**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

Can't enter the game (player from China)

I am a player in China. Starting at around 3 AM EDT July 16th, I was unable to enter the game with either Wifi or cellular. There is an icon of a bad connection at the right bottom corner of the login screen before the system informs me that there's a "problem connecting to network" preventing successful login. However, all my other games run perfectly well as unaffected, and my network is proven to be perfectly fine when I do other things on a computer. PLEASE solve this problem so that I can be back in the game.

Also, when I had access to the game before the problem arose, I always had a problem when doing incursions. Every time when a zone is completed I would make a decision with my teammate about whether to start a new zone or to conclude. But every time I was stuck at the decision-making step until I quitted the app and relaunched.

I have posted the following information in the IOS problem thread, just putting it here for your convenience:

In-Game Name: Wanderer James
Device and Model: iPhone 7 plus
Device Operating System: IOS 13.5.1
Cellular or WiFi: The issue happens when using both Wifi and cellular data. The carrier of my cellular is Chinaunicom
Game Version Installed: 27.2.0
Game Mode: problem in logging in to the game and during incursions
«1

Comments

  • WandererJamesWandererJames Posts: 9

    also here is what the login screen shows
  • mydnightmydnight Posts: 671 ★★★
  • NeXt3nNeXt3n Posts: 21
    edited July 2020
    Hey, I have the same problem (living in China also), but you can solve it by using a VPN.

    Best regards
  • WingzeroWingzero Posts: 7
    the Game is approved in China and get license, why we cannot connect now? Why no any offcial reply to this? It has been two days now. Is it form China GFW to ban this or this is Kabam's issue?

    As I understand NetEase is the partner in China, why no response as well?
  • mydnightmydnight Posts: 671 ★★★
    I think Kabam has essentially turned off the game for China, like they did on April 10 or so for the day of mourning.
    NeXt3n said:

    Hey, I have the same problem (living in China also), but you can solve it by using a VPN.

    Best regards

    Which VPN? Mine doesn't work at all.
  • WingzeroWingzero Posts: 7
    Now by using a VPN service, I am able to play again. It looks like the China GFW has blocked MOC. Now the question is, why? If it's about 'global game server', then either NetEase publish iOS Server in China. But what about the money we have spent on? If like android version there is a Chinese domestic server, then we will demand Kabam do the same for iOS, and let our account transfer to China server.
  • mydnightmydnight Posts: 671 ★★★
    Similar to the day in April this year where kabam honored the Chinese "day of mourning," I am unable to connect to the game at all. Unlike last time, I cannot even get in with my VPN either.

    Can we just get a clear answer on if the game is completely turned off for China region players, please? Hundreds of alliances are being affected, again, and there's no answer from kabam.

    To continue playing this game as is, it's going to cost me 100 bucks for a better VPN. Since I'm free to play, I don't see this as any difference from buying units. Don't want to do it.

    https://youtu.be/rhAqCFtzB1c

  • mydnightmydnight Posts: 671 ★★★
    I did write a ticket. An absolutely useless endeavor.
  • WandererJamesWandererJames Posts: 9
    Wingzero said:

    Now by using a VPN service, I am able to play again. It looks like the China GFW has blocked MOC. Now the question is, why? If it's about 'global game server', then either NetEase publish iOS Server in China. But what about the money we have spent on? If like android version there is a Chinese domestic server, then we will demand Kabam do the same for iOS, and let our account transfer to China server.

    Hi would you tell which VPN are you using? Thank you.
  • mydnightmydnight Posts: 671 ★★★
    I'm free to play. I don't see any difference from spending on a new VPN and buying units. My old VPN works fine with everything else. Which one did u use?
  • Sentinel7Sentinel7 Posts: 3
    I haven't been able to log in as well, and it's been three days now. This is frustrating as I have subscriptions that I have to redeem daily.
  • TelmaraelTelmarael Posts: 40
    edited July 2020
    I could connect with my vpn a day ago maybe for 5-10 minutes, alteast I was able to collect the calendar rewards and more around in aq. now it's completely shut down
    GIVE US A RESPONSE, PLEASE, STOP CLOSING THE THREADS! Some people here are not free to play, and our time and money investment is being wasted. Don't go silent, we need to know what's happening! All of us, I suppose, have alliances here, in which we can't do anything and probably going to lose them cause of that. Is that your servers? Or Chinese government messing with the firewall?
  • Sentinel7Sentinel7 Posts: 3
    I haven't been able to log in for three days as well, and it's frustrating that there hasn't been any response to this issue. I can't redeem my daily subscriptions.
  • WingzeroWingzero Posts: 7
    it is blocked in China for sure. Using a VPN can login as a workaround, but yes it's a disaster now. I would ask for refund now.
  • WingzeroWingzero Posts: 7
    any

    Wingzero said:

    Now by using a VPN service, I am able to play again. It looks like the China GFW has blocked MOC. Now the question is, why? If it's about 'global game server', then either NetEase publish iOS Server in China. But what about the money we have spent on? If like android version there is a Chinese domestic server, then we will demand Kabam do the same for iOS, and let our account transfer to China server.

