**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Uncollected dorm boss instant death.

DeliDeli Posts: 353 ★★★
So I was running some 5* r4's and r3's for testing purposes in uncollected on the dorm boss path. When I got to dorm my 5* R3 killmonger and my 5* r4 gwenpool died instantly on the first dexterity. Both at full health. No I dont have a screen shot as I was not prepared and nothing on the node explains it. Anyone know why?

Comments

• RioSmith11RioSmith11 Posts: 80
    You take instant damage because he nullifies all your current buffs. Use a champ with no buffs.

Corvus has 3 charges=3 cruelty buffs=triple nullify=triple damage at start
  • Rwj_2Rwj_2 Posts: 163 ★★
    I'm guessing a combination of transducer and languor. You lose power over time. If your power drops to 0 languor will likely kill you.
    Okaythen said:

Langour drains your power over time and once you hit 0 you take direct damage
    You probably blocked which didn’t provide much power
    You probably blocked

Languor doesn't drain your power, transducer does. But still your right about what likely happened.
    Okaythen said:

You take instant damage because he nullifies all your current buffs. Use a champ with no buffs.

Corvus has 3 charges=3 cruelty buffs=triple nullify=triple damage at start

I don’t think this right
    He can’t nullify other than his sp1 I believe and I’m sure it has to hit
    You're right, and the OP mentions gwenpool and killmonger not Corvus.
  • Matty_IceMatty_Ice Posts: 525 ★★★
    This happened to me with my stark spidey too. Started the fight and dexed immediately, then died.
  • HavanaknightHavanaknight Posts: 453 ★★★
    Happened to me repeatedly with human torch. Died after the first attempted parry/heavy
  • OkaythenOkaythen Posts: 590 ★★★

Happened to me repeatedly with human torch. Died after the first attempted parry/heavy

Wow it’s almost as if someone had already described this exact scenario
  • Dormy Boss in UC level is no joke.

Parry, and if you then back away without starting to attack him, the tiny bit of Power you got from Parry drains to 0 power quickly, and “wham” get socked by large Direct Damage when your power leaks down to 0 (without even being hit).

(it's not the Dex'ing or nullifying of buffs)

5* r5 champs lose more than 1/2 their total Health, so can imaging that r4 or especially r3 (ie 5/50) can be KO'd all at once.

So, if you Parry him to start out, attack him right away afterwards so you build up some Power. And just don’t use SP 1/2 immediately after reaching that bar of power (do them when midway up to next bar), and don’t do any SP3 unless you want to deal some final damage before instantly dying right after doing your SP3.

Dormy Boss in UC level is no joke.

Parry, and if you then back away without starting to attack him, the tiny bit of Power you got from Parry drains to 0 power quickly, and “wham” get socked by large Direct Damage when your power leaks down to 0 (without even being hit).

(it's not the Dex'ing or nullifying of buffs)

5* r5 champs lose more than 1/2 their total Health, so can imaging that r4 or especially r3 (ie 5/50) can be KO'd all at once.

So, if you Parry him to start out, attack him right away afterwards so you build up some Power. And just don’t use SP 1/2 immediately after reaching that bar of power (do them when midway up to next bar), and don’t do any SP3 unless you want to deal some final damage before instantly dying right after doing your SP3.

Adding on to this
    Instead of parrying I recommend to spam lightvattack at the start of the fight
    Very consistently you will land the hit allowing you to immediately start a combo and power
  • StellanStellan Posts: 322 ★★
    You take a great chunk of damage if you are at 0 power so just try and make sure to never loose all your power. Start the fight with some light attacks and don't use specials right away when you fill a bar of power.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    That explains it lol. I don't read the nodes anymore in UC unless I run into a problem. I died dexing, assumed it was a glitch, killed him with my next champ and it never happened again in exploration so I never did read the node.

That explains it lol. I don't read the nodes anymore in UC unless I run into a problem. I died dexing, assumed it was a glitch, killed him with my next champ and it never happened again in exploration so I never did read the node.

Haha me to bud
    I run Corvus for everything with prox DS plus magneto and cyclops for just pure attack
    DS and prox are 1/10
    Magneto is a 1/25
    So if I die I’m screwed and have to redo the quest and actually read the next time
  • DocmottsDocmotts Posts: 77
    The parry method worked for me and I had no problem clearing him on all three of my accounts on Uncollected. Sometimes I was caught off guard and yes, if he backs off in the beginning, you kind of get screwed.
  • If he backs off at beginning, or if you back of at beginning, is fine either way. If you want to either parry or intercept him later on to begin any contact. Since you would not have gained any power in the meantime (so would not have had any power to gradually lose down to 0).

Problem would just be if you fail to time an opening Parry correctly at beginning and Dormy instead starts hitting into your normal block, that would cause you to get a little power (which then would fall to 0).
  • RO53TT1RO53TT1 Posts: 319
    The langour buff doesn't seem to be working properly, it applies the damage sometimes before u have a chance to earn power, so it just reads it as soon as the fight starts as the summoner having zero power and hits u with the multiplied damage, luckily it's not doing it with every fight, so it's still doable to clear the boss, just irritating and frustrating, but honestly these days who doesn't expect alot of bugs & glitches in this game.
  • RO53TT1 said:

The langour buff doesn't seem to be working properly, it applies the damage sometimes before u have a chance to earn power, so it just reads it as soon as the fight starts as the summoner having zero power and hits u with the multiplied damage, luckily it's not doing it with every fight, so it's still doable to clear the boss, just irritating and frustrating, but honestly these days who doesn't expect alot of bugs & glitches in this game.

You sure you didn’t just do an initial Parry and then back off (?), that would give you a tiny tiny bit of power.
    Or were you using a champ that automatically gains power (Strange, Loki, etc) maybe the power drain is faster that what he gains it at ??