**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Deadpool's Spring Cleaning Discussion

Comments

• MjolinarMjolinar Posts: 157 ★★
    Sorry, should have quoted the post I was responding to. I was talking to the person who said these bundles given to everyone had better be tier related.
  • shadow_lurker22shadow_lurker22 Posts: 3,243 ★★★★★
    edited April 2020
    Mjolinar said:

Get over it. How entitled are you? You just found out f2p gets something free when it wasn’t expected at all, and you throw out this bs? Free is free. If it’s not good enough for you, either pony up the cash or don’t claim based on how below your awesomeness is.

For what it’s worth, Cavalier here as well. Will gladly accept the gifts.

Little bit rude but maybe tag who you are replying to
  • YoinkerYoinker Posts: 4
    We should be able to buy them with units, what if we don’t want to waste our money on games? (No offense to people who spend)
  • MidnightfoxMidnightfox Posts: 1,091 ★★★

This offer is much like our regular offers that are only available for purchasable with your local currency, but with a little more customization.

Yes but the inflation on the 5 star awakening gem(what I was saving my iTunes for) was outrageous. You want us to spend $200 for enough doubloons for it when we can wait for the $70 offer? Had it been 67,500 that would have been more reasonable and I would have purchased it but not 675,000.
  • RogerRabsRogerRabs Posts: 548 ★★★★
    Idk, I know they've still got a business to run but selling massive offers during a time when many people are struggling financially rubs me the wrong way. 15k free doubloons seems like scraps to keep people from complaining. But hey that's just my opinion.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★

This offer is much like our regular offers that are only available for purchasable with your local currency, but with a little more customization.

Yes but the inflation on the 5 star awakening gem(what I was saving my iTunes for) was outrageous. You want us to spend $200 for enough doubloons for it when we can wait for the $70 offer? Had it been 67,500 that would have been more reasonable and I would have purchased it but not 675,000.
    67,500 and most people would have purchased it. It's still rare, whether you personally feel it's worth the price or not.
    There aren't that many 5* Gen Gems.
  • lowlevelplayerlowlevelplayer Posts: 4,292 ★★★★★
    Story time:
    A man named bob walks into the apple store. He came because his good friend Joe gave him a free 30 dollar visa gift card. Bob is looking around when he realizes everything is quite expensive. He finally sees that weird dark little corner where they sell useless little accessories and overpriced phone cases. He sees that he can afford one of those trendy little pop-sockets, but he wants an iphone11 pro max. He goes to the manager and complains that he can't buy anything.
    If you were the manager, what would you do? Would you give the guy a free iphone? NO.
    Think about it this way. It would make no sense for kabam to give us anything more.
    I know that it is a bad story, but it's the best I could do in 5 minutes

Story time:
    A man named bob walks into the apple store. He came because his good friend Joe gave him a free 30 dollar visa gift card. Bob is looking around when he realizes everything is quite expensive. He finally sees that weird dark little corner where they sell useless little accessories and overpriced phone cases. He sees that he can afford one of those trendy little pop-sockets, but he wants an iphone11 pro max. He goes to the manager and complains that he can't buy anything.
    If you were the manager, what would you do? Would you give the guy a free iphone? NO.
    Think about it this way. It would make no sense for kabam to give us anything more.

I don't expect FTP players to get the same level of treatment as spenders. But I think the event is a little tone deaf during a global pandemic.

If someone was selling $15 Kale smoothies next to a soup kitchen I'd think they were tone deaf too. Doesn't mean I think I deserve to get a free smoothie.
    RogerRabs said:

Story time:

I don't expect FTP players to get the same level of treatment as spenders. But I think the event is a little tone deaf during a global pandemic.

If someone was selling $15 Kale smoothies next to a soup kitchen I'd think they were tone deaf too. Doesn't mean I think I deserve to get a free smoothie.
    No more than online stores still operating. Life goes on. Spending is entirely optional. If people are concerned with essentials, or can't afford to spend, that's fine. There's no judgment. That doesn't mean stores need to stop selling things.

RogerRabs said:

Story time:

No more than online stores still operating. Life goes on. Spending is entirely optional. If people are concerned with essentials, or can't afford to spend, that's fine. There's no judgment. That doesn't mean stores need to stop selling things.
    I didn't ask them to stop selling. I just thought they could have done more to include people without extra income. I understand they have to keep the lights on.
  • lowlevelplayerlowlevelplayer Posts: 4,292 ★★★★★
    RogerRabs said:

RogerRabs said:

Story time:

I didn't ask them to stop selling. I just thought they could have done more to include people without extra income. I understand they have to keep the lights on.
    so the 15 dollar kale smoothie place should give everyone a free smoothie? They'd go out of buisness!
    RogerRabs said:

RogerRabs said:

Story time:

If they were selling food, or essentials, I'd be inclined to agree. All of this is extra.

