**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Sentinel in current meta?

MephistoMephisto Posts: 522 ★★★
edited December 2020 in Strategy and Tips
Is Sentinel useful in current meta? I tired of waiting for Ghost, G2099 and Warlock. I even have 5* Tech AG for Sentinel.
Post edited by Kabam Porthos on

Comments

• Options
    king_ov_scrubsking_ov_scrubs Posts: 396 ★★★
    he’s good for variants. but i don’t think he’s getting much use in act 6 or 7
  • Options
    -sixate--sixate- Posts: 1,532 ★★★★★
    I don't think I'd use an AG on him. But he's still really good. Gonna R2 my 6* next when I get enough t2a.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,247 ★★★★★
  • Options
    VendemiaireVendemiaire Posts: 2,178 ★★★★★
    He’s still viable if you haven’t done variants 2 and 3. Still worthy of an R5 for immunities especially if you don’t have a better Tech option. On the awakening, it depends on you. You can ramp up analysis to 100 without it, it’s just faster when he’s awakened.
  • Options
    SkyLord7000SkyLord7000 Posts: 3,999 ★★★★★
    He’s a villain too. V6 might be good for him as well.
  • Options
    Yodabolt21Yodabolt21 Posts: 2,534 ★★★★★

He's a powerhouse of a champion. When getting to those 100 charges, he's got nice debuffs, nice utility, and nice damage. I don't know about him being a top 5 tech champ, but he is still a very powerful champ nonetheless and works in content throughout the game. I don't think a gem, but R5 definitely is a very nice option

He was a top 5 tech until HB buff and Guardian... he is #6 and arguments could be made for top 5.
  • Options
    Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★

He’s the 3rd best Tech champ IMHO. Better than G99. He has been overshadowed by Worlock recently, but can do most fights Worlock can. He is a DOT god and totally worth a tech awakening gem and R5.

Lol, what?
  • Options
    ReferenceReference Posts: 2,899 ★★★★★
    Mephisto said:

Is Sentinel useful in current meta? I tired of waiting for Ghost, G2099 and Warlock. I even have 5* Tech AG for Sentinel.

Sentinel is still a solid tech champ, especially awakened. Not just variants, it also works in bio-hazard path / AW defense.

Anyway, you should try it out yourself and see you like Sentinel's play style.
  • Options
    Disgruntled_User_123Disgruntled_User_123 Posts: 1,077 ★★★
    I took mine to Rank 5 last year (over SE Spiderman) - I have no regrets. He’s able to absorb a lot of damage, he has great damage output once he is at 100% analysis (that can ignore a blocking defender), and he can even regenerate after using two Special 3s.

He doesn’t get used too much on my roster now that it’s more extensive but he was great for all the Variants and he was a key to my progression because of his immunities.
  • Options
    SparkAlotSparkAlot Posts: 957 ★★★★
    The biggest problem with Sentinel, or, actually all robots is that when you can actually use them for a boss that puts Poison on you, Kabam ALWAYS, puts that stupid Nano-plague node in it as well, making ANY robot useless.
  • Options
    Rohit_316Rohit_316 Posts: 3,386 ★★★★★
    For some reason I don't like ramp up champs ..Sentinel is grt ln current meta too ..used to be top 5 until HB buff .. I would use him for immunities and agst mutants but that's all ..would prefer HB over him all day now.
  • Options
    Silver_SagaSilver_Saga Posts: 361 ★★★
    SparkAlot said:

The biggest problem with Sentinel, or, actually all robots is that when you can actually use them for a boss that puts Poison on you, Kabam ALWAYS, puts that stupid Nano-plague node in it as well, making ANY robot useless.

Agreed. That makes me mad so bad >:) lol Everytime I think of using a robot, Kabam says "Oh you thought you could use a perfectly good counter to both bleed and poison ? That's cute. Give us all your health in 30s instead, FU very much, and have a nice day".
    Still Sentinel is a god for many variants and some of Act 6 indeed, contents created before they decided that we couldn't use robots anymore. :'(
  • Options
    king_ov_scrubsking_ov_scrubs Posts: 396 ★★★

i have a r5 that sits on the bench. i thinks it’s funny is got disagree spammed when it’s true
  • Options
    Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★

i have a r5 that sits on the bench. i thinks it’s funny is got disagree spammed when it’s true
    I gave you a LOL ;)
  • Options
    Realm_Of_RahRealm_Of_Rah Posts: 430 ★★★
    Warlock having better damage is just silly
  • Options
    MephistoMephisto Posts: 522 ★★★
    I have a 5* Duped Mysterio at Sig 20. Should I rank him over Sentinel?
  • Options
    KirklinKirklin Posts: 149
    I have never heard the word meta use in this game. If a champion will help you advance rank them up