**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.

AQ Timeout

191011121315»

Comments

• Scopeotoe987Scopeotoe987 Posts: 1,546 ★★★★★
    Kabam, explain to me how when I go to the opponent and not fight them, I come back after leaving the game to Ægon half health, what happened?
  • TheTalentsTheTalents Posts: 2,254 ★★★★★

So if I am using venom the duck on a lower map and I have a bunch of banked regen and I have pushed the opponent to 3 bars. If I pause game to wait out match knowing I will heal up what I lose, is that a bug?

If you pause the fight to avoid a special 3, is that a bug? That would be an exploit, which is something unintended due to game mechanics and could be loosely described a bug.

If you think avoiding a special is intended to be countered by pushing a button and waiting x minutes that’s ludicrous.
    I agree. I'm not above using the timeout to my advantage while it works but it clearly wasn't intended to work that way and I have no problem with Kabam making changes for this.
    Are you able to kill Thing of map7 w/o a death, or let's put it this way, how deaths it will take for you to kill the Thing of map7, are you willing to pay 10$ for each death?
    If you're not playing map 7 please state that before you say you agree with a Corvus change. It would help provide the proper context. As a 7x5 full modifiers guy this is needed to complete map 7, especially is one of your guys goes missing and you have take take out a noded Dr. Doom or Thing Mini boss for those who can't play with Quake.
    I'm OK to change Corvus, but please fix tons of things before that, again, you didn't answer my question,
    Are you willing to pay 10$ for each death?
    Do you really enjoy quack in this game?

You just have no idea about what these changes mean to top alliances, anyway, I wouldn't waste my time on arguing, boycott is coming anyway.
    Where in the world are you getting $10 a death? AQ can be easily managed with resources from glory and loyalty which cost no money. I run all 3 versions of map 7 with no corvus at all 9/10 weeks bc I don't use suicides anymore except very rarely.

There are SOME paths that a change to that interaction would make far more difficult like vivified, but there are people that do it without him. Those should be addressed IMO. Outside that, if you're using that many items that frequently in AQ you should probably be running a lower map
    So you are saying those top alliances cannot manage their resource well, they should play lower map, that is the reason they are talking about boycott right? Gotcha
    I promise I have far more experience with those alliances than you do.

Also there are absolutely alliances that could not run map 7 at all without that corvus trick. That or they definitely wouldn't be willing to spend what they'd have to to keep up with it.

That also isn't what the whole issue is with them at all.

It still doesn't answer my question of where in the world you're getting $10/death from either.
    If you cannot do math, why would I teach you? You promise, heh, I can promise I have more experience with those alliance than you do.
    Did I ever say this is the whole issue? This change will expose tons of issues which were there for years.

I'm tired of arguing, again, boycott is coming no matter what you say and how you defend Kabam, this is the only fact.
    You are the king of writing lots of words that literally mean nothing.
    Yup, don't forget to tell your boss Boycott is coming.
    I welcome the boycott. We can move up in AQ this cycle. Hopefully higher than 43 we got a few cycles ago. Good riddance to the top.
    Would that be the Boycott that is supposed to end RNG, or the Boycott that's supposed to stop the Season and end Flow? Both not reasonable to begin with.

The one that started this already broke the logged out campaign.
    To be fair, leaders have to login occasionally so as not to get automatically demoted now.
    I don't need the Corvus cheese because I just got Corvus 2 months ago and been playing 7x5 for over a year now so I agree with you. For those who actually play map 7 don't need the Corvus cheese and we don't need to spend money if we die. If you're good enough, fair enough.

But how do you one shot Thing section 2 with a brute force node? Or is someone comes in late and you have to fight doom with 2 to 5 extra nodes? You know you collectively use the Corvus cheese. We both know that.
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★

So if I am using venom the duck on a lower map and I have a bunch of banked regen and I have pushed the opponent to 3 bars. If I pause game to wait out match knowing I will heal up what I lose, is that a bug?

If you pause the fight to avoid a special 3, is that a bug? That would be an exploit, which is something unintended due to game mechanics and could be loosely described a bug.

If you think avoiding a special is intended to be countered by pushing a button and waiting x minutes that’s ludicrous.
    I agree. I'm not above using the timeout to my advantage while it works but it clearly wasn't intended to work that way and I have no problem with Kabam making changes for this.
    Are you able to kill Thing of map7 w/o a death, or let's put it this way, how deaths it will take for you to kill the Thing of map7, are you willing to pay 10$ for each death?
    If you're not playing map 7 please state that before you say you agree with a Corvus change. It would help provide the proper context. As a 7x5 full modifiers guy this is needed to complete map 7, especially is one of your guys goes missing and you have take take out a noded Dr. Doom or Thing Mini boss for those who can't play with Quake.
    I'm OK to change Corvus, but please fix tons of things before that, again, you didn't answer my question,

You just have no idea about what these changes mean to top alliances, anyway, I wouldn't waste my time on arguing, boycott is coming anyway.
    Where in the world are you getting $10 a death? AQ can be easily managed with resources from glory and loyalty which cost no money. I run all 3 versions of map 7 with no corvus at all 9/10 weeks bc I don't use suicides anymore except very rarely.

