**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Domino's Critical failure and Vision AOU

In this month's eq chapter 2 first quest with CMM as boss there is a domino on biohazard path. As of my understanding critical failure only happens when any ability fails to activate but whatever Vision do he do that 100% means there is no chance of any abilities to do not active then why he is taking Critical failure damage. Can any one explain this to me or I m not understanding her or his mechanism.

Comments

• TerraTerra Posts: 8,002 ★★★★★
    edited December 2019
    Vision is immune to biohazards effect (poison/bleed) And since that doesn't apply, Domino's crit failure takes it as a thing coming from her, and you take damage because of this. I think so anyway
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    Basic attacks shouldn’t crit fail, but your specials still can die to her aar
  • Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    I think Mordo is the only champ with AAR immunity and 100% abilities everywhere (so long as you only use L2). I don’t have a playable-level Mordo to really test this but I’m probably gonna r3 a 5* whenever I get him to be my tricky-noded Dom counter. Obviously he won’t work with BH, but just sharing.
  • Battle_GreninjaBattle_Greninja Posts: 327 ★★

Domino reduces your aar, so absolutely can any of his abilities fail and result in crit failure.

As of my knowledge vision has no % mentioned on any of his ability other then specials
    Lvernon15 said:

Basic attacks shouldn’t crit fail, but your specials still can die to her aar

Her and mine both basic attacks doing crit failure
    How do I post a video of that fight
    Terra said:

Vision is immune to biohazards effect (poison/bleed) And since that doesn't apply, Domino's crit failure takes it as a thing coming from her, and you take damage because of this. I think so anyway

That is her ability failing to apply that also result in crit failure ??
  • Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★

I think Mordo is the only champ with AAR immunity and 100% abilities everywhere (so long as you only use L2). I don’t have a playable-level Mordo to really test this but I’m probably gonna r3 a 5* whenever I get him to be my tricky-noded Dom counter. Obviously he won’t work with BH, but just sharing.

Mysterio works fine as well. Plus he's tech, he never gets unlucky
    That’s right. I guess he would work a good bit better.
  • DshuDshu Posts: 1,503 ★★★★
    If you have the perfect block mastery that can fail. Parry can fail. Crit mastery can fail on attacks. All of these things built into your mastery setup can cause crit failure when fighting domino
    So to fight domino with minimum chances of critical failure one must use either AAR immunity or remove all points from mastery.

So to fight domino with minimum chances of critical failure one must use either AAR immunity or remove all points from mastery.

Critical failure normally wont kill you if you use a tech champ. It's like fighting electro you just need to plan for the alt damage. If you have gladiator hulk he is a great counter for her since crit failure triggers faceme
  • DarkEternityDarkEternity Posts: 784 ★★★★

@Hammerbro_64 OML also has immunity to AAR (as well as AA) making him a great Domino counter
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,762 ★★★★★

@Hammerbro_64 OML also has immunity to AAR (as well as AA) making him a great Domino counter
    Both still have abilities that can fail to proc, so they will still take critical failure every once in a while

Be aware that using aa or oml can cause her to gain power if or more likely when since ai abilities proc more often and she sheds the bleed
  • theMercenarytheMercenary Posts: 643 ★★★
    It’s always been mystery fighting against domino. So just let go. And why y’all want to solve crit failure problem? Are you guys in war or something she hits 600-800 energy damage at best. Just a little tickle.
  • KaruseusKaruseus Posts: 528 ★★
    Use OML he is immune ot AAR
    edited December 2019

It’s always been mystery fighting against domino. So just let go. And why y’all want to solve crit failure problem? Are you guys in war or something she hits 600-800 energy damage at best. Just a little tickle.

The point is why she is that much bugged without any clarity how can I deal with her.
    All you guys mentioned counters like
    IMIW, OML, AA also be aware there is Biohazard node on top of domino.
    So this is not about solving any mystery this is about how to go past her without getting yourself killed or at half health.because after her there is still 6 champs you need to defeat and all of them have biohazard.
    I know some of you guys may have stacked roster with all kind of utilities but I have just started building my roster and still depends on 4* for that kind of utility.
    And my only chance against her is vision AOU that's why I asked that question.
    Keep in mind you don't need duel immunity champs for biohazard. The poison only comes into play when attacking into the block. If you have bleed immunity or reduced bleed potency like omega red and oml they can handle the lane. Maybe post a pic of your roster and people can be of more assistance
  • OnmixOnmix Posts: 508 ★★★
    AA, Mephisto, OML, Mysterio, Mordo all have AAR immunity but that means nothing if not read carefully.

Domino at the start of the fight reduces every ability chance to trigger by 15% (whoever is immune can bypass this)
    Whenever ANY ability fails to trigger you degen.
    If you have 100% chance but are affected by the 15% mentioned above you degen.
    If you have less than 100% you can degen any moment don’t matter her AAR OR your immunity. Wether you are immune or not doesn’t matter if your procing chance is below 100%. Being immune just means it won’t go down further not that said ability can’t fail to trigger.
    If you have 100% on an ability and are AAR immune you’re safe.
    Dshu said:

Keep in mind you don't need duel immunity champs for biohazard. The poison only comes into play when attacking into the block. If you have bleed immunity or reduced bleed potency like omega red and oml they can handle the lane. Maybe post a pic of your roster and people can be of more assistance

That thing actually worked for me suggested by my ally leader I used the thing and countered her heavy with mine heavies and killed her without that much of critical failure.
    But still her interaction on biohazard against Vision is confusing and don't feel correct.

Dshu said:

That thing actually worked for me suggested by my ally leader I used the thing and countered her heavy with mine heavies and killed her without that much of critical failure.
    But still her interaction on biohazard against Vision is confusing and don't feel correct.
    Glad it worked out for you. In the future when you get stuck on something or it doesn't make sense please try to post a pic of the fight with nodes and your champs. It makes it much easier for people to give you insight into what is happening and how to best counter it. Not sure where in the game you are but expect to see more funky interactions as you progress and hit up the forum for tips and tricks to beat it.
    edited December 2019
    Dshu said:

Glad it worked out for you. In the future when you get stuck on something or it doesn't make sense please try to post a pic of the fight with nodes and your champs. It makes it much easier for people to give you insight into what is happening and how to best counter it

I mentioned that interaction is from this month's Event quest uncollected chapter 2 first quest with CMM as boss there is a biohazard noded lane.
    Dshu said:

Not sure where in the game you are but expect to see more funky interactions as you progress and hit up the forum for tips and tricks to beat it.

I m stuck in act 5 chapter 3.i don't come to forum that much but would like to come more if people like you can give more insight on mechanics of such champs.

Dshu said:

Please tell me why then. Vision, considering domino's innate aar and your masteries, has several abilities to fail.
    I m trying to understand that fact but I think my mind don't want accept that fact.

With mastery and and by there own stats each champ in the game has some critical hit rating means chance to hit opponent with a critical hit and if that champ does not hit with a critical hit domino may take that as a critical failure

Err... Wait... No. Critical hits do not count as an ability in that sense.

For vision aou, masteries aside, his power drain/burn on specials and his power steal through his sig can fail.

Then how come he is taking damage on basic hits he does not have any ability associated with his basic attacks

Can you teach me how to upload a video here
  • EdeuinkEdeuink Posts: 1,263 ★★★★
    edited December 2019

Then how come he is taking damage on basic hits he does not have any ability associated with his basic attacks

I believe domino can fail your masteries, if you gave something like resonate.