**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Pure skill

Its been months since levels 4 and 5 of Pure skill do nothing. @Kabam Miike, please provide an update on this mastery.

Comments

• I know I would love an update on the Pure Skill mastery. I spent a lot to get it.
  • MadMarksMadMarks Posts: 155
    Topside still waiting on my tool bag. . . . . Refund me please.
  • 313rd313rd Posts: 158
    Thank you for not letting this die. All we mostly asking for at this point is an update???????
  • Months of silence is update enough, they are planning and doing as much as they are saying.

It's time for refunds, we've been very patient.
  • Draco2199Draco2199 Posts: 803 ★★★
    Its been months since levels 4 and 5 of Pure skill do nothing. @Kabam Miike, please provide an update on this mastery.

It's working as intended and actually better than before. Just max to 3 points and you save 2 points!
  • Draco2199 wrote: »

It's working as intended and actually better than before. Just max to 3 points and you save 2 points!

But what about the many units already spent on those two points that we now get to "save"?

Is that was intended, to sell 5 points and only have 3 of them do anything?
  • 313rd313rd Posts: 158
    Draco2199 wrote: »

Got to be kidding
  • CapWW2CapWW2 Posts: 2,901 ★★★★
    We need compensation for scouter lens and pure skills, this is outrageous kabam, very sad!
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,193 ★★★★★
    313rd wrote: »

Got to be kidding

Not kidding. The Mastery operates by ignoring Armor. Since that can't go into the negatives now, the efficiency is Maxing out with R3 and in some cases, R4 as with HB who has higher than usual Armor. That, in combination with the new DR System, is the reason that the difference is so extreme. Technically, the full effect is being reached at about R3, but that won't translate to the full effect that was seen pre-12.0 either way.
  • New_Noob168New_Noob168 Posts: 1,562 ★★★★
    I honestly feel a bit "ripped off" since i bought it up to level 5 also. Not a good company
  • Jon8299Jon8299 Posts: 1,067 ★★★
    Wait, I thought Pure Skill never went into the negative, this was from a discussion in the old forum, which is applied first and what happens after was what the discussion was about. Pure Skill and Pierce I think we're the ones being questioned, I forget what the answer was cause it was a very detailed answer.
    Jon8299 wrote: »
    Wait, I thought Pure Skill never went into the negative, this was from a discussion in the old forum, which is applied first and what happens after was what the discussion was about. Pure Skill and Pierce I think we're the ones being questioned, I forget what the answer was cause it was a very detailed answer.

Before Flat Values, it operated through reducing Armor. Now it operates through ignoring Armor. There is also less Armor to ignore now. In a nutshell, you can't ignore 0 Armor. It's reaching its full potential in the current meta at R3/R4.
    So anyone who has maxed Pure Skill and Pierce would be better off using the 4 extra points (2 from each) to put into what? Deep Wounds? Lesser Precision? Assassin? or something else?
  • DaMunkDaMunk Posts: 1,883 ★★★★
    edited September 2017
    Pierce and pure skill are worthless now no matter how many points you put into them. To say it works better than before is just wrong. It used to do extra damage now it barely does any even if it's maxed. That's why people want a refund. The argument that it works better now is pure ****...talking about two different things at this point. People bought one thing and it was replaced with something completely different and lackluster.
    Who wants to spend a hundred dollars for 8 extra damage points per crit?
  • DaMunkDaMunk Posts: 1,883 ★★★★
    Jon8299 wrote: »
    So anyone who has maxed Pure Skill and Pierce would be better off using the 4 extra points (2 from each) to put into what? Deep Wounds? Lesser Precision? Assassin? or something else?

Yes
  • 313rd wrote: »

Got to be kidding

Not kidding. The Mastery operates by ignoring Armor. Since that can't go into the negatives now, the efficiency is Maxing out with R3 and in some cases, R4 as with HB who has higher than usual Armor. That, in combination with the new DR System, is the reason that the difference is so extreme. Technically, the full effect is being reached at about R3, but that won't translate to the full effect that was seen pre-12.0 either way.

