**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Hulkbuster not working according to description

HB’s description states that, unless playing against cosmic, for each armor up he gains -25% damage from poison or bleed. That's not working. Damage is maintained.

Comments

• Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    Evidence?
  • paulosrmpaulosrm Posts: 29
    Test it for yourself... Any game mode. Put on suicides and check it. It's a fast way.
    paulosrm said:

Test it for yourself... Any game mode. Put on suicides and check it. It's a fast way.

They said it doesn’t work for suicides
    Not on the description. They should change the description, then... Where did "they" say it?
  • PHJfinPHJfin Posts: 60
    That's why suicides are prompted as "Liquid Courage" and "Double Edge" as soon as you start match, unless you're immune. Guess it says so on pause screen too, can't remember.
    That doesn't make sense. Did you make this up? Both work well with Omega red, OML and any other champion that has bleed or poison damage reduction...
    Liquid courage description also states that it's "a poison debuf". Anyway, I'm just reporting a bug here. HB could be a nice addition to my roster, but he's gonna stay on the bench.
    Any actual response on this? Anyone else tested it?
    Kabam specifically stated somewhere on the forums it doesn’t work for suicides, I don’t know the thread but I remember seeing it, I’m assuming it’s his spotlight though
    Well, this is the kind of things that should be on the description, not on a random post on the forum. So, it's still not working according to the description... It's a bug.
    Still not acknowledged
    BTW, here is his spotlight: https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/205418/champion-spotlight-hulkbuster#latest

It doesn't mention suicides. So... Any real answer here?
    Any idea here? Will this be acknowledged?
  • VoltolosVoltolos Posts: 1,120 ★★★
    It says "incoming" bleeds and posions so its probably because the bleed and posion start at the same time as the armor
    Thank you for your reply, but it still doesn't make sense. Every debuff is "incoming". I'm glad you guys are replying, but it still seems bugged. Any official response on this?
    Still the same
  • Bidzy7Bidzy7 Posts: 369 ★★★
    The Armor buff is applied at the same time as the suicides hence why no reduction. The Armor buff only affects incoming bleeds and poisons, which means bleeds and poisons applied after the armor up buff. Every mechanic that applies at the start of the fight is activated at the same time. This was why Nick fury synergy was purifying both bleed and poison. This is also why on Buffet if you take Corvus in he loses both true damage and cruelty buffs because they proc at the same time.

So this is why its happening. Whether this was intended I do not know but others have suggested that Kabam have addressed this already, stating suicides would not be reduced. If they could link to the post stating this it would be helpful
  • LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★
    paulosrm said:

Thank you for your reply, but it still doesn't make sense. Every debuff is "incoming". I'm glad you guys are replying, but it still seems bugged. Any official response on this?

According to hulkbusters description this seems to be working as intended. In order to get the potency reduction you have to have the armor up BEFORE the bleed takes effect. Since you do not have an armor up before DE takes effect you do not get a decreased in potency.