**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Get rid of Defensive tactics already

Gregdagr8Gregdagr8 Posts: 380 ★★★
War is already the worst game mode in this game. As a 4+ year player, I've probably seen hundreds of people quit this game because of war. I've never seen one person quit because of AQ, EQ, dungeons, etc. You are losing your player base with defensive tactics and war. These defensive tactics are horrible. Flow is out of this world crazy. Siphon is nuts too. You said you wanted us to have "more fun" with defensive tactics. They are anything but fun. No one likes them, you are losing players because of them, get rid of them!

Comments

• Options
    SpaddictedSpaddicted Posts: 222 ★★
    Gregdagr8 said:

No one likes them, you are losing players because of them, get rid of them!

They got hundred thousand dollars each war season. Thing only gets worse.
  • Options
    TheInfintyTheInfinty Posts: 1,382 ★★★★
    Hundreds of people really? These defense tactics are only in tier 1-5 war and your saying you have seen hundreds of people quit? I don’t buy it at all that’s like gold 1 and above and most of those players most likely spend money and kabam would most likely have lost a lot of revenue if “hundreds of played” had quit.Yes Flow and Siphon are bad but the rest of them? Dodge defense tactic easy bring someone who counters evade. For Crush just try not to get hit into your block if it’s perfect it won’t be unblockable. Bulwark is 🤷‍♂️ Now for siphon and flow the two most tricky defense tactics. Flow I could see void working well with his power gain reversal and she hulk and cap infinity war can both also reverse the power. Then lastly siphon the best way I think about it is that’s it’s like masochism don’t parry try to intercept as much as you can. Other then siphon I think most are fair flow can be extremely annoying but with a right counter should do just fine.
  • Options
    OkaythenOkaythen Posts: 590 ★★★

Hundreds of people really? These defense tactics are only in tier 1-5 war and your saying you have seen hundreds of people quit? I don’t buy it at all that’s like gold 1 and above and most of those players most likely spend money and kabam would most likely have lost a lot of revenue if “hundreds of played” had quit.Yes Flow and Siphon are bad but the rest of them? Dodge defense tactic easy bring someone who counters evade. For Crush just try not to get hit into your block if it’s perfect it won’t be unblockable. Bulwark is 🤷‍♂️ Now for siphon and flow the two most tricky defense tactics. Flow I could see void working well with his power gain reversal and she hulk and cap infinity war can both also reverse the power. Then lastly siphon the best way I think about it is that’s it’s like masochism don’t parry try to intercept as much as you can. Other then siphon I think most are fair flow can be extremely annoying but with a right counter should do just fine.

Have you even fought against these nodes
    I havnt but know for a fact it’s not as easy as you say
  • Options
    edited April 2020
    Okaythen said:

At this point in the game I just asked around for some tier spots and tier 1-5 alliances range from master to platinum at that point In the game your roster is MOST LIKELY at a very good point like Siphon I’m absolutely not trying to be rude I’ve fought against this siphon on a different account yes it’s challenging because I suck at intercepting and I will admit I made these sound a little easy but my point is that once your at this kind of level most of the defense tactics are not that bad yes Flow and Siphon suck but just because 2 of them are bad should we remove them all as a entire thing? No war is meant to be challenging this is not supposed to be easy content to do war is sometimes on the level of act 6 stuff from this tier level and act 6 is not easy it’s challenging and it’s meant to be that way
  • Options
    SmashSmash Posts: 808 ★★★

Okaythen said:

At this point in the game I just asked around for some tier spots and tier 1-5 alliances range from master to platinum at that point In the game your roster is MOST LIKELY at a very good point like Siphon I’m absolutely not trying to be rude I’ve fought against this siphon on a different account yes it’s challenging because I suck at intercepting and I will admit I made these sound a little easy but my point is that once your at this kind of level most of the defense tactics are not that bad yes Flow and Siphon suck but just because 2 of them are bad should we remove them all as a entire thing? No war is meant to be challenging this is not supposed to be easy content to do war is sometimes on the level of act 6 stuff from this tier level and act 6 is not easy it’s challenging and it’s meant to be that way

You asked around? Cmon man
  • Options
    Feeney234Feeney234 Posts: 1,159 ★★★★
    First war of the season... of course we need to fight against Flow.. Such a horribly broken node.

And the fun begins.
  • Options
    Smash said:

Okaythen said:

You asked around? Cmon man
    The thing I asked about was tier in wars on global and and their season rewards level that’s it @Smash
  • Options
    @TheInfinty I'm being serious. Maybe a low count would be 80 past ally members quit due to war. I've been a leader in t1-3 war for a long time. Guys/girls just hate it. We have 3-4 people every season mid season just say F this man, I'm out. War would be fine without defensive tactics. They have no value in the game. Players hate it, get rid of them.
  • Options
    HyzerBombHyzerBomb Posts: 80
    I agree. And who cares if "only 2 of the nodes are bad"... Clearly you don't understand that 99% of the time in top tiers it means you're fighting the worst one. It's not balanced in the slightest. It's to the point I'm ranking up champs just to be a defensive pain because of a broken node that should get nerfed or tossed out with all of them.
  • Options
    LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    War used to be my favorite game mode. I'm kind of sick of it atm.
  • Options
    KnightZeroKnightZero Posts: 1,416 ★★★★★

Okaythen said:

