**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Does Book two have the four star restriction?

SkyLord7000SkyLord7000 Posts: 3,999 ★★★★★
In its initial forum post it doesn’t mention it. Do we have an answer?

Comments

• Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,760 ★★★★★
    Likely yes, it's better to expect it. The restriction is from a point forwards, not just for that act only
  • DualityCopeDualityCope Posts: 433 ★★★
    Yes, but at this point I've learned how to play ghost without wasp, still sucks tho I dont like the requirement
  • Thepower12Thepower12 Posts: 9
    Kill_Grey said:

I think so. Act 6 has it, and book 2 is supposed to be harder than act 6. Therefore most likely yes.

I honestly hope book 2 isn't harder than act 6.
    Lol what kind of logic is that? Content is supposed to get harder and harder as we progress... I was in the beta for this and it was fairly simple and very fun with minimal challenge so you may be happy to hear that for this chapter at least... however moving forward the difficulty will increase dramatically most likely and because the rewards will have to get much better as well
  • SkyLord7000SkyLord7000 Posts: 3,999 ★★★★★
    edited December 2020
    Odd to leave this out of the initial post though. They are also encouraging Four stars in other pieces of content now. I thought maybe?
  • danielmathdanielmath Posts: 4,044 ★★★★★

Kill_Grey said:

I think so. Act 6 has it, and book 2 is supposed to be harder than act 6. Therefore most likely yes.

Lol what kind of logic is that? Content is supposed to get harder and harder as we progress... I was in the beta for this and it was fairly simple and very fun with minimal challenge so you may be happy to hear that for this chapter at least... however moving forward the difficulty will increase dramatically most likely and because the rewards will have to get much better as well
    You’re dead wrong. They are scaling back difficulty MASSIVELY, that was what the entire dev diary was about, nerfing content. 7.1 will be WAY easier then act 6.
    Did you even read my message I said that I was in the beta for 7.1 and it was fairly simple and very fun/ easy... but then I said moving on after that piece of content kabam will eventually have to make the story content harder than in act 6 bc the rewards won’t be able to keep up otherwise
    Nope, they don't have to make it harder. Have you not seen how the community responds to anything challenging? the days of tough content are over.
    edited December 2020

Kill_Grey said:

You’re dead wrong. They are scaling back difficulty MASSIVELY, that was what the entire dev diary was about, nerfing content. 7.1 will be WAY easier then act 6.
    Did you even read my message I said that I was in the beta for 7.1 and it was fairly simple and very fun/ easy... but then I said moving on after that piece of content kabam will eventually have to make the story content harder than in act 6 bc the rewards won’t be able to keep up otherwise
    Nope, they don't have to make it harder. Have you not seen how the community responds to anything challenging? the days of tough content are over.
    Eh I think you’re blowing it out of proportion a little honestly the easiness of 7.1 is kind of a nice greeting to a new big piece of content to get everyone settled in... also I feel if the content was harder kabam wouldn’t even make the rewards any dif and they’d suck for the difficulty so I’d rather this then mega lame cash grab content like the old act 7 for trashy rewards for the effort... wouldn’t you as well?
    Honestly content becoming a joke is making me lose some interest in the game. I like there to be challenge and something to work towards, and i think that part of the game is dead and burried.

- i know i'm in the minority and most people do prefer the easy/fun type of content vs challenge
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,983 ★★★★★

Kill_Grey said:

Eh I think you’re blowing it out of proportion a little honestly the easiness of 7.1 is kind of a nice greeting to a new big piece of content to get everyone settled in... also I feel if the content was harder kabam wouldn’t even make the rewards any dif and they’d suck for the difficulty so I’d rather this then mega lame cash grab content like the old act 7 for trashy rewards for the effort... wouldn’t you as well?
    Honestly content becoming a joke is making me lose some interest in the game. I like there to be challenge and something to work towards, and i think that part of the game is dead and burried.

- i know i'm in the minority and most people do prefer the easy/fun type of content vs challenge
    Most people prefer easy content and top rewards. Book 2 is a step in the right direction with the challenge part but only in figuring out the nodes. I watch a bit of Seatins stream and watched him down a IF in seconds because of flare and that defender had 322k health.

I like a challenge. I like outside the box thinking but I don't want that challenge to be end up as a cakewalk.

Kill_Grey said:

Most people prefer easy content and top rewards. Book 2 is a step in the right direction with the challenge part but only in figuring out the nodes. I watch a bit of Seatins stream and watched him down a IF in seconds because of flare and that defender had 322k health.

I like a challenge. I like outside the box thinking but I don't want that challenge to be end up as a cakewalk.
    Ya same but he’s taking the easiest paths atm sure this won’t be as hard as most of act 6 but it’s only the first chapter and it’s more fun and interactive than lame and cheap nodes that ruin skill based gameplay...

