**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Why is medusa no longer shutting down nodes?

She could before. She is not able to now. Or was there specific nodes she couldn't? Please enlighten me

Comments

• Options
    Mrspider568Mrspider568 Posts: 1,995 ★★★
    Where was it against that uc ultron he has power focus 2 which in increases his power gain by 60% when below 2 bars of power Medusas armor shattered reduces it by 100% so he has 60% power gain left
  • Options
    WhiteStrikerWhiteStriker Posts: 107
    I happens for me as well. It happens on robots on power focus nodes. A weird interaction. Node only say defender gains additional power. Medusa can not shut down the additional power
  • Options
    EdeuinkEdeuink Posts: 1,263 ★★★★
    It’s because of how power gain rate manipulation works additively. The power focus 1 node boosts power rate by 60% while under 1 bar of power. The default power rate is 100%. So, under one bar of power, the defender has 160% power rate. Medusa’s armor shatter reduces power rate for robots by 100%. 160%-100%=60%. So, the defender still has 60% power rate while under 2 bar of power. Kabam should probably make it more clear in Medusa’s description that she her armor shatter only reduces power rate in robots by 100%.

I know my explanation wasn’t as clear as it could have been, so please refer to @DNA3000 ‘s strategy faq thread on how modifying different abilities works.
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,687 Guardian
    Edeuink said:

Kabam should probably make it more clear in Medusa’s description that she her armor shatter only reduces power rate in robots by 100%.

It does say that:

The problem is that when people read "reduces power gain by 100%" they assume that means "reduces to zero." But that assumes that the starting point is 100%.

It should really say "reduces power gain by 100 percentage points" to be clear, as "reduces by 100 percent" opens the door to the confusing follow up question "100 percent of what." But in general, anything and everything that increases or decreases things by percent values does so relative to the unmodified original value. So whatever the robot's power gain is in absolute terms, Medusa's armor shatter reduces that value by 100% of that value. If the robot is sitting on a 60% power gain node that would increase power by 60% of the original value. The net power the robot gets is the base value minus 100% of the base value plus 60% of the base value, or 60% of the base value.

In nearly all cases where the text doesn't explicitly state otherwise, this is how MCOC's math works. This is also how the vast majority of video game math works in most games. There are only a tiny few exceptions I can think of in MCOC.