**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Omega Red without suicides?

BlackTuranBlackTuran Posts: 642 ★★★
edited February 2021 in Strategy and Tips
I just got Omega Red and I aw alarmed him. I will try to raise his sig level as much as I can. I’ve been hearing mixed opinions on whether he’s still great without suicides. I’m not gonna put on suicides any time soon since I’m very short on units and don’t have time to grind arena nowadays. What do yo guys think of Omega Red without suicides
Post edited by Kabam Porthos on

Comments

• Options
    Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    He does fine for the most part. Just slower getting started. I have him 4/55 high sig
  • Options
    DualityCopeDualityCope Posts: 433 ★★★
    I mean I prob wouldn't bring him in at all without suicides. He's an entirely different charcter
  • Options
    Sarvanga1_Sarvanga1_ Posts: 4,139 ★★★★★
    He is ok. But if you have other op mutants like colossus,magneto, archangel you should upgrade them first.
  • Options
    The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,781 ★★★★★
    He still has all his utility. His damage is still great without suicides albeit it's less than with suicides. He is still worth ranking up IMO. Play with him and see if you like him first though.
  • Options
    GiuliameijGiuliameij Posts: 1,849 ★★★★
    Pretty simple. You can use him maximally anywhere if you run suicides. Without them he will only work maximally if you do a bleed heavy path. If you do map 5 take the bleed lane in section 2 and he is great. Biohazard is amazing with him. Like others have said. He is just slower without them. But if fights are longer he works just about the same. But if it are <30sec fights, there is a world of difference in speed.
  • Options
    SidDDragonSidDDragon Posts: 1,183 ★★★
    IMO he needs ST synergy more than suicides...yes suicides make him a completely different champ but he is still a top mutant without them(with ST synergy)...he still bypasses so much passive damage,still has his most unique dot which only a handful champs can avoid,still has his immunities and still has his regen...I have used him in 6.3 and 7.1 exploration without suicides and he slays the defenders...but the thing to note is that his playstyle is not suited to many as he has a relatively poor block proficiency and that shows when used by a non experienced omega user without suicides
  • Options
    PolygonPolygon Posts: 3,835 ★★★★★

IMO he needs ST synergy more than suicides...yes suicides make him a completely different champ but he is still a top mutant without them(with ST synergy)...he still bypasses so much passive damage,still has his most unique dot which only a handful champs can avoid,still has his immunities and still has his regen...I have used him in 6.3 and 7.1 exploration without suicides and he slays the defenders...but the thing to note is that his playstyle is not suited to many as he has a relatively poor block proficiency and that shows when used by a non experienced omega user without suicides

Agreed, ST makes him still a top tier mutant without suicides
  • Options
    KerneasKerneas Posts: 3,741 ★★★★★
    Took mine to r4 sig 100 and it is my greatest regret. But he did well in cav eq, so there he might be helpful. But else I would advise you against ranking him. But it is my personal opinion, I may be wrong
  • Options
    IceBroIceBro Posts: 179 ★★
    GagoH said:

Agreed, ST makes him still a top tier mutant without suicides
    He doesn't need Sabretooth to be a top tier mutant though. I quit suicides a long time ago and Omega is still as dominant of a champ on my roster. Though I do tend to use him with red guardian to get the purify immunity quicker.
  • Options
    Ksp_2099Ksp_2099 Posts: 735 ★★★
    He is good rankup champion, atleast go for r4, you will find uses out of him, even without suicides.
    His utility is already there.
    Just suicides makes him even more better.
  • Options
    007md92007md92 Posts: 1,381 ★★★★
    I maxed mine out. Use him without suicides i like him. Very useful for cav monthly eq mutant quest.
  • Options
    RockypantherxRockypantherx Posts: 3,900 ★★★★★
    All omega needs is a high sig. I ran suicides for all of act 6 100%, and he was my second most used champ behind Ghost. Was using him all the time in AW, AQ, EQ, SQ.

I haven’t used him more since I got suicides since he was already so dominant everywhere. Well worth the rank up, investing in him was definitely one of the best decisions I’ve ever made for my account
  • Options
    WarBros23WarBros23 Posts: 73
    I haven't really got the opportunity to fully test him out yet, but I have him at 5 star rank 5, approximately sig 150, and he does some great work in tough matchups against Korg, Electro, and some pesky node combinations. He's also a blast in the Cav EQ, but I slightly regret it because I don't know to what extent he'll really help my roster, but I'm waiting to see, since I'm still on 6.2. After reading these comments, I'm hopeful that he'll do good work for me in act 6 and beyond so we'll have to see.
  • Options
    Player1994Player1994 Posts: 793 ★★★
    Omega Red is way better than a lot of mutant even unduped took my 6* to r3 was my first and i can't describe how much stuff i did with him (unduped) was a huge help in clearing all bleed/biohazard/... nodes
    i only awakened him after exploring abyss and that was the last thing i did on mcoc ( used him against gm he's tanky)
  • Options
    He’s ok without suicides at high sig, 10 spores locked in still does good damage you just don’t have the easy access to the massive burst at the start and the healing.
  • Options
    PolygonPolygon Posts: 3,835 ★★★★★
    edited February 2021
    So how many of you that run OR bring Sabretooth alongside as well? For story mode
  • Options
    RockypantherxRockypantherx Posts: 3,900 ★★★★★
    GagoH said:

So how many of you that run OR bring Sabretooth alongside as well? For both story mode and AW

Never.