Options

Changes to Flow

While the change is good, its not enough. It needs to be, well timed block OR stunned.

Picture a champ doing a special that stuns and it crits - there is no way to stop the power gain until the stun ends - and then AI may just sit there and block - if its not already l3.

Basically, this could eliminate the followup combo after a crit stun....

My 2 cents.

Comments

• Options
    MauledMauled Posts: 3,957 Guardian
    In its current iteration you can’t do a follow up combo anyway.

I’ll be totally honest, I hate flow right down to its core, having spent probably 2 T5B worth of glory on potions across the last couple of seasons due to lacking G2099/Quake.

This, however, seems to offer a very good solution, or at least a middle ground between what we want (BURN IT OUT OF THE GAME) and Kabam’s intention (SPEND UNITS ON POTIONS).

This is something that in most cases, you can probably play around without it being a total sp3 fest as long as you’re careful

• Options
    GamerGamer Posts: 10,256 ★★★★★
    Well there culd do a lot better. But it better then no change get hit point shuld be stun to. And not only well time blok
  • Options
    MauledMauled Posts: 3,957 Guardian
    To me defence tactics should always be a double edged blade - picking X over Y should strengthen your defence in one area but leave it open to exploitation in another.

What Flow -should- do, in my opinion, is make power control champions very powerful on Flow maps. I would have liked it to be an active buff rather than a passive so that it can be used against certain champions - ie SS could stagger/nullify the buffs for extra damage, for example.

Likewise Siphon should encourage a villain heavy defence, leaving it open to Blade wreaking havoc and having most of the defenders being easily ghostable. The mutant one could open you up to being shredded by Sentinels.

Sadly the reality is that the effect is only ever negative.
  • Options
    WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    Mauled said:

In its current iteration you can’t do a follow up combo anyway.

I’ll be totally honest, I hate flow right down to its core, having spent probably 2 T5B worth of glory on potions across the last couple of seasons due to lacking G2099/Quake.

This, however, seems to offer a very good solution, or at least a middle ground between what we want (BURN IT OUT OF THE GAME) and Kabam’s intention (SPEND UNITS ON POTIONS).

This is something that in most cases, you can probably play around without it being a total sp3 fest as long as you’re careful

It's not remotely enough of a change to stop every alliance from using it every war. If you use champs that aren't counters to the node, the AI is going to sit in the corner blocking after getting a couple of stacks and there's absolutely nothing you can do at that point.
  • Options
    As there's already a discussion HERE about the same topic, I'll go ahead and close this one.

In future, please use the Forum Search function to check for other discussions about the same topic before creating a new one. The Search function can be found at the right-hand-side of every Forum page.

Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.