**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Will Kabam finally do January Champs Justice???

SungjSungj Posts: 2,111 ★★★★★
Historically Kabam always starts off the year with at least one real stinker of a champion. In 2020 it Nova, 2019 it was Diablo, 2018 it was sentry, 2017 was Cable and 2016 was Blue cyclops and OML. With the full abilities out for Stryfe and Jubilee do you think this curse will continue to 2021?

Stryfe on paper at the bare minimum seems great potentially godly. But with all the hype around Stryfe I think Jubilee is being a little underlooked. She inflicts slow and taunt that can have 100% uptime on her sp1, debuff purification paired with energy resistance potentially making her great for 100% bleed/poison and energy adoption nodes, up to 312% increased special damage once you throw the sp3, a strong DAA reduction that's further increased by the sp2, an equally strong defensive power gain reduction not to mention her above-average base damage .

I'm hoping both champs in practice are as good as they look on paper and we can start 2021 with two banging champs but as we have learned on multiple occasions abilities on paper don't always translate well in-game so fingers crossed.

Comments

• DjinDjin Posts: 1,962 ★★★★★
    I think curse will continue and Stryfe will not live up to all this mutant aegon hype.
  • SungjSungj Posts: 2,111 ★★★★★
    Terra said:

Peoples overhype of characters needs to stop imo. It's all bound for disappointment. Atleast wait until they're out for general usage before saying anything.

Trust me I say this all the time, I'm not asking for people's definitive opinions just what their predictions are. It's not good to make definitive claims about champs before they come out but healthy speculation never hurts. That's why I emphasize the on paper part when referencing my predictions because we know on paper abilities don't always live up to expectations in game.
  • TheBair123TheBair123 Posts: 5,344 ★★★★★

First we had skill Corvus, then cosmic omega, now mutant Ægon...

Don't forget about the Original Skill Corvus™
  • FluffyPigMonsterFluffyPigMonster Posts: 2,069 ★★★★★

The worst thing that could have happened to Stryfe is being tagged as the "mutant Aegon". Expectations are going to be extremely high that there is zero chance he will live up to the comparison.

That’s why I joke. Cant he just be Stryfe? The mutant Stryfe?
  • GinjabredMonstaGinjabredMonsta Posts: 6,454 Guardian
    edited January 2021
    Terra said:

Peoples overhype of characters needs to stop imo. It's all bound for disappointment. Atleast wait until they're out for general usage before saying anything.

Unfortunately it will never stop. I'm ready for the "kabam really dropped the ball on this one" posts.
  • dangarang122dangarang122 Posts: 416 ★★★
    Terra said:

Exactly....look what happened with Human Torch. He was way overhyped and people's expectations were way too high, and when he did not match them as high as expected; he was considered bad or at least average. Look at him now.
  • Terra said:

Exactly....look what happened with Human Torch. He was way overhyped and people's expectations were way too high, and when he did not match them as high as expected; he was considered bad or at least average. Look at him now.
    I always use doom as my example. Everyone said that he had no utility and that we wouldn't be better than the mystics already released...that aged well
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,016 ★★★★★

Terra said:

A better example is Nova and Silver Surfer.
  • FluffyPigMonsterFluffyPigMonster Posts: 2,069 ★★★★★

Terra said:

I would like to think those two are in different categories. I use Surfer for relevant stuff.

Nova - eeeeeeehhhhhhhhhh.
  • Hilbert_unbeatable2Hilbert_unbeatable2 Posts: 804 ★★★
    I bet kabam will keep their tradition
    Nova, sentry, diablo are some champs released in January
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,016 ★★★★★

Terra said:

I would like to think those two are in different categories. I use Surfer for relevant stuff.

Nova - eeeeeeehhhhhhhhhh.
    The hype around both of those were some of the highest expectations we've seen. Surfer has uses, Nova not so much except an annoying defender sort of. But I personally don't think I've seen more hype for a champ than Surfer. He was usable out of the box but wasn't what people thought he should be and that margin was a huge margin. Nova is along the same lines as he was hugely requested.