Options

Game input freezes but the game keeps going.

I reported this to Kabam back on May 19th. Nothing has been fixed, in fact it's got worse.

My game input keeps freezing. The game itself keeps going, but nothing I do affects what my champion does.This can last anywhere from a fraction of a second to about 5 seconds. In the first case, that often breaks my combo (so the defender then hits back and wipes me out), breaks my block or parry, prevents or changes timing on an evade, or prevents use of a special. In the second case that can lead to my champion standing there, not blocking, and so getting wiped out (or missing a chance when the defender is stunned) - or even worse running directly at the defender as I desperately press anything trying to get it to stop or block or dash back or punch.

It does seem like the input starts to work AFTER the defender hits me, but I can't be sure; it also seems like sometimes the last few inputs I did before it unfroze then get carried out afterwards, but again I can't be sure.

Sometimes the game starts to run slowly at the same time, sometimes not.

At first it was just occasionally, maybe 1-3 times a day, starting about May 9th, after the update. Now it has got worse and worse and happens regularly (multiple times a day) in AQ, Monthly and Story Events, Arena - every fight I do can be a problem. Heck, it may even happen in maps and menus, hard to tell, though that could be something else. It happens with any and all of my champs. It may happen more often with certain defenders, but I'm not sure, and it's certainly not ONLY with them. No boosts involved.

In 3 months it has cost me countless fights across countless areas, and who knows how many potions, buffs, and rewards. I know for sure that I failed to complete some of the harder monthly Epic or Herald levels because of this, and the Story Quest levels - sometimes I still haven't to this day, sometimes I spent a bunch of potions and buffs fixing it.

I'm not the only person - one of my teammates regularly has had the smaller (but still really awful) problems, with his combos/blocks/parries/evades broken, and three others have had it a few times that I know of.

I've recorded hundreds of fights and analysed them but somehow never catching a really obvious case, a case that showed it clearly - till now. Here it is, incontrovertible proof that the game has a huge problem. See the attached video.

https://youtu.be/VRHGHgvQwhA

Note that there's a little grey circle where I'm pressing.

Contrast about 00:01 (ie 1 second in) when I successfully block, vs 00:06 when I'm pressing on the left but nothing happens - no block, nothing, and I get hammered .
(Sorry about the pause at 00:18, that was so I could definitely find it again)
But the real deal, the unmissable one happens at 00:20. - note me desperately pressing on the right, over and over, but the champion just doesn't move for the entire length of the stun, until about 00:24 - ie 3 or 4 seconds. And even after that, no movement or blocking seems to happen.

Kabam, you need to fix this. And then you owe me some serious recompense for all the potions I've spent, rewards I've missed, movement I've had to use to replay events, etc.

@Kabam Miike @Kabam Zibiit @Kabam Vydious @Kabam Porthos @Kabam Lyra Any comment, information, or assistance?

Here's the information I gave you on the 19th May:
- Approximately when did you first notice this issue?
About 10 days ago, plus or minus. Definitely after the update.
- Did the issue persist after force closing (restarting) the application?
Yes
- Which version of Marvel Contest of Champions are you running?
- What is the make and model of your device? (Example: Samsung Galaxy S9)
Samsung Tab S3 (SM-T825Y) (note my teammates, Fofo and Tank - they use a Samsung S8+ and iPhone respectively and have experienced the same problem)
- What is the operating system and version of your device? (Example: iOS 11)
Android 9 patched to latest available patch (1 October 2019)
- Did this issue occur after a recent hardware or software update?
No - except for the game update
- Did anything strange happen before this issue occurred?
Not that I recall.

