**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Root Feedback (New Mechanic)

Kabam BooKabam Boo Posts: 840 ★★★★★
edited October 2020 in General Discussion

LET'S GET TO THE ROOT OF IT!

Exciting news Summners! A new GAMEPLAY MECHANIC is being introduced in this Meta Event! A new effect type, ROOT.

WHAT DOES IT DO?

When Rooted, a Champion's movement is locked. You can still perform any action, but you won’t move from your location when doing so. So for example, you can still dodge special attacks with Dexterity, Parry, and use your own Special Attacks (Unless a global buff says otherwise). You just won’t do any lateral movement associated with those actions. We hope to explore this new effect on further global buffs or even characters/buffs for players to use! So make sure to try them out and let us know what you think.

WHERE DO I SEE IT?

Each day, on every difficulty, they’ll be a Global buff that uses Root in a slightly different way to give you a feel for it. The difficulty has been tuned around these buffs, so there shouldn’t be too much complexity going on around them. Unless you want to take a swing at Legendary, where an extra wrinkle has been added to keep you on your feet.

WHERE CAN I SHARE MY FEEDBACK?

Right HERE in this thread!

We look forward to hearing from you all!

Cheerio!
Post edited by Kabam Boo on

Comments

• Moot4LifeMoot4Life Posts: 2,132 ★★★★
    Is there an option to keep this on? Or is it just a debuff?

Also how would basic attacks work since you can't go forward but the opponents move back when you get hit?
  • Horror_punkHorror_punk Posts: 1,053 ★★★★
    I guess hyperion/arkus is best to counter this mechanic
  • Stagedear85Stagedear85 Posts: 774 ★★★
    I would like to see a vid of how this work like an example
  • CrcrcrcCrcrcrc Posts: 7,935 ★★★★★
    This actually looks really cool
  • slackerslacker Posts: 772 ★★★★
    So can we still dash when use medium attack ?
  • ShadowstrikeShadowstrike Posts: 3,079 ★★★★★
    Kabam Boo said:

I'm rooting for this one to be not terrible.

We are certainly looking forward to this taking root in the community!
    http://media.tenor.co/images/7fcfe78af45bd0e0b173a72407f493e4/tenor.gif
  • As my first thought isn't this going to affect champions, that have abilities that work when you have your opponent on their wall or when you are backed on your wall? Like dragon man and annihilus for example.