Barely 1% of the alliances used Crush and Dodge. They're insignificant. Siphon is manageable, Flow is garbage. And everyone just uses flow now. Also, Void's reversal needs petrify. That's luck based. CapIW triggers crit a lot. You basically have 3-4 champs who don't crit out of the tons we play with. Which is straight out rubbish. Keep the champ on a stun immune node or with Max limber and see how much destruction someone can do with flow.
  • Options
    typghtypgh Posts: 79
    Join an AQ focused alliance. Save yourself the headache.
  • Options
    Ngoalong711Ngoalong711 Posts: 304 ★★
    i really like war. maybe because i'm in low tier. but i like war because of the ai is nice. i want to quit because of the aq ai more than anything else.
  • Options
    SeraphionSeraphion Posts: 1,496 ★★★★

Actually I retract what I say about flow that just sucks

Haha once you play vs stunimmune R5 sig 200 magik you hope they delete flow. Siphon at least you can play vs it with skill. Not saying its easy but I would take siphon over flow any day
  • Options
    Charlie21540Charlie21540 Posts: 929 ★★★★
    The alliance I'm in got up to tier 5 last season and I gotta say, the defense tactics is tough, but I am not against them in any way. I mean it ups the challenge and I'm always up for a challenge. If you want to be a top alliance you gotta be able to take on the challenges that come with it. Like someone already said, if you dont like it, join an alliance that is alliance quest focussed.
  • Options
    ThecurlerThecurler Posts: 840 ★★★★
    I agree with the OP and I don't know anyone who enjoys defence tactics.
    We've had a number of guys leave our ally over the past few seasons for AQ focused alliances.
    In it's current state, AW takes too much effort, stress and resources.
    My ally has dropped from T3 and will keep dropping until we hit T6.
  • Options

The alliance I'm in got up to tier 5 last season and I gotta say, the defense tactics is tough, but I am not against them in any way. I mean it ups the challenge and I'm always up for a challenge. If you want to be a top alliance you gotta be able to take on the challenges that come with it. Like someone already said, if you dont like it, join an alliance that is alliance quest focussed.

Running in T5 and T4 doesn't make you War focused. That's rubbish. Also, it doesn't 'up the challenge'. It completely adds a whole new level to it. Even top players will struggle without the right type of champs. Not a node that you can play around exactly.
  • Options
    Charlie21540Charlie21540 Posts: 929 ★★★★

Running in T5 and T4 doesn't make you War focused. That's rubbish. Also, it doesn't 'up the challenge'. It completely adds a whole new level to it. Even top players will struggle without the right type of champs. Not a node that you can play around exactly.
    Never said we were war focused, sounds like someone here doesnt like the challenge lol
  • Options
    SleipnirrodSleipnirrod Posts: 228 ★★

War used to be my favorite game mode. I'm kind of sick of it atm.

Me too. Today, is just stressful.
  • Options
    Mcord11758Mcord11758 Posts: 1,249 ★★★★
    the jump in difficulty form tier 6 to tier 5 wars is nonsensical and it only gets worse from there. War has been struggling to be fun for a while, tactics takes away any chance it had
  • Options
    -sixate--sixate- Posts: 1,532 ★★★★★
    We jumped up to tier 3 last season and we only run 1bg wars. Have a lot of good players, but we all agree tier 3 nodes suck. Not everyone has perfect counters so it sucks for many.

We finish G2 and with the boost to the glory store I don't see a reason to even play AW. I can get everything I need with glory.
  • Options
    SuperiorSymbioteSuperiorSymbiote Posts: 1,862 ★★★★★
    It’s all a matter of opinion if you don’t want to do wars don’t do it, you’re thoughts don’t determine what happens to everybody . If you had your way there’d probably be server maintenance to fix all the tiny issues in the game.
  • Options

Never said we were war focused, sounds like someone here doesnt like the challenge lol
    Never said you were war focused. You were talking about joining an AQ focused alliance. My point is that AQ focused alliances who are in T4 and T5 aren't war focused. They're also facing globals. And calling it a challenge without actually facing the nodes and champs is stupid. Fight them and then come here to talk about it.
  • Options

It’s all a matter of opinion if you don’t want to do wars don’t do it, you’re thoughts don’t determine what happens to everybody . If you had your way there’d probably be server maintenance to fix all the tiny issues in the game.

There's not supposed to be issues. Also, this discussion about Flow has been going on for a while. It sucks for people facing it. We're asking for a change as we can do so. Whether they accept is up to Kabam, but nothing stopping us from raising a valid concern.
  • Options
    My main point in all of this was that yes siphon and flow are bad especially flow but should we remove defense tactics as a whole no I do realize now that tier 4-5 defense tactics is unfairish but I can see why it’s in tier 1-3 wars
  • Options

hahaha you havent fought these nodes have you. Fight them first :smile:
  • Options

hahaha you havent fought these nodes have you. Fight them first :smile:
    Other then siphon and flow which I have changed my mind on is crash bulwark and Dodge that bad? Yes flow can be especially terrible and siphon can be a huge pain the rest of defense tactics isn’t that awful it’s just flow and siphon really
  • Options

Okaythen said:

Barely 1% of the alliances used Crush and Dodge. They're insignificant. Siphon is manageable, Flow is garbage. And everyone just uses flow now. Also, Void's reversal needs petrify. That's luck based. CapIW triggers crit a lot. You basically have 3-4 champs who don't crit out of the tons we play with. Which is straight out rubbish. Keep the champ on a stun immune node or with Max limber and see how much destruction someone can do with flow.
    This sums up my opinions perfectly this is exactly what I mean
  • Options
    There's a reason the popular you tubers don't make AW videos anymore. Because they are all dying to flow! And the fact that Kabam just added Mojo and Terrax as Flow defenders is horrible. Just get rid of all of them all and level the playing field.