**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Bans for Exploiting Bugs [MERGED THREADS]

Comments

• MousiasMousias Posts: 39
    I ran the quest twice. I hit the replay button cause I legitimately was curious to see what's gonna happen. Got an extra 1k 6* shards. Not banned, at least not yet, but I can happily give back these shards.
  • TheInfintyTheInfinty Posts: 1,382 ★★★★
    Mousias said:

I ran the quest twice. I hit the replay button cause I legitimately was curious to see what's gonna happen. Got an extra 1k 6* shards. Not banned, at least not yet, but I can happily give back these shards.

Two or less you don’t get banned it seems you should be completely fine
  • DaddriedaDaddrieda Posts: 1,568 ★★★★
    i don't think it's the player's fault. the player didn't create the update release code. so the mistake is at kabam's side for missing the code to avoid bug and exploit.
  • QfuryQfury Posts: 1,860 ★★★★★
    Now you've banned all the idiots that exploited the bug how about you re open it so all us none idiots can claim all the juicy rewards

Much appreciated.
    From a non idiot
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,242 ★★★★★
    The Points they contributed will likely remain. Even when someone is booted, they remain. At least that's what I assume. Haven't been that close to a ban to the best of my knowledge.
  • JueVioleGraceJueVioleGrace Posts: 1,424 ★★★★★
    edited September 2020
    DNA3000 said:

Plantesan said:

Does anyone know if they have employee assigned to test out the new content when it’s released?

Clearly, not enough of them. I have no problem with the bans or reversals personally, but that doesn't mean I don't also think this is an embarrassingly dumb implementation mistake that should have been caught before content release.
    And it's also very frequent. Every update something goes wrong, to the point where it's just become the norm.

🤷

• SaltE_Wenis69SaltE_Wenis69 Posts: 1,992 ★★★★

I don’t have any issue with any player that ran the path multiple times. Nobody hacked the game kabam screwed up. Likewise I have no issue with kabam taking back any extra awards gleaned from it. At the end of the day, they made a mistake and should take responsibility for it. Banning paying customers is the wrong move.

Lol yeah I didn't hack it, i just got 9000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000k 6 * shards from it. Yeah its 100% their fault.

Honestly, I think the people of the world should work on some kind of medicine or technology to give people some common sense before they do anything else.
  • HabstraktHabstrakt Posts: 29
    Daddrieda said:

i don't think it's the player's fault. the player didn't create the update release code. so the mistake is at kabam's side for missing the code to avoid bug and exploit.

Kabam made a mistake, that's what makes us human. Doesn't give the people the right to "Steal" from the community. Read some of DNA3000 Posts
  • YawYeetYawYeet Posts: 34
    All it took was a little common sense to avoid the ban. You really think kabam would have given away 30+ awakening gems. Yeah right lol. You knew it was an exploit when you were doing it, and you chose to risk it. Its the same as people paying mercs or pilots.
  • PlantesanPlantesan Posts: 335 ★★
    DNA3000 said:

Plantesan said:

Does anyone know if they have employee assigned to test out the new content when it’s released?

Clearly, not enough of them. I have no problem with the bans or reversals personally, but that doesn't mean I don't also think this is an embarrassingly dumb implementation mistake that should have been caught before content release.
    Even if they didn’t/couldn’t catch it early on, why not have someone play it when it goes live and go from there?
  • MrR0b0tMrR0b0t Posts: 234

my alliance mate was banned. What the hell Kabam? A week BAN?! A week. The way the banning thing works is you get banned for a week, then a month, then 6 months and then a permanent ban. So people who got banned right now will end up getting banned for a month if Kabam screws up again and throws a ban wave like this again. This needs to be fixed. This can really mess up people's AW and AQ. It did for me. Unban everyone who got banned. And if Kabam is so butt hurt people took advantage of the glitch, just take the rewards away from them. But this can be a problem. Since the AG is a crystal, if the player got, let's say, 20 AGs and used all of them on champions it would be impossible to take away there rewards. Kabam should just figure something out and get the side event back and running ASAP!!

They will roll them back to their first awakening gem and reset the rest. Casualties of war my man.
  • Scopeotoe987Scopeotoe987 Posts: 1,548 ★★★★★
    edited September 2020
    “Cheaters never prosper”
    -Sun Tzu the art of war
    Kabam usally has a bug in updates is because they want to release the content to the player base. There will most likely be colliding code that makes a bug.
  • DaddriedaDaddrieda Posts: 1,568 ★★★★
    Habstrakt said:

Daddrieda said:

Kabam made a mistake, that's what makes us human. Doesn't give the people the right to "Steal" from the community. Read some of DNA3000 Posts
    Yes. they could actually have already double checked and fine tuned it, but the bug/exploit code came out of nowhere after releasing so it's difficult to point whose fault it is actually. Of course the players that took advantage of the exploit should've stopped in beforehand as the post said, at my own understanding, that the treasure island key is once per open gate so once a day when the special objectives refresh to give another key.

• SaltE_Wenis69SaltE_Wenis69 Posts: 1,992 ★★★★
    I wish our community was like the injustice community. I have brought this up many times, we complain, ask for buffs left and right, are greedy, and exploit bugs and then riot when we get banned.
  • ZipioZipio Posts: 128
    Love seeing how toxic the forums are. Literally people attacking each other for no reason.
  • Scopeotoe987Scopeotoe987 Posts: 1,548 ★★★★★
    Hopefully this is step one for the reopening, I would like to claim me a 5* ag crystal soon.
    Daddrieda said:

Habstrakt said:

Daddrieda said:

Yes. they could actually have already double checked and fine tuned it, but the bug/exploit code came out of nowhere after releasing so it's difficult to point whose fault it is actually. Of course the players that took advantage of the exploit should've stopped in beforehand as the post said, at my own understanding, that the treasure island key is once per open gate so once a day when the special objectives refresh to give another key.

Just saying it's both the community and kabam's fault. Unless I read your post wrong, and you knew that's what I meant. They could've also made the game pay to actually play, so be grateful that they put a free game out with some minor (and major) bugs. Any free to play game is good unless its just bland and spams things that make you spend money.
This discussion has been closed.