**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Incoming Hijacked Transmission... What does it mean? [Merged Threads]

18910111214»

Comments

• Wills_t7Wills_t7 Posts: 8

Latest platpool message
  • crogscrogs Posts: 764 ★★★
    edited July 2020
    So all of this multi-month hijacked transmission hoopla was for a useless profile pic and some platpool crystals? That's just, wow... I'd call it embarrassing for whatever developer brought forth the idea and even worse, the person that approved it and also thought it'd be fun. Also feel bad for all the conspiracy theorists who spent time trying to figure out the riddles, toying with team choices, screwed up fighting, ko's and all that. All for a profile picture. 🙄
  • Hera1d_of_Ga1actusHera1d_of_Ga1actus Posts: 2,439 ★★★★★
    crogs said:

So all of this multi-month hijacked transmission hoopla was for a useless profile pic and some platpool crystals? That's just, wow... I'd call it embarrassing for whatever developer brought forth the idea and even worse, the person that approved it and also thought it'd be fun. Also feel bad for all the conspiracy theorists who spent time trying to figure out the riddles, toying with team choices, screed up fighting, ko's and all that. All for a profile picture. 🙄

Uh, ok cool story bro can you leave this thread to die in peace now thanks
  • SummonerNRSummonerNR Posts: 10,608 Guardian
    Except did you fail to see other people's references to this maybe being 5 different months of different Profile Pics (in the style of a specific Yu-Gi-Oh set of 5 cards that make up “The Forbidden One”, since PlatPool's crystals are Forbidden Crystals).
    And reference to Arm and Leg maybe lending credence to other pics of his arms and legs (?) before some ultimate reveal.

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/207628/platpool-solved#latest

So most likely more to come on this subject (thus probably why the “WALL OF SILENCE” 😀 from Kabam mods here on the subject).
  • crogscrogs Posts: 764 ★★★

Except did you fail to see other people's references to this maybe being 5 different months of different Profile Pics (in the style of a specific Yu-Gi-Oh set of 5 cards that make up “The Forbidden One”, since PlatPool's crystals are Forbidden Crystals).
    And reference to Arm and Leg maybe lending credence to other pics of his arms and legs (?) before some ultimate reveal.

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/207628/platpool-solved#latest

So most likely more to come on this subject (thus probably why the “WALL OF SILENCE” 😀 from Kabam mods here on the subject).

Sorry... I find zero appeal in profile pics or collecting them. They don't help me progress in the game. Seems like a lot of wasted developer time just for some pics regardless of how it's spun.
    Not just a Profile Pic.
    Gather Fabulous Bundles to collect 5 PIECES of him.
    Named THE FABULOUS ONE (nod to the 5 cards of “The Forbidden One”).
    Uses his “Guide to the BattleRealm CARDS”.

Requires Uncollected level, probably why last Objectives related to 2500 Energy and Fabulous Crystals were not available to those at lower level.

SPOTLIGHT...
    https://playcontestofchampions.com/champion-spotlight-platinumpool/

• CrcrcrcCrcrcrc Posts: 7,939 ★★★★★
    He better be available for f2p
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,760 ★★★★★
    So as I was able to understand ...

We will need to collect 5x "pieces". After that, we are able to acquirea 5-star Platinumpool (we will need to wait until we are able to trade the pieces for him).

There will be a bundle next week, that costs 20k artifacts. The bundle gives 8x "Fabulous Crystals" and 1 out of the 5 of the requires Pieces. The crystals itself will give units, with a rare chance at another one of the remaining pieces, including the already obtained one via the bundle.

While it's possible to get all 5x pieces out of there, it's really unreliable. RNG is once again the factor that will decide everything. There will also be other ways to speed up the way to acquire them, but they will cost money ...

And even if these come back another time in the future, it may be possible for someone not to be able to gather all the pieces until years later, considering these bundles will guarantee a different piece each.
  • RiderofHellRiderofHell Posts: 4,394 ★★★★★
    edited July 2020

We will need to collect 5x "pieces". After that, we are able to acquirea 5-star Platinumpool (we will need to wait until we are able to trade the pieces for him).

There will be a bundle next week, that costs 20k artifacts. The bundle gives 8x "Fabulous Crystals" and 1 out of the 5 of the requires Pieces. The crystals itself will give units, with a rare chance at another one of the remaining pieces, including the already obtained one via the bundle.

While it's possible to get all 5x pieces out of there, it's really unreliable. RNG is once again the factor that will decide everything. There will also be other ways to speed up the way to acquire them, but they will cost money ...

And even if these come back another time in the future, it may be possible for someone not to be able to gather all the pieces until years later, considering these bundles will guarantee a different piece each.

Time those comes back he will be less desirable just like goldpool, the hype was there and now its gone same for platpool. They hype him so much only to be disappointed
  • AburaeesAburaees Posts: 514 ★★★
    Aburaees said:

I think he’ll be MCOC’s first build-a-figure :p

edited July 2020

I’m gonna assume that each of the 5 methods for getting a Bundle (3x free, 2x pay) will give you a Different Piece of him as the guaranteed piece. And that also assume each of the Bundles will give 8 additional RNG chances (thru Fabulous Crystals) at another Piece (also RNG as to which piece it is, if indeed you are lucky to get any additional piece).
    ...at least, the first Bundle mentioned it would contain 8 extra crystals to go with the guaranteed Piece.

So 3x8=24 additional FREE chances at pulling the 2 “Pay” Pieces needed (for those F2P players). Drop-Rate for pulling a Piece from those Crystals probably something like 1% (for example). And even if that hits for a particular crystal, then on top of that (metaphorically) a roll of a 5-sided dice to hopefully get the number “4” or “5” (and overall you will have needed to roll both a 4 and a 5 on different openings where the (example) 1% chance has also been hit).
  • FineDogFineDog Posts: 403 ★★★

I've read this over three times in addition to the in-game message and all I've been able to figure out is that I'll never get a Platinumpool because the whole thing is too dang complicated to wrap my head around. Too many random steps, too much RNG, and this whole thing has been strung along for, what, three months now? And now it'll be however many more months for me to lose track of which pieces I somehow manage to obtain. To those of you looking forward to getting this champ, I wish you all the best.
  • SnizzbarSnizzbar Posts: 2,144 ★★★★★
    FineDog said:

And now it'll be however many more months for me to lose track of which pieces I somehow manage to obtain.
    Won't the pieces just show up in your items inventory? I mean, isn't that what an inventory is for?
  • neglass7neglass7 Posts: 214
    Sooooo... about those forbidden crystals that I still haven’t opened...
  • Thebombsquad1Thebombsquad1 Posts: 755 ★★★
    You have to open 100 crystals to get him
  • Iron_Patriot_is_litIron_Patriot_is_lit Posts: 1,860 ★★★★★
    Sorry for not following along if this has been answered already but is platpool possible to get for free2play peeps?
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,760 ★★★★★

Sorry for not following along if this has been answered already but is platpool possible to get for free2play peeps?

Yes.
    You will still rely on RNG to get what you need, and you could speed up the progress if you spend on special offers.
    But it may take a long time till you get everything. It deppends on how occasional we get the guaranteed pieces