    Hi would you tell which VPN are you using? Thank you.
    Any VPN that works in China to access goog/FB can do it. Don't use something like game speed up service, it won't work.
  • XniggXnigg Posts: 12
    Wingzero said:

    it is blocked in China for sure. Using a VPN can login as a workaround, but yes it's a disaster now. I would ask for refund now.

    You should ask CCP to refund but not kabam . Kabam never block you !

  • WingzeroWingzero Posts: 7
    Telmarael said:

    I could connect with my vpn a day ago maybe for 5-10 minutes, alteast I was able to collect the calendar rewards and more around in aq. now it's completely shut down
    GIVE US A RESPONSE, PLEASE, STOP CLOSING THE THREADS! Some people here are not free to play, and our time and money investment is being wasted. Don't go silent, we need to know what's happening! All of us, I suppose, have alliances here, in which we can't do anything and probably going to lose them cause of that. Is that your servers? Or Chinese government messing with the firewall?

    from the observation, it's about the China GFW. My theory is because iOS is 'global game server', while on Android, Netease has a domestic server.
  • WandererJamesWandererJames Posts: 9
    Wingzero said:

    any

    Wingzero said:

    Now by using a VPN service, I am able to play again. It looks like the China GFW has blocked MOC. Now the question is, why? If it's about 'global game server', then either NetEase publish iOS Server in China. But what about the money we have spent on? If like android version there is a Chinese domestic server, then we will demand Kabam do the same for iOS, and let our account transfer to China server.

    Hi would you tell which VPN are you using? Thank you.
    Any VPN that works in China to access goog/FB can do it. Don't use something like game speed up service, it won't work.
    OK thanks I'll give it a try
  • WingzeroWingzero Posts: 7
    Xnigg said:

    Wingzero said:

    it is blocked in China for sure. Using a VPN can login as a workaround, but yes it's a disaster now. I would ask for refund now.

    You should ask CCP to refund but not kabam . Kabam never block you !

    I'm not saying Kabam particularly, but who are responsible. MCOC has license in China already. If Netease/Kabam knows it's illegal to have global server in China, they shouldn't do this in the first place.

    MCOC Android in China has domestic server for a long time, and Netease/Kabam didn't do the same thing for iOS. This doesn't make sense right? IMO Netease is playing fire for sure.
  • TelmaraelTelmarael Posts: 40
    I have a VPN that easily accesses google resources\fb and all that jazz. Can't access the games that GFW has blocked. Like that seven deadly sins game. Is it the same issue here now?
  • MokkieMokkie Posts: 95
    Hi Kabam,

    Apparently Mcoc cannot log in into China network.

    Can you guys follow this up and resolve this please? Running Map 7 day 5 here...not the best delay.

    Thanks.
  • TelmaraelTelmarael Posts: 40
    Right now I've been able to log in for 2 mintues. Picked up the rewards\calendar, and rushed to help in AQ. Got disconnected in the middle of a fight.
  • FoleaduFoleadu Posts: 4
    Same experience as Telmarael above. A VPN was mildly successful in early morning here, but not now.
  • mydnightmydnight Posts: 671 ★★★
    We need a response. I'm absolutely sure someone knows what's going on, but isn't sharing. It's in the middle of AQ and AW seasons now. The lack of communication on a subject affecting so many is as horrible as the new AQ modifiers.
  • mydnightmydnight Posts: 671 ★★★
    I had to bite the bullet and upgrade my VPN to get in. Do not discuss such things here as it's sure to be picked up by certain hostile governments.

    PM me in LINE if you want details.
  • GiganteaGigantea Posts: 111
    Similar issue here.
  • TelmaraelTelmarael Posts: 40
    Alright, people, unfortunately I have to bring the bad news to you: mcoc has most likely been banned in PRC. After seeing so many people over both platforms report the same issue, and also asking my friends in China to connect to the game without a vpn - the game is clearly blocked by the Chinese side. A good stable proxy server indeed allows you to access the game - did for me and my friends here at least. So if you live in China and haven’t considered doing so before, it’s a good time to get yourself a good vpn/proxy to play mcoc. If your current one doesn’t allow you to access the servers - consult with your provider...
  • 4cyke4cyke Posts: 43
    edited July 2020
    how do you ppl know it's not kbm instead of prc?
    after all they never bother to fix incursion for cn players.

    and it seems the problem is not limited to cn players , some indian players are affected ,too.

    all the money they got from july 4th can't be spent on better servers , huh?
  • NeXt3nNeXt3n Posts: 21
    Incursion working in China with a VPN btw :D;)
  • 4cyke4cyke Posts: 43
    NeXt3n said:

    Incursion working in China with a VPN btw :D;)

    so does op's problem.
    but that's not the point, isn't it?
Sign In or Register to comment.