There are SOME paths that a change to that interaction would make far more difficult like vivified, but there are people that do it without him. Those should be addressed IMO. Outside that, if you're using that many items that frequently in AQ you should probably be running a lower map
    So you are saying those top alliances cannot manage their resource well, they should play lower map, that is the reason they are talking about boycott right? Gotcha

Also there are absolutely alliances that could not run map 7 at all without that corvus trick. That or they definitely wouldn't be willing to spend what they'd have to to keep up with it.

It still doesn't answer my question of where in the world you're getting $10/death from either.
    If you cannot do math, why would I teach you? You promise, heh, I can promise I have more experience with those alliance than you do.
    Did I ever say this is the whole issue? This change will expose tons of issues which were there for years.

I'm tired of arguing, again, boycott is coming no matter what you say and how you defend Kabam, this is the only fact.
    I welcome the boycott. We can move up in AQ this cycle. Hopefully higher than 43 we got a few cycles ago. Good riddance to the top.
    Would that be the Boycott that is supposed to end RNG, or the Boycott that's supposed to stop the Season and end Flow? Both not reasonable to begin with.

To be fair, leaders have to login occasionally so as not to get automatically demoted now.
    I don't need the Corvus cheese because I just got Corvus 2 months ago and been playing 7x5 for over a year now so I agree with you. For those who actually play map 7 don't need the Corvus cheese and we don't need to spend money if we die. If you're good enough, fair enough.

But how do you one shot Thing section 2 with a brute force node? Or is someone comes in late and you have to fight doom with 2 to 5 extra nodes? You know you collectively use the Corvus cheese. We both know that.
    I'm honestly not sure how they take that thing. He usually comes down after I go to sleep. I know we have a few ridiculous quake players that take brute force fights with her in war. They may use her they may not. I know that's who typically gets used for the 1st thing. But yes absolutely people use the corvus timeout. Most don't seem particularly bothered by a potential change from what I've seen.

Do I agree with every decision that gets made on this game? Not remotely. That doesn't mean I'm going to rabble rabble everytime a change is made that negatively affects players. I don't see how anyone can look at that and think it's intended. If it hadn't professed from the point of last resort option to option A most of the time, I'd probably have a lot more issue with whatever potential change may get made.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,817 ★★★★★

30 days and they be petitioned to be removed. I doubt anyone would try that in that alliance. Point is, I don't see the boycott being what they want it to be

You can't use quake with Brute force, you'll degen to death.

So this is exactly why the Corvus method is necessary unfortunately. It is impossible to one shot with a brute force node. Thank you for not pretending that it can be done. Nick Fury can do it potentially but you have to play picture perfect and my best guys can't do it in one shot. I'm talking about people who have completed all the content in game without mercs.

They may of used Nick Fury. We have several new people in my BG so I don't know what the plan will be if it's Thing mini today. If it is, i'll update it with how my BG does it if any different..
    Thanks, the more counters we have available the better.
    @TheTalents so I asked my alliance last night since V3 didn't come up, they also suggested Gwenpool and Namor. They did say Quake as well if you can time the hits so you don't degen. Sounds like still really limited options.

I'm honestly not sure how they take that thing. He usually comes down after I go to sleep. I know we have a few ridiculous quake players that take brute force fights with her in war. They may use her they may not. I know that's who typically gets used for the 1st thing. But yes absolutely people use the corvus timeout. Most don't seem particularly bothered by a potential change from what I've seen.

Do I agree with every decision that gets made on this game? Not remotely. That doesn't mean I'm going to rabble rabble everytime a change is made that negatively affects players. I don't see how anyone can look at that and think it's intended. If it hadn't professed from the point of last resort option to option A most of the time, I'd probably have a lot more issue with whatever potential change may get made.
    My whole thing with the Corvus time out is that the nodes make a lot of players use it. I'm a backup in section one typically so I've taken every node outside of vivified at some point. Vivified, what's yours is mines, I forget the node that you need a weakness debuff but you all know what I'm talking about has too many limited options and way over tuned. So the easiest thing is do the Corvus time out.

I would like to see the changes first before I'm okay with Kabam removing the Corvus timeout method. For the Thing boss my bg uses the Nick Fury plus the Corvus timeout situation but it is impossible to one shot as far as I know. We as players will adjust but its one less than that helps players removed. I'm not against every change either but I still the scales tipped awhile ago on that front.