RogerRabs said:

RogerRabs said:

Story time:

so the 15 dollar kale smoothie place should give everyone a free smoothie? They'd go out of buisness!
    You didn't come close to grasping the point. Congrats.
  • SmashSmash Posts: 808 ★★★

IOSJasoN said:

It’s for one day only..
    Like the Christmas deals they put out..
    You buy a unit pack and get something free with it but they are giving the players that spend the option of choosing their extra..
    It’s not what you would call an actual event..

If you read the message it's literally what kabam calls an event.

It's literally called the special spring cleaning sales event.

I want to clarify that I do not mind cash offers per se, not even in times like these. I'm neither bothered by great cash offers nor by awful cash offers. I normally simply don't care about them.

The only thing that makes me mad here is how this is introduced. We literally have a deadpool event right now and when one starts to read this message the immediate reaction of "Oh nice! Another surprise event!" is not only not far fetched, I'd even argue it's somewhat natural.

This immediate excitement however was met by the reality of this event, which for me personally turned this into a massive disappointment.

If it would have been phrased differently, themed differently, I wouldn't have cared.

If you read the message it’s literally what kabam calls “unit bundles for 24 hours”.

Don’t blame others since you didn’t read and are surprised all of a sudden. People have been waiting for this UNIT DEAL to see what it is. I had some events to finish and wanted to buy an Odin then saw the in-game message for unit deals and waited a few days. We knew this was coming why are you acting all shocked and keep clinging on the word “event” so much? Kabam said this was happening ahead of time. I’m actually happy that they announced beforehand and I waited. Usually unit deals are not announced beforehand.
  • Crumb3307Crumb3307 Posts: 339 ★★
    This is exactly like when they put items in the unit bundles, but gives more flexibility to what gets bundled with each one. If you don’t have a problem with the normal unit+item bundles we get every couple months, you shouldn’t have a problem with this. They gave ftp cavaliers 1000 free 6* or uncollected 3500 5* (or 400 6*), I do t understand anyone having a problem with this sales event.
  • Aomine_Daiki10Aomine_Daiki10 Posts: 1,624 ★★★★★
    Kabaam this was a bad move honestly disappointed. Where is the balance in this offer
  • PsychoakumaPsychoakuma Posts: 564 ★★
    it seems like the smaller offers are way better?

• ExHavokExHavok Posts: 518 ★★★
    as a f2p this event seems a bit... well they don't care anyway,all the buyers out there ; have fun guys.
  • XmensupperclasXmensupperclas Posts: 11
    Since when is a 5 star champ worth 100 this is a joke every way they put these deals it all ways leads 99.99 for a five star champ they are not worth that if you want to get me to buy this let me choose the champ I get I couldent sell 10 5 star champs for 100 done spending on this game
  • MacvillMacvill Posts: 9

Because money.

But yeah, it's really stupid. Cash offers are fine, but having them as a sort of event with one of the most beloved characters is just alienating to a lot of players.

Hard pass.

i was disappointed i can't get doubloons grinding the game too, but after all this is a pay to win game, as a f2p im happy with the free doubloons i got, free rewards baby!
  • John757John757 Posts: 1,085 ★★★
    Y’all gonna be annoyed when 4th of July happens and there are specific things you can’t get unless you spend real money?
  • crogscrogs Posts: 764 ★★★
    edited April 2020

This so not like your typical cash offers. This is an event. It has its own store, a slot on the inventory/currency rotation and everything.

Side note... Little annoying you completely screw Uncollected out of T5 basic shards and 6* shards. Thankfully I'm cavalier, but the baby account isn't and needs more t4b and 5* shards like a another hole in the head. Doesn't help his progression any.

Granted 5* shards are always good, but so many of the lesser packages have things that are overflowing in the stash (still) with tons of crystals collecting dust because they can't be opened. The two 7500 cavalier packages make sense. The Uncollected ones make no sense unless you're newly uncollected.

Bit of a joke and that's not even considering the times many are in right now. It's pretty much an extremely elaborate event thought out for the whales.

I would have even considered dropping $10 for the main and baby account to get them their next 6*. Seemed like the juice is worth the squeeze. But now I won't do it on either. I know, big bucks loss, but I'm sure many more feel similar.
  • crogscrogs Posts: 764 ★★★

To some up why exactly this is leaving a sour taste in my mouth I want to clarify the way I see it it's just like the Scrap Yard or Acorn events where you can get these little side rewards to gain access to a store to get extra rewards. But instead it's only obtainable through money. With no way to get them for free. I don't mind the fact they are doing offers. But to advertise this as an event when it's just practically an offer is stupid. The Christmas/4th of July sales aren't called Christmas or 4th of July events are they? And before you bring up the gifting event there's still free ways to gift people so these won't be accurate comparisons.

Exactly... It's a well designed side event, not an "offer" as Miike proclaims.

Would love to see someone point out a similarly designed side event that was pretty much a cash offer. Five years of material... Let's see the examples.
    There have been Arenas only accessible by purchase.