**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Featured Hero 6 star crystal or ordinary 6 star crystal?

SirStacheSirStache Posts: 29
edited January 2021 in Strategy and Tips
I'm wondering whether I should save for the current featured 6 star crystal or go for the normal 6 star crystal. I only have one 6 star at the moment, it being Heimdall, and I have around 12 000 shards. The featured pool for this crystal of this pool is really good but is it worth the extra shards?

Featured Hero 6 star crystal or ordinary 6 star crystal? 21 votes

Featured hero 6 star crystal
52%
RockyshockyDarkDuelistGarrettNFeroX_the_fat_heringEtherealityCrcrcrcJPeanutsWill3808Barani7daTop10FootballKRoNX1 11 votes
Ordinary 6 star crystal
47%
WhatElseItsDamienDr_Z01dbergIcy000Xguard77SaltE_Wenis69TheBair123Shaqatacdoubleslash404DanRose 10 votes

Comments

• Options
    ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★
    Ordinary 6 star crystal
    At the moment every 6* shard is worth using on as many champs as possible. Spending 50% extra to get one champ, when you only have one, is a poor investment. Yes the current featured is really good, but you also run the risk of spending more and pulling Green Goblin.

Build your 6* roster, and your 5* roster. When you're comfortable that you don't need any particular champ as a 5 or 6* is when you should think about featured crystals.
  • Options
    Will3808Will3808 Posts: 3,536 ★★★★★
    Featured hero 6 star crystal
    I’m normally not a proponent of going for featured over regular crystals but this 6* featured is so crazy that it’s worth it. The odds that you get a good champion out of the featured are far better than the basic. The drop rates for the featured are absurd.
  • Options
    Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    Depends on your roster
  • Options
    Lvernon15 said:

Depends on your roster

My current team is 6* R1 Heimdall, 5* R4 Quake, 5* R4 Colossus, 5* R4 Domino and 5* R3 Magik/Guardian (depending on whether or not I need power control). All my other champs are mediocre at best, other than maybe sunspot who I personally believe to be a downgrade of Guardian.
  • Options
    ItsDamien said:

At the moment every 6* shard is worth using on as many champs as possible. Spending 50% extra to get one champ, when you only have one, is a poor investment. Yes the current featured is really good, but you also run the risk of spending more and pulling Green Goblin.

Build your 6* roster, and your 5* roster. When you're comfortable that you don't need any particular champ as a 5 or 6* is when you should think about featured crystals.

I once pulled three 5 star Iron Patriots in a row from the cosmic-tech crystal so my luck isn't the best. I mean if they buff Iron Patriot and his sig ability, I'm Golden.
  • Options
    Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    SirStache said:

Lvernon15 said:

Depends on your roster

My current team is 6* R1 Heimdall, 5* R4 Quake, 5* R4 Colossus, 5* R4 Domino and 5* R3 Magik/Guardian (depending on whether or not I need power control). All my other champs are mediocre at best, other than maybe sunspot who I personally believe to be a downgrade of Guardian.
    Go for basic, looks like a lesser developed roster overall, not worth the extra 5k shards for the ft
  • Options
    Lvernon15 said:

SirStache said:

Lvernon15 said:

Depends on your roster

Go for basic, looks like a lesser developed roster overall, not worth the extra 5k shards for the ft
    If I had 30k shards (if only), would it not be better to have 2 crystals with a really good chance of a good champion, rather than 3 crystals with a really low chance of a good champion?