**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

More 5* shards?

StefffStefff Posts: 121
So I'm a level 59 player with a pretty solid roster, including two five star champions, Captain Marvel and Spiderman (I also have a five star Iron Patriot but he doesn't really count). These champions are decent, but they really need to be duped to reach a high power level. And with the new five stars being added, it will be really tough to dupe five stars. The game is shifting toward 5* champions but players like me still don't have easy ways to get 5*s. That's why I think more ways to get the five star shards should be added. Maybe add them as solo event milestones or give more from arenas? What are you guys' thoughts?

Comments

• DrFreakyDrFreaky Posts: 30
    100% agreed, They also should lower the price of 5* crystal, like u said, the game is shifting towards 5*, so they should make 5* more available. No one want to take forever to get one duped.
  • MayhemEffectMayhemEffect Posts: 112
    I think what we want to see is more awakening and sig stones. As the roster continues to grow the problem will only get worse regardless of how many 5 star shards they give. Whatever format they come in, solo crystals, alliance or solo rewards or monthly events.

those stones are really the answer to the growing roster because eventually every hero appears to be going there, it seems like the concept of only coming in 1,2 and 4 star rarities is a thing of the past.
  • StefffStefff Posts: 121
    I think what we want to see is more awakening and sig stones. As the roster continues to grow the problem will only get worse regardless of how many 5 star shards they give. Whatever format they come in, solo crystals, alliance or solo rewards or monthly events.

those stones are really the answer to the growing roster because eventually every hero appears to be going there, it seems like the concept of only coming in 1,2 and 4 star rarities is a thing of the past.
    Agree 100%. Awakening gems should be more available in 4 and 5 star varieties.
  • Vdh2008Vdh2008 Posts: 966 ★★★★
    $100 for a 4 star generic awakening stone... How much will the 5 star be?
  • I think they should lower the price to 7500 shars for a 5*.
  • JSnookJSnook Posts: 219
    The question I have, and will more than likely be a wait and see as I doubt Kabam will confirm or announce officially, is how long is this 'transition' going to take? The writing is on the wall that this will become more of a 5* game than it already is, but when will you actually be able to fully rank a 5*? When are we going to start seeing more shards to obtain these 5*? Should we hoard all resources now expecting it as soon as it's released at the end of the month? I hardly expect it to be that soon.

I have found my self in quandary, as I just got enough T4CC to rank 5 my 4* Ultron, been waiting forever as he could be my first rank 5. Now I don't want to use the T4CC for that, not really knowing the future other than what we have been told.
  • We absolutely need more 5 star shards and more accessible 5 star shards. Right now the only way I get mine are a minimal amount from sa and exploring heroic and master. Even with all this it still takes 3-4 months to get a fully formed crystal. Now with the addition of more 5 stars making it harder to dupe them, they better make the shards easier to obtain.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★
    Stefff wrote: »
    So I'm a level 59 player with a pretty solid roster, including two five star champions, Captain Marvel and Spiderman (I also have a five star Iron Patriot but he doesn't really count). These champions are decent, but they really need to be duped to reach a high power level. And with the new five stars being added, it will be really tough to dupe five stars. The game is shifting toward 5* champions but players like me still don't have easy ways to get 5*s. That's why I think more ways to get the five star shards should be added. Maybe add them as solo event milestones or give more from arenas? What are you guys' thoughts?

Well, I somewhat agree, and I somewhat disagree. LOL. Let me explain.
    I do agree that small increment raises for Shards would be important for progression. SA, Monthly, War, etc. I think there is alot of validity in the need for people in the middle or starting out. I don't think it needs to be drastic, as the 5* still needs to have value. However, they are much more common in higher Tiers and that leaves the rest at a disadvantage, given the amount floating around.
    What I disagree about is the concern about Duping people have. With the new additions, it will be a 1/35 chance to Dup your Champ of choice. That's still much higher than the numbers for Duping a 4* that we are used to, even less is trying to do it by PHC. Having more Shards won't actually increase the Drop Rate. Meaning, if we have 3 Crystals instead of 1, we don't have better odds. The odds in my example would be 3% chance of Duping. That would be 3 chances at 3%. Not 9%. ;)
  • RiegelRiegel Posts: 1,088 ★★★★
    From other threads they say they will not reduce the cost of 5* crystals. Still nothing about making 5* shards more available that I have seen.