Additional Info from 24/08/2020:
In-Game Name: Jack Diamond. Team is [-OPL-] Overpowering Light.
Cellular or WiFi: Wifi, and I think also Cellular (I use Telkomsel, in Indonesia).
Game Version Installed: 1059432, now
Game Mode: In which game mode did the error occur? All (except War, I don't play War). Also the map and menus, it seems like.
Description of the Issue: See above.
Also affected: My teammates aakrosh2, RFN78, fofo7809, TANK86

Comments

• Options
    JackDiamondJackDiamond Posts: 133
    Additional footage = https://youtu.be/1hzL9QfcVRI
    This and other smaller but no less problematic glitches while I was trying to do the Epic difficulty of Heralds of Galactus has cost me 6 x 40% single revives, 3 x 20% single revives, and 2 x 40% team revives, plus a lot of health potions. That's just ONE time, on ONE day. And I still didn't get all the 5* shards I was aiming for, which means I can't get the 5* crystal I was aiming for, so I can't use it in my Level Up, nor the big team SA push.
  • Options
    KeepinItRealKeepinItReal Posts: 229
    edited August 2020
    Thx for posting & sharing video evidence @JackDiamond Just googled now if there was a parry, ai or lag/freeze issue again. In science galactus quest fights (w/Void Boss) the ai appers to be hitting thru my parry, def changing up attack speeds & recovery time, lagging in middle of combo so instead of a 3-5 hit combo its registering as a heavy, ending up w/me getting smacked/ko'd. I've saved up my galactus favors for 10+ runs today bc dont have much time except today. This is costing me items/time/boosts bc i cant just exit w/out losing favors. Very frustrating. Can tolerate occasional game "issues", but they seem to be happening alot more lately. Today ive really noticed it. Might just have to do them another day. Regardless, it'd be good to know if this is prevalent. Ive seen some YT gameplay videos where skilled players are getting hit alot more,... or guess alot of us are just having "bad days, lacking skills" all around same time. Lol
  • Options
    @KeepinItReal you're welcome. Certainly I've been hit through my parry, I've had the 5 hit combo being broken and either becoming a heavy or me getting hit back part way through (with no appropriate buffs or whatever to allow for that).

And yes, I had a similar problem with the Galactus and being unable to exit without losing the favors. Similar problems also came up a few times in the past months, IIRC.

And yes, frankly, I have begun to suspect that this problem is the cause of a lot of the 'bad luck' I have had. Not all, I've recorded hundreds of fights and rewatched some of them in slomo looking for evidence of the problem; sometimes it's just my mistake, but quite often the borderline cases may well have been a 'micro-freeze', without detailed analysis it's hard to tell which millisecond I pressed.

Honestly, I wouldn't mind so much if they'd get on and fix it - they had my report since May!
  • Options
    Lobster44Lobster44 Posts: 147
    Yeah the games been horrible all day, the amount of lag, missed parries and random heavies is much worse than I've seen for a while and is really screwing me over, especially in terms of AQ/AW. Whatever you did needs undoing ASAP.
  • Options
    By the way, this comes up BOTH when the phone is full and the game is laggy, AND when the phone is empty and the game is not laggy. It seems worse when the phone is full and laggy, but that's not the only time it happens.
  • Options
    @Kabam Miike @Kabam Zibiit @Kabam Vydious @Kabam Porthos @Kabam Lyra Any comment, information, or assistance?

Can you at least tell me, have I provided enough video evidence, or do I need to keep recording all my fights and posting the worst, to keep giving you the proof of the problem?

I'd normally rely on Kabam to contact me if they needed more, or to otherwise fix it, except that I already did that back in May and here we are near September. :cry:
  • Options
    SolswerdSolswerd Posts: 1,862 ★★★★
    I am having the same issues. Galaxy a10e running Android 10.

Not a case of my timing being off...have literally stunned the enemy...they are just swaying...tapping out light attacks and my champ just idles. Been happening off and on for almost a month and a half.
  • Options
    Kabam PorthosKabam Porthos Posts: 4,676
    Hey guys, if you're experiencing performance issues and haven't already done so, please share the requested information in the lag and performance issues thread for either iOS or Android, depending on what kind of device you have. Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.