**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Latest update and champion rank up

Is it just me or has the latest update made it much harder to tell which champions are able to be ranked up. The filled arrow and the nearly filled is hard to tell by look alone. Is there some other tell that I am missing?

Comments

• Options
    Bugmat78Bugmat78 Posts: 2,138 ★★★★★
    Agreed - it should change colour or glow when it's full.. or something. A few times I checked during the past level up to realise I was still missing 1-2 catalysts. It's a nice graphic but when it's close to the top impossible to tell.
  • Options
    ljballer22ljballer22 Posts: 151
    Bugmat78 said:

Agreed - it should change colour or glow when it's full.. or something. A few times I checked during the past level up to realise I was still missing 1-2 catalysts. It's a nice graphic but when it's close to the top impossible to tell.

It does glow when you have all the resources necessary to rank up. Notice Ghost and Hood versus Fury.

• Options

Bugmat78 said:

It does glow when you have all the resources necessary to rank up. Notice Ghost and Hood versus Fury.

I can barely see that in your screenshot..tells me the glow is too diffuse and not bright enough. Matter of fact it's basically a feathered glow which is not very noticeable unless you are looking for it. This game already gives me enough eye strain. They should just change the colour - red is stop, green is go etc.
  • Options
    ljballer22ljballer22 Posts: 151
    I'm not saying they couldn't make it more noticeable. I'm just stating that it does glow and pulsate.
  • Options

I'm not saying they couldn't make it more noticeable. I'm just stating that it does glow and pulsate.

Fair enough. But it should be a very stark change imho - i think that's what OP is saying and I agree with him there.
  • Options
    WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    They're looking at making some changes to it. Miike said on Twitter they wont be in the next update but it's gonna be addressed
  • Options
    WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★

• Options
    Drake2078Drake2078 Posts: 901 ★★★
    So, it won't be fixed until May at the earliest???
  • Options
    I'm sorry, but waiting 2 months minimum to have you correct something that should never have even made it to day 2 in beta testing is sad. I'm not a programmer, but can't you just go back to the previous build for the champion rank up?
  • Options
    Oh if your taking suggestions on the rank up arrow color.
    I think the obvious choice would be Green arrow for able to rank up.
    And red arrow if you're not able to rank up
  • Options
    SparkAlotSparkAlot Posts: 957 ★★★★

All they need to do is, either make the glow GREEN, or, change it from blue to gray, and then have the glow the same with the blue icon...

Kinda funny it takes so long to change a simple color. Should be fixed in 10 secs. lol
  • Options
    GREEN = Fully Max (ie 4* 5/50).

BLUE = at RANKUP Level (ie 4* 3/30 or 4/40), with all needed Cats, etc.
    BLUE with RED X across it = at a Rankup Level, but missing some Reaources (Cats, Gold) to actually rank them up.

Differentiate champs still at BASE LEVEL 1/1 versus champs that you are in the process of Leveling Up (but not at a Rankup Level yet).

ORANGE = LEVEL somewhere between 1/1 and max (such as 1/6, 3/15, 5/30). A Champ that you have started working on leveling up, but couldn’t do all at once previously.

YELLOW = BASE LEVEL 1/1 champs that you haven’t touched yet. Either haven’t started on yet, or want to just keep at 1/1 and not worry about.

This will better indicate which champs are only partially done (instead of the very hard to see difference in how full the current blue/white arrow is now).
  • Options
    Drake2078 said:

I'm sorry, but waiting 2 months minimum to have you correct something that should never have even made it to day 2 in beta testing is sad. I'm not a programmer, but can't you just go back to the previous build for the champion rank up?

Unfortunately, due to build timelines, that is not possible. I know a lot of people would think that you can just copy and paste some old code, but that's not possible. It's going to take additional development time, and unless we want to revert all work done on the other changes (like the resource finder), we can't revert it that easily.
  • Options
    PatientZeroPatientZero Posts: 15

Drake2078 said:

Unfortunately, due to build timelines, that is not possible. I know a lot of people would think that you can just copy and paste some old code, but that's not possible. It's going to take additional development time, and unless we want to revert all work done on the other changes (like the resource finder), we can't revert it that easily.
    I completely understand. At least it's being addressed. Anything to make it easier to differentiate would be great. I love that shows what you need for rank up when you tap the character.