**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Is Line app really that great?

SlyCat42SlyCat42 Posts: 500 ★★
My alliance is talking about using Line app, but I've never had to use it before. Is it really that great and is it voice chat or a texting app? In summary, I'm asking what else does it do that is so special?

Feels a little strange to have to download another app to play the game lol.

Comments

• 1haunted_memory1haunted_memory Posts: 804 ★★★
    yes!!!!! do it, its great for communication and sharing
  • SpiritSpirit Posts: 222
    edited August 2017
    I know I am having this very problem, many good alliances need this LINE or GroupME apps and somewhat makes things a bit irritating for ppl with completely cluttered memory spaces!! :p
  • HENRIQUE_FORTEHENRIQUE_FORTE Posts: 348 ★★
    We use Facebook Messeger (it doesn't require a Facebook account, it seems). Is line app better? If so, why?
  • DHCVoLtDHCVoLt Posts: 266
    Line is great, you can leave albums and notes, send pictures and have no censors. and it has INFOBOT and a prestige calc you can have. Infobot sends useful info like duel targets, patch notes, when T4 arena starts, and links to vids when champs are leaked. Prestige calc is self explanatory. its also just the default for most alliances so if you have it the recruitment process goes a lot faster.
  • RydertheblackRydertheblack Posts: 296
    Far better than the ingame chat.
  • Primmer79Primmer79 Posts: 2,968 ★★★★
    In game chat results in messages lost if it becomes busy. In the Line app, you can tag people so they get notifications to scroll back in chat. You can make notes and albums specific to a group. You can easily private message someone. I've been in an alliance that just used game chat, and Ive been in alliances that use Line. Line is far more convenient for strategy while still having flexibility to carry on normal conversations.

Line also provides support groups for those heavily addicted to the game. I believe the term for them is Beluga's.
  • Ground_Round1Ground_Round1 Posts: 1,012
    I have used both line and discord. Line is good, but when you receive a message in your line feed, it puts a message across the top of your phone. That is great for updates such as "you are unlinked", but VERY distracting when you are fighting, say in AW or AQ. I like discord better because it has similar features, but does not flash messages that may distract you. Either are fine for better group comms, but I like discord better. Feel free to check it out.
  • BuckeyeKPBuckeyeKP Posts: 693
    Ground_Round you can disable the notifications so it doesn't interrupt your fighting. I just bounce back and forth between the two apps to check.
  • RoraRora Posts: 124
    Its the best! Now that the Line Lite version is out its even better than the Best.
  • BuckeyeKP wrote: »
    Ground_Round you can disable the notifications so it doesn't interrupt your fighting. I just bounce back and forth between the two apps to check.

Right. I can't imagine using Line without disabling notifications. It doesn't have my phone dinging or messages popping up.
  • RotmgmoddyRotmgmoddy Posts: 916 ★★★
    Yep, Line is one of the few great apps for communication, but I'd like to think any communication app is better than the one in-game.

I say that mainly because the in-game chat is extremely limited. There's an extremely limited number of characters you can send per message, it takes a few seconds of delay before your message is sent to the chat, it censors your entire message if there is one word it deems as "inappropriate", you can't send pictures, very short chat history and the list goes on...

Line is a great communication app because it pretty much doesn't have any of the limitations I stated above. You are free to speak whatever you want, free to share memorable moments with your friends, and has a lot of convenience features like albums, notes and group chats.

You should definitely get Line, or at the very least, another communication app other than the game itself like Whatsapp.
  • Yelin547Yelin547 Posts: 238
    Line is great. Text your alliance members without actually giving them your phone #... plus other perks
  • RydertheblackRydertheblack Posts: 296
    Yelin547 wrote: »
    Line is great. Text your alliance members without actually giving them your phone #... plus other perks

Or adding them on FB. Yup, quite private I would say
  • Absolutely, especially with how buggy the chat in game is. It'll really cut down on the headaches caused by trying to coordinate BG's in the chat window in the game
  • TrumpootTrumpoot Posts: 185
    i have used LINE & discord. they are both WAY better than in game chat.
    (I wont say which is better or we will reenact the old vi vs emacs flame wars.)

I will say this though. if you are interested in taking your alliance to the next level, you absolutely MUST have some out of game communication.

Also, both Line and Discord have the option of running on a PC. I play the game while sitting in front of a computer, and chat with folks while the screen is loading.

• weavileweavile Posts: 288
    It's very good for communication: on aq and aw day you can put route, private chat and even post plan, map, diagram on it. On a relax day share **** jokes with alliance mates. Plus if your phone is broke down for reason, just send a message from computer.
  • SlyCat42SlyCat42 Posts: 500 ★★

Good to know. So, Line doesn't give away any personal info right?

I wouldn't want my entire alliance getting my phone # or something lol.
  • IAmNotUrMomIAmNotUrMom Posts: 648 ★★★
    SlyCat42 wrote: »

Good to know. So, Line doesn't give away any personal info right?

I wouldn't want my entire alliance getting my phone # or something lol.

Correct. You get to pick your name.