Kill_Grey said:

Not really I prefer hard content also.... BUT the rewards have to match the difficulty kabam is all over the place when it comes to rewards for content and they’re not good at giving players rewards equal to difficulty that’s why I prefer this content 7.1 now bc the rewards are fair and worth it for spending the time and effort... however imagine if we had the old lazily and cheaply made 7.1 with these rewards how in the hell could u be satisfied with that? They don’t put rewards worth the difficulty usually take pre nerf act 6 for an example basically all the chapter and act rewards were terrible for the length and effort pre nerf even post nerf which has barely changed much of the content accept some bosses the rewards still aren’t worth it for the longevity and effort...
    rewards aren't the ONLY thing that i care about, if content is lame i don't care really about the rewards. My least favorite event ever was gwenpool goes to the movies, just autofighting for a 5*, cool!. I enjoy the actual gameplay part, and if the game is super easy the rewards are irrelevant to me.

rewards aren't the ONLY thing that i care about, if content is lame i don't care really about the rewards. My least favorite event ever was gwenpool goes to the movies, just autofighting for a 5*, cool!. I enjoy the actual gameplay part, and if the game is super easy the rewards are irrelevant to me.

Well ya for someone with An account like yours that’s in one of the best Allies in the game and that most likely has nearly every champ even as a six star it wouldn’t but to players that don’t spend to the caliber that you do( if you don’t spend my fault but I’m assuming based off ur crazy roster I’ve seen ur YouTube channel) need more six stars mainly and also this content isn’t lame sure it’s a step back in difficulty but it’s fun and satisfying not like the old 7.1 where ur trudging through poorly designed content just to get bad rewards anyways I like a mix of rewards and content satisfaction and this new chapter is great imo at least
    ya that's my point, everyone will have a different viewpoint. There's people with waaaaaaaaay better rosters who much prefer this type of content, and people with far worse rosters (like brian grant) who don't like this kinda stuff.

Well ya for someone with An account like yours that’s in one of the best Allies in the game and that most likely has nearly every champ even as a six star it wouldn’t but to players that don’t spend to the caliber that you do( if you don’t spend my fault but I’m assuming based off ur crazy roster I’ve seen ur YouTube channel) need more six stars mainly and also this content isn’t lame sure it’s a step back in difficulty but it’s fun and satisfying not like the old 7.1 where ur trudging through poorly designed content just to get bad rewards anyways I like a mix of rewards and content satisfaction and this new chapter is great imo at least
    ya that's my point, everyone will have a different viewpoint. There's people with waaaaaaaaay better rosters who much prefer this type of content, and people with far worse rosters (like brian grant) who don't like this kinda stuff.
    Fair enough I can understand and see where ur coming from... actually I had no problem with the pre nerf act 6 at all I just thought the rewards were trash honestly tho... they were underwhelming compared to the content like aol with crazy stacked rewards which requires items as opposed to act 6 where u can slowly build ur roster up to counter the niche requirements and not spend any items if you take ur Time... if the rewards had been worthwhile isn’t he first place for act 6 I wouldn’t have any complaints ab it pre nerf... however kabam has a tendency to give terrible rewards for effort.. I mean do u remember the rewards before they got buffed bc so many complained for act 6 they were horrendous and even now they’re still bad and these r the buffed rewards 😂

Fair enough I can understand and see where ur coming from... actually I had no problem with the pre nerf act 6 at all I just thought the rewards were trash honestly tho... they were underwhelming compared to the content like aol with crazy stacked rewards which requires items as opposed to act 6 where u can slowly build ur roster up to counter the niche requirements and not spend any items if you take ur Time... if the rewards had been worthwhile isn’t he first place for act 6 I wouldn’t have any complaints ab it pre nerf... however kabam has a tendency to give terrible rewards for effort.. I mean do u remember the rewards before they got buffed bc so many complained for act 6 they were horrendous and even now they’re still bad and these r the buffed rewards 😂
    ya if there's no value in the game itself for you and rewards are the only thing you play for then i do agree, the act 6 rewards were a little lacking (esp 6.2, 6.3 and 6.4 weren't very hard)

ya if there's no value in the game itself for you and rewards are the only thing you play for then i do agree, the act 6 rewards were a little lacking (esp 6.2, 6.3 and 6.4 weren't very hard)
    Well ya ofc rewards are what I care ab that’s what drives ppl to complete content mainly in hopes of getting something good to help my ally out in war or quest mainly war but you get the point... I love the game bc the gameplay is fun unique and all that but... it’s not so much the rewards themselves but the fact that kabam undermines hard earned endgame content rewards by releasing special deals with more stuff than you get in abyss and act 6 for cyber and July deals like that ain’t right imo
    Aziz5253 said:

I mean people play a marvel game because they want to play with/as marvel characters and you can only get them after completing content. So ofcourse people play for rewards.
    i like the strategy part of the game, using certain champs for certain encounters, planning which champs to rank/use for stuff