    CrcrcrcCrcrcrc Posts: 7,940 ★★★★★
    I don't mind them
    Unblockable sp3s are way too powerful
  • Options
    MaxGamingMaxGaming Posts: 3,204 ★★★★★
    I don't mind them
    they are good but if it is impossible to dex than I hate it
  • Options
    Toyota_2015Toyota_2015 Posts: 469 ★★★
    edited August 2020
    I dislike them, but I can stand them
    Kerneas said:

Best of luck, Dexing Heimdall's SP2.

My solution to it (when I have to face it) is KM and his indestructible. Not a dex, but still viable
    I use his Indestructible charges to ignore all damage from a SP3, since he only needs one charge to negate all the damage.
  • Options
    lowlevelplayerlowlevelplayer Posts: 4,292 ★★★★★
    I like them, they force you to learn to dex
    unblockable SP3s are OP. NERF!
  • Options
    Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★
    HI_guys said:

DNA3000 said:

Unblockable L3 ftw!

Level 9000 super secret game fact: SP3s are blockable, but only with well-timed block. However, no one has yet discovered how to execute a well-timed block during an SP3.
    @Notsavage19 had a thread about blocking sp3 with ghost. But I tried testing it in lol with aegon an maestro and couldn't confirm it. So I'm guessing the answer is that it breaks you're block. So good was pushed out of her phase
    Can you send the link?
  • Options
    BigBlueOxBigBlueOx Posts: 1,587 ★★★★★
    Other (please write below)
    I like them but at the same time it’s s not silly that all new characters have this mechanic while older ones don’t. Just makes things feel unbalanced away from established champs. Plus now there is the block the unblockable mechanic which is bizarre as well
  • Options
    QacobQacob Posts: 2,253 ★★★★★
    I don't mind them

HI_guys said:

DNA3000 said:

Unblockable L3 ftw!

Level 9000 super secret game fact: SP3s are blockable, but only with well-timed block. However, no one has yet discovered how to execute a well-timed block during an SP3.
    @Notsavage19 had a thread about blocking sp3 with ghost. But I tried testing it in lol with aegon an maestro and couldn't confirm it. So I'm guessing the answer is that it breaks you're block. So good was pushed out of her phase
    Can you send the link?
    https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/203053/question-about-sp3#latest

@Kill_Grey4112
  • Options
    TP33TP33 Posts: 1,595 ★★★★
    Spider-Gwen is all well and good BUT that’s only 1 champion in the whole game.

Sinister and Red Guardian can block them but it’s not the same. Take Dooms L2 for example, the block damage you’d take is stupid. (Doom probably wasn’t the best example seeing as you can dex it but the point remains about block damage)

Imo with all the champions getting unblockable specials we need more like Spider-Gwen who have a 100% chance at evading unblockable specials. (Also we going to ignore Mr Fantastic who can ALSO evade unblockable attacks with consistentcy)
  • Options
    Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★
    Qacob said:

HI_guys said:

DNA3000 said:

Unblockable L3 ftw!

Can you send the link?
    https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/203053/question-about-sp3#latest

@Kill_Grey4112
    Thanks
  • Options
    king_ov_scrubsking_ov_scrubs Posts: 396 ★★★
    I don't mind them

you don’t have to dex Heimdalls sp2. it’s only the first slash of his sword that’s unblockable. you can block the wave after.
  • Options
    Summoner006Summoner006 Posts: 28
    Other (please write below)
    1. I like them, cause they do force you to learn to dex.
    2. But there are those special attack that you physically can't dex. Like punisher's sp1.
  • Options
    ChikelChikel Posts: 2,059 ★★★★

It’s not horrible but certain specials are just stupid to be fully unblockable.

Fury special 1 (I’ve dexed it a few times but requires so much timing), doom special 2, war machine special 1, both punisher special 2. Darkhawk soecial 1.

Other than that it isn’t bad learning specials. Took me a while to learn cyclops, yellow jacket and kingpin (special 2). Now they’re easy

You forgot Heimdall's undexable sp2
  • Options
    king_ov_scrubsking_ov_scrubs Posts: 396 ★★★
    I don't mind them
    Arsoz said:

you don’t have to dex Heimdalls sp2. it’s only the first slash of his sword that’s unblockable. you can block the wave after.
    Really every time i try to it doesnt work
    i’ve done it in AQ map 6 with cap iw