**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Domino's interaction 2.0

Earlier I have raised one issue where domino can do critical failure damage to Vision where he don't even have any ability that can fail when she is on Biohazard node .

But now this is another one of dominos ability that I come across when fighting as domino against Ronin boss in June Uncollected EQ 2.1. that metador node is not working as intended
I will try to upload one video when I will do another fight.but if some one is fighting with her against that Ronin plz feel free to upload.

Comments

• Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,763 ★★★★★
    Ability accuracy reduction is the cause here
  • Battle_GreninjaBattle_Greninja Posts: 327 ★★
    edited June 2020

Why?? This is a node not the ability of Ronin.
    And if this is the case then we can't use domino on Matador path or nodes
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    She can fail nodes as well. Just like she can stop spite, or aspect of war, etc...
    Blade does the same thing with danger sense and I assume really any AAR champ can or any champ with assassin active
    What??

Blade does the same thing with danger sense and I assume really any AAR champ can or any champ with assassin active

So we can not use AAR champ on Matador Nodes other wise we will not be able to use special

What??

So we can not use AAR champ on Matador Nodes other wise we will not be able to use special
    There's a possibility to fail the node, yes

What??

There's a possibility to fail the node, yes
    Well played @kabam here well played
  • Cowboyschamploo1Cowboyschamploo1 Posts: 414 ★★★
    Yeah I kept not getting the special the other day against Ronin with Domino
  • Rodomontade_BoiRodomontade_Boi Posts: 1,196 ★★★★
    Yeah I too noticed the matador interaction. Should be fixed ideally
    edited June 2020
    I've noticed that occasionally domino won't gain a bar of power on the account of the opponent using a special attack. I managed to get one instance recorded. Here it is
    https://youtu.be/mxGW2Ucds88
    Keep in mind she Already has a bar of power.
    I hope this is looked into.
  • ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★
    Already been covered in another post. But Domino's AAR can cause Matador to not trigger.

Or. And this is a crazy idea. Use a champ that doesn't have AAR abilities. It's like if I tried using AA against Ronin and complained that the Neuros were preventing Matador. Fight smarter.
    ItsDamien said:

Already been covered in another post. But Domino's AAR can cause Matador to not trigger.

Yeah. Wanted to post a video about it that's why this thread

But that can be disadvantageous to the player. Don't know if this should be the case
    ItsDamien said:

Or. And this is a crazy idea. Use a champ that doesn't have AAR abilities. It's like if I tried using AA against Ronin and complained that the Neuros were preventing Matador. Fight smarter.
    Or maybe I just don't have any champion available at that point who is good enough to take him on and the AAR causes this problem?

ItsDamien said:

Or maybe I just don't have any champion available at that point who is good enough to take him on and the AAR causes this problem?
    He has power shield. Literally any champ with any decent SP2 can beat him. It's a 400% increase. It's not hard to use literally any of the other 4 champs that you'd take into that quest.
  • RiderofHellRiderofHell Posts: 4,399 ★★★★★
    Nothing more satisfying then corvus killing him with an sp2 lol

ItsDamien said:

Yeah. Wanted to post a video about it that's why this thread

But that can be disadvantageous to the player. Don't know if this should be the case
    If this wasn't the case she also wouldn't fail nodes like brawl, aspect of war, or spite which are interactions we definitely want. Just pick another champ or deal with the interaction

Nothing more satisfying then corvus killing him with an sp2 lol

Yep agreed. My recently R2 6* Corvus deals about 150k on that SP2, no suicides.
  • Hey there, just to confirm for everyone, Domino can prevent nodes with her ability accuracy reduction and this appears to be working properly here.
    edited June 2020

Hey there, just to confirm for everyone, Domino can prevent nodes with her ability accuracy reduction and this appears to be working properly here.

Then why can't she gain power from hitting as she would do normally if she is failing node. Plz clarify

I understand that I enjoyed when she did fail that safeguard so I m just asking if she is failing node and that's great so she should also gain power normally when failing matador node.
    Knation said:

When she fails the node she gains power from hits normally at least that was the case with corvus and the 6:4:5 adaptoid

No she wasn't gaining any power when failing node even to test that out I took whole sp1.
  • RU11011RU11011 Posts: 880 ★★★★
    I also want to add that Ronin's Demon Stance has some % of AAR, which could prevent the node from activating as well.
  • Sensei_MaatSensei_Maat Posts: 396 ★★★

Hey there, just to confirm for everyone, Domino can prevent nodes with her ability accuracy reduction and this appears to be working properly here.

Then why can't she gain power from hitting as she would do normally if she is failing node. Plz clarify

I understand that I enjoyed when she did fail that safeguard so I m just asking if she is failing node and that's great so she should also gain power normally when failing matador node.
    no because when she hits him she doesnt gain power the node doesnt fail. as its not the opponents ability accuracy affected there it is hers.
    but but when the opponent fires his special the reduction to his ability accuracy causes the nod to fail and becuase it fails she does not gain power.

the node works in two way.
    on hit dominos power gain is prevented, reducing ronins AAR will not stop this as its based on her AAR.
    on ronins special gain power is given to domino, reduction to ronins AAR can cause this part to fail.

like it or not it is what it is.
    and the way these interactions work allows us to have many more that work in our favor then work against us.

What u say about this
    https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/175598/dominos-critical-failure-and-vision-aou#latest
  • MostWantedMostWanted Posts: 351 ★★

Why?? This is a node not the ability of Ronin.
    And if this is the case then we can't use domino on Matador path or nodes
    The node provides an additional ability to Ronin. Domino can reduce that new ability.