So why is it right for Kabam to retain units or loyalty used to acquire levels 4&5 when they do not function the same as they did at the time they were acquired ? (assuming that time was pre-12.0)

Got to be kidding

So why is it right for Kabam to retain units or loyalty used to acquire levels 4&5 when they do not function the same as they did at the time they were acquired ? (assuming that time was pre-12.0)

Maybe they want to undue some changes from 12.0 but can't figure out how.

Got to be kidding

I didn't comment on what needs to be done. I addressed the mechanics of it.
  • 313rd wrote: »

Got to be kidding

I didn't say you said what needs to be done, I asked why it was right for Kabam to retain units or loyalty used to acquire levels 4&5 when they do not function the same as they did at the time they were acquired ?

Or do you not think it's right at all?

Got to be kidding

I didn't say you said what needs to be done, I asked why it was right for Kabam to retain units or loyalty used to acquire levels 4&5 when they do not function the same as they did at the time they were acquired ?

Or do you not think it's right at all?

If you're looking for me to say it's wrong, that's not how my thoughts operate.
  • King_turd123King_turd123 Posts: 156
    edited September 2017
    I was just looking for an answer to a question is all, it could be yes it's right or no its wrong or you could simply have no clue
  • Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    What about the extra armor provided through AW boosted nodes? R3 covers the "typical" armor faced, but AW defense and some quests have boosted armor where the R4 and R5 would be needed.

So if you have PS R5, it essentially operates as an R3 unless the defender is boosted.
  • Mobius360Mobius360 Posts: 69
    It's beyond time to simply change this mastery.

The way armor works now post 12.0 is what it is. The mastery doesn't work as originally intended. Why is it so difficult to come up with something new and useful?

Pure Skill was intended to max out at 5 points and it used to be an awesome addition to the skill class. I ran it maxed for a long time, I remember how good it was then and what a waste of resources it is now.

If this was the mystic mastery that was broken a ton more people would raise hell about it.

We just want an update @Kabam Miike or anyone else from Kabam
  • rwhackrwhack Posts: 1,047 ★★★
    edited September 2017

This thread pops up weekly. No one ever had an update. I'll do it for everyone:

Hey everyone. I know a lot of you spent money and resources and even built part of your roster on Pure Skill. We appreciate that it generated revenue for us and I hope you enjoyed it while it was useful. It never will be again. Well, maybe when bases comes out. Hey, just kidding, that's out too. We said we were looking into it months ago and hoped that people would forget about it. Our mistake..hope this clears it up.

It's funny because it's true.
  • I don't want an update, I had one months ago. In exchange for this update were months of patience spent waiting for the developers to do something or anything besides a billion gold bug and a 5* punisher that got pulled 70 times in one hour with no posts but 2 get pulled weeks later after maintenance and poof! he's on social media.

What I want, What others will likely happily accept, is a refund of the units and or loyalty that is effectively WASTED on pure skills level 4&5.
  • SvainSvain Posts: 453 ★★
    The silence is defaning... Seriously @Kabam Miike an update or a statement would be appreciated. Or just issue refunds already
  • bigmull1bigmull1 Posts: 45
    Almost 6 months now... Sigh. Guys, we are not going to get an update. They can change the game anytime they want and they have other things to do besides worry about a feature they already made money on. I have Pure Skill unlocked and enjoyed it while it worked. I also spent money obtaining, ranking, awakening and increasing the sig levels of SL, Strange, Widow, Witch and Thor. They don't work the same either. Their true colors are here for us to see. This is my white flag. I surrender to the thought that nothing will be done to correct the Pure Skill debacle.

I'm glad someone is still trying to bring it to their attention, I just feel it is now a lost cause.
  • Viper1987Viper1987 Posts: 728 ★★★
    Nobody ever holds Kabam accountable for their actions. We just keep opening that wallet (I've been guilty of it, too). But money is the only thing they respond to. If you stop spending, they will fix things. But right now, they mess something up, then throw out an offer and say "Look something shiny" then laugh when everyone buys it and forgets about the issues. I mean I still tried to fight for some type of compensation for the whole 12.0 debacle that everyone forgot about. I can't believe people forgot about all the lagging, the crashes, the item usage, the screwed up mechanics (still waiting on parry timing to go back to normal), and just the lack of info that we still don't have to this day. Just resign. They don't care. I understand things take time and they have to discuss, but 6 months? Really? Come on.