My whole thing with the Corvus time out is that the nodes make a lot of players use it. I'm a backup in section one typically so I've taken every node outside of vivified at some point. Vivified, what's yours is mines, I forget the node that you need a weakness debuff but you all know what I'm talking about has too many limited options and way over tuned. So the easiest thing is do the Corvus time out.

I would like to see the changes first before I'm okay with Kabam removing the Corvus timeout method. For the Thing boss my bg uses the Nick Fury plus the Corvus timeout situation but it is impossible to one shot as far as I know. We as players will adjust but its one less than that helps players removed. I'm not against every change either but I still the scales tipped awhile ago on that front.
    What's yours is mine can literally be run with any champ and resonate. I run that path myself. That's the easiest thing to do.

What's yours is mine can literally be run with any champ and resonate. I run that path myself. That's the easiest thing to do.
    How many players have resonate unlocked? I do because I bought all the masteries like 3 years ago but still. How about Can't stop won't stop, there are others? I'm not saying the lanes can't be run but overtuned? Very much so. We as players will adjust and make it work, especially map 7x5 guys. Just saying I'm curious to see the changes they'll implement plus they need to remove mighty charge from that Thing boss at minimum.

Good luck then.
    I still can't imagine a normal player will post more than 3K posts in a forum like this, then claim that he is not working for Kabam. 1 minute for a post, it's 50 hours, it's 1 hour per day for almost two months, time of reading post is not included, it could be twice as much as the time of posting.
    Is that a riddle or something? Nothing you just wrote makes any sense. You okay? Need me to call someone? Blink twice if you're in trouble.
    I honestly don't care what you think, the fact is your employer admitted they screwed up already, and they are reviewing their current status, that's a good sign, at the end I still want to see the game surviving.

Oh, wait, you actually posted 7K, wow, impressive, hard worker, keep going.
    @AnotherPool what's my comment history have anything to do with anything? I have a lot of discussions on here. Good, bad or fun back and forths.

You act like this is the first time Kabam has admitted to making a mistake, it's not.

How many players have resonate unlocked? I do because I bought all the masteries like 3 years ago but still. How about Can't stop won't stop, there are others? I'm not saying the lanes can't be run but overtuned? Very much so. We as players will adjust and make it work, especially map 7x5 guys. Just saying I'm curious to see the changes they'll implement plus they need to remove mighty charge from that Thing boss at minimum.
    Yeah I said in my post that a select few paths and fights are definitely overtuned IMO. I just didn't agree with that specific example. CSWS and vivified are probably the only 2 paths I think may justify it. You can overpower CSWS with a few champs. I know at least for the 2nd section you can brute force through it with hype as well.

As far as the masteries, I think a lot more players should invest more heavily in masteries personally. I have most of what's needed unlocked already but whenever they have mastery core sales I still typically buy them just in case the need for one of the few I don't already have comes up. That's exactly how I ended up unlocking resonate when I was asked to run that path for the first time in my current alliance. I had a stash of cores already so just went ahead and unlocked it.
  • KwAmOnKwAmOn Posts: 108
    So here is another "unintented" interaction that should be addressed @Kabam Miike :

I was in AQ Map 7 fighting Thing with R2 6* Nick Fury; I try to take as much as I can out with the Life Model Decoy, before using my real NF. Kinectic Transference pushed Thing to his SP3 just before the fight ends, so he pushes me down to 1% health during the SP3 while the timeout is happening. So, no problem right? Nick would keep his persistent charge, and then on starting the next fight the Real Nick Fury should proc and then get the heal.

Well surprise, my persistent charge was gone, so I didn't get the heal and I was basically dead. I forgot about the penalty completely, and restarted the game; so of course now I am really dead, and have to revive and decently heal. The Real NF mechanic was completetly obliterated.

So, what I can summarize is, any champ with "inmortality" mechanics needs to be revisted in the assesment of options; this does not only apply to Corvus, but also Nick Fury, Hela, Gwenpool on a SP3 during timeout, anyone under the Heimdall synergies, etc. I see where some scenarios could have a window for exploiting them, and the exploit as such should be addressed somehow that does not mean it will just completetly fail and break when it's a clearly stated mechanic of the champion and it's synergies.
  • MenkentMenkent Posts: 889 ★★★★
    I thought they were going to roll this "accident" back? It's been two weeks, at least. Are timeout deaths still a thing?
  • KwAmOnKwAmOn Posts: 108
    Menkent said:

I thought they were going to roll this "accident" back? It's been two weeks, at least. Are timeout deaths still a thing?

Yes they are; no rollback here
  • doctorbdoctorb Posts: 1,710 ★★★
    I hope they get this fix fast. So not a good time for something this big to occur with Black Friday / Cyber Monday deals coming up. So bad timing 🤣
  • DiablordDiablord Posts: 500 ★★★
    doctorb said:

I hope they get this fix fast. So not a good time for something this big to occur with Black Friday / Cyber Monday deals coming up. So bad timing 🤣

don't revive old threads bruv