**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.

AQ Timeout

Comments

• ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★
    Seraph said:

ItsDamien said:

Seraph said:

ItsDamien said:

[Removed by Mod]

You've never worked as a developer have you? Let alone in games development.

Here let me tell you from my 8 years of Games Testing, bugs can occur out of nowhere for no apparent reason. It's not just the game client that is installed on the device that can have an issue, but also server sided issues that aren't installed on your device.

So for one who touts about talking out of one's rear end, you sure do it a lot yourself.

You must have spent those 8 years working for Kabam if you think that's normal.....
    It happens in ALL games companies, and in ALL games. You also have never worked as a developer or in the games industry either have you?
    Simply using caps doesn't validate your comments and you certainly don't have enough experience to make that sort of statement. I can however tell you that in my company, code that is tested and released doesn't simply change behaviour when run in the same set of scenarios as has been described in this thread.
    The code can have unintended interactions depending on a number of variables. Hell, code can have unintended interactions simply due to a date. As someone who's company works with code, you should know that.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,814 ★★★★★
    Seraph said:

ItsDamien said:

Seraph said:

ItsDamien said:

[Removed by Mod]

You've never worked as a developer have you? Let alone in games development.

Here let me tell you from my 8 years of Games Testing, bugs can occur out of nowhere for no apparent reason. It's not just the game client that is installed on the device that can have an issue, but also server sided issues that aren't installed on your device.

So for one who touts about talking out of one's rear end, you sure do it a lot yourself.

You must have spent those 8 years working for Kabam if you think that's normal.....
    It happens in ALL games companies, and in ALL games. You also have never worked as a developer or in the games industry either have you?
    Simply using caps doesn't validate your comments and you certainly don't have enough experience to make that sort of statement. I can however tell you that in my company, code that is tested and released doesn't simply change behaviour when run in the same set of scenarios as has been described in this thread.
    People say this all the time here. "Well my company never has it happen". Good for you. I've played enough games in my life to know that what you said isn't the case. Whether it's pc or mobile, bugs happen.

By the way, is your company a mobile gaming developer who has several titles they work on servicing 100's of millions of people daily?
  • SeraphSeraph Posts: 65
    DarthPhal said:

Complaining that the bug is hindering the Corvus exploit is like complaining that your unemployment check should be higher because you haven’t been declaring all your income.

It may be true but probably not something you’d want to bring up openly. 🤷‍♂️

You’ve obviously not read what Corvus’s sig ability does
  • DarthPhalDarthPhal Posts: 1,064 ★★★★
    Seraph said:

DarthPhal said:

Complaining that the bug is hindering the Corvus exploit is like complaining that your unemployment check should be higher because you haven’t been declaring all your income.

You’ve obviously never seen what happens when they discover an intended ability being used in an unintended way.

Unless you honestly think Kabam intended a champ to be able to cheese its way through map 7.
  • Mirage_TurtleMirage_Turtle Posts: 1,868 ★★★★
    At this point, people are arguing when no one knows for sure if this was intended or not. Hopefully a mod will be along soon to give us some insight as to what is going on. This thread has been moderated, so we know they've seen it.
  • SeraphSeraph Posts: 65
    DarthPhal said:

Seraph said:

DarthPhal said:

You’ve obviously never seen what happens when they discover an intended ability being used in an unintended way.

Unless you honestly think Kabam intended a champ to be able to cheese its way through map 7.
    We’ll see wont we, I think they’ll fix the bug.
  • DarthPhalDarthPhal Posts: 1,064 ★★★★
    Seraph said:

DarthPhal said:

Seraph said:

DarthPhal said:

We’ll see wont we, I think they’ll fix the bug.
    I agree. They will fix the bug.
  • RotellyRotelly Posts: 774 ★★★
    edited May 2020
    @Kabam Rose i noticed you have edited this thread but do you have any comment on the state of this bug?
  • Matimus_13Matimus_13 Posts: 18
    I think some people are missing the point. It’s got nothing to do with CG or AQ it’s every champ. I tested g2099 at 4% heath she didn’t get knocked out.
    Went back in paused straight away at 2%, waited for the timer she was knocked out at 2% I also had heimdall synergy so this is a problem. Someone else in our BG got a KO at 3%
    It is meant to be lose 1/2 health not lose heath but under 4% you get a KO. no info on this no mention just something changed between day 3 and 4.
    The reply from kabam to my ticket was it’s a connection problem which just shows how much they read the forums. The silence is deafening.
  • MR_61088MR_61088 Posts: 195 ★★
    I got knocked out with NF due to a time out on Map 4.
    He was in his first phase at 2% health.
    After a revive he was again in Phase 1 and went into Phase 2 without a problem

Seems strange
  • XygonXygon Posts: 123
    The new AQ has started, and this is very real at this point. I just finished a fight at 22% on CG, and need to know, before I use him next, how much I need to heal him. Without knowledge of the status, we're into AQ blind.
  • JmurphJmurph Posts: 118
    Agreed. Would be nice to know that kabam is aware of the issue and is looking into it.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,814 ★★★★★
    Xygon said:

The new AQ has started, and this is very real at this point. I just finished a fight at 22% on CG, and need to know, before I use him next, how much I need to heal him. Without knowledge of the status, we're into AQ blind.

I'd play like it won't work. If you haven't heard anything about a fix, it's safe to say it's probably not fixed.
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    This is honestly beginning to get stupid, dead silence for a whole day in a massive thread, and I know they’ve been here since they’ve commented on other threads
  • GamerGamer Posts: 9,894 ★★★★★

Hey everybody,

Last night, a change to the fight timeout penalty erroneously went live. Prior to this change, some Champions were able to avoid being knocked out when timing out with very low health.

This change to the Timeout penalty was not intentional at this time, and we’re working to revert it right now. It may not be possible for this to go into effect until this AQ is over though. We apologize for this situation and are evaluating appropriate compensation.

That said, Champions being able to survive a timeout at 1% Health is a bug. This breaks a rule of the structure of the game and needs to be addressed someday.

This was a fix that we were exploring, and was not meant to go live. It was one of a few different solutions we were looking at, and whatever solution we decide to move forward with, we will do it with advanced warnings, proper communication, compensation, and not in the middle of AW/AQ.

To reiterate, we are not rolling with this change at this time, and don’t have a timeline for when we will address this bug or a finalized plan for how.

We don’t think that this timeout play pattern is fun or healthy for the game and want to fix it, but only after we’ve done a deeper dive into where this change will make major impacts, and we also want to address the underlying reasons why a player might choose this way to complete content.

Conversations around this issue are ongoing, and we are working with players as well as the team to address it. We don’t have any more information to share on it at this time but will let you all know when we do and will give plenty of notice before we institute a fix for this bug.

Esay fix I’m can find for you guys no timer at all wil one in AW also make us us offer champions then only the top duck
  • Mcord11758Mcord11758 Posts: 1,249 ★★★★
    So lose half your health ok, for now, survive with 1% a bug. Hmm and if your game crashes mid fight causing the event?
  • Mcord11758Mcord11758 Posts: 1,249 ★★★★
    I agree, eliminate timer and problem solved but be prepared, people will not die.
  • Lvernon15 said:

Also just so you know, if the timer is removed or Corvus can’t do this anymore a lot of the endgame players (me included) will be looking for a cull/namor style thing with Corvus to recover rankup resources and awakening gems, I’m telling you now, if that doesn’t happen the map 7 community is going to be seriously pissed

As we mentioned, we don't know what our solution is right now, and compensation would be included.