**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Slow Debuff vs 6.2 Champion

JDunk2291JDunk2291 Posts: 464 ★★
edited July 2020 in Bugs and Known Issues
I Was using Spider Gwen for the Champion boss fight...inflicted a Slow debuff but yet The Champion is Still Triggering Unstoppable. I just went through 2 different paths(Abomination path and the Dormammu path) in 1 Go just to fight a Suped Up Bugged Boss. All of the time and Resources used and I get this far. For nothing... This makes me very uneasy and angry. Im Sorry I have no photo or video.. I was so stunned and flustered that it didnt register to screen shot it.

Comments

• Options
    Mirage_TurtleMirage_Turtle Posts: 1,868 ★★★★
    JDunk2291 said:

I Was using Spider Gwen for the Champion boss fight...inflicted a Slow debuff but yet The Champion is Still Triggering Unstoppable. I just went through 2 different paths(Abomination path and the Dormammu path) in 1 Go just to fight a Suped Up Bugged Boss. All of the time and Resources used and I get this far. For nothing... This makes me very uneasy and angry. Im Sorry I have no photo or video.. I was so stunned and flustered that it didnt register to screen shot it.

The Champion boss in 6.2 considers every opponent he faces a "Champion of the Universe", giving him some considerable stat boosts. One of these boosts is an increase to Ability triggers. I believe it's at least 25%. This means that while Spider-Gwen's slow reduces Unstoppable triggers by 100%, he actually has a 125% chance to trigger them, meaning it's still possible to trigger Unstoppable buffs even when inflicted with a slow debuff.
  • Options
    GhostboytjieGhostboytjie Posts: 2,206 ★★★★★
    even if he GETS unstopabble and the SLOW debuff is active you can still normally hit him.
  • Options

even if he GETS unstopabble and the SLOW debuff is active you can still normally hit him.

Nah that's not the case...I got wrecked
  • Options
    When inflicted with a slow debuff the opponent Cannot active an unstoppable buff...its not supposed to happen..period
  • Options
    EdeuinkEdeuink Posts: 1,263 ★★★★
    JDunk2291 said:

When inflicted with a slow debuff the opponent Cannot active an unstoppable buff...its not supposed to happen..period

No. Slow debuffs cause -100% evade and unstoppable ability accuracy. The 6.2 champion has more than 100% ability accuracy because he considers everyone he fights a champion of the universe.
  • Options
    This has never been the case before. I've already cleared this quest with spider gwen and it took some time... but never before has the champion activated unstoppable while a slow debuff was inflicted. Never
  • Options
    I'd like to hear from team Kabam about this...lets get some clarity please
  • Options
    Mirage_TurtleMirage_Turtle Posts: 1,868 ★★★★
    I got a few disagrees but no one posting any evidence to the contrary. With a little more research, I maintain that what I posted was correct, but there IS a bug here:

First, Champion has a natural ability that reads as follows:

When fighting "the Greatest Fighters", his buffs get a flat +25% ability accuracy. This means that with Slow's -100% reduction to Unstoppable, Unstoppable buffs would still have a 25% chance to trigger (125%-100%=25%). Remember, the 6.2.6 Champion considers all attackers to be among the "Greatest Fighters" so he'll always have this boost.

HOWEVER, it appears that there is a bug that is causing Champion to have 200%+ ability accuracy on his Unstoppable Buffs, meaning it'll trigger every time even thought it should only trigger 1/4 of the time. This is based on numerous threads in the last few months:

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/comment/1284350#Comment_1284350

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/comment/1280323#Comment_1280323

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/comment/1263469#Comment_1263469

From where I sit, it does appear to be a bug that should be looked at. Champion should have a chance to trigger Unstoppable when inflicted with a Slow debuff, but he shouldn't trigger it every time.
  • Options
    CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    The Power stone Champion in 6.2.6 is 60%, just sayin.