**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Passing up 10% t5cc side objective this month *shrugs* “oh well I guess haha”....anyone else?

Comments

• GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★
    edited February 2021
    It's simple resource management. Higher Rarities should be Ranked less often because they cost more. Not more often because people have done more content.
  • Rayaan_2000Rayaan_2000 Posts: 655 ★★★

It's simple resource management. Higher Rarities should be Ranked less often because they cost more. Not more often because people have done more content.

"Higher rarities should be ranked less often", okay then, let me rank up my 3 star magneto for 6.4
    Jokes aside, it's not expensive to rank up a 4 star, it's just an annoying waste of a certain resource namely T1A, I'm not wasting my hard earned T1A on a 4 star rankup, not to forget the drain that is on the ISO stash. I'm not that desperate for T5cc so I'll just skip
    edited February 2021

"Higher rarities should be ranked less often", okay then, let me rank up my 3 star magneto for 6.4
    Storymode is a finite piece of content. Once you're done it, you're done it. It's also not the only reason to Rank Champs. It's not all there is to the game. People should Rank their 3* Magneto because they're there to Rank. We don't know what's coming in the future, or what we'll need. Much less basing it on content that is one and done.
  • A3G0NA3G0N Posts: 75
    been using these bunch (plus SL not in pic)

• DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,479 ★★★★★
    edited February 2021

DrZola said:

xNig said:

It’s just T1A, T4B and T4C that’s being used to Rank 4*s.

T1A,T4B, not being used to rank 6*s.

T4CC, flooding and drowning in them.

People are just stubborn at ranking lower rarity champs.

That was my point.
    Actually, I understand @xNig ’s point to be that he has no problem with champs needed to complete the 4* challenge because he either (a) had them ranked already or (b) is rolling in necessary cats and is mostly focused at his level on ranking 6*’s.

I’m not sure you’re making the same point.

Dr. Zola
    I commented on the same point that I made and he reiterated. That's literally the same point.
    Maybe in the most technical sense.

To my knowledge, @xNig has done all available content, including the 4* challenges, and has played at the most competitive levels of the game.

He often suggests specific counters and solutions. While I may not agree with him all the time, I understand he has the experience to back up what he’s saying.

When someone has actually “done it all,” it’s not ridiculous for him to be a know-it-all.

Dr. Zola
  • A3G0NA3G0N Posts: 75
    xNig said:

need T4Bs to R2 a 6*. This is the main reason why I’m not maxing new 4*s even if I think they can help on Cav challenge.
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,221 ★★★★★
    Apologies. My mistake. You do need 7 T4Bs to R2 a 6*.

Thing is, at the rate at which 2-3 T5B are formed, we will likely have more than enough T4B by that time.

So spending some excess T1A/T4B/T4CC to make it easier to earn perpetual T5CC isn’t a bad investment.
    IKON said:

xNig said:

It costs 15 T4CC to take a 6* champ from R1 to R3, given it will take 6 t4cc crystals to get 1 t4cc of your class, that's going to be 90 crystals required. It also requires 7 T4B.

It just makes more sense to muddle through with the 20 4* I have rather than use the resources on ranking anything new. Gems would solve that.
    That’s true that you’ll take 90 crystals, but you’ll be able to rank 6 of them altogether. Same argument for T5CC. 10% is 10%, regardless of class.

Honestly it’s not expensive to rank up 4*s, and the earlier variants have given us quite a few gems iirc.
    HI_guys said:

xNig said:

IKON said:

xNig said:

It costs 15 T4CC to take a 6* champ from R1 to R3, given it will take 6 t4cc crystals to get 1 t4cc of your class, that's going to be 90 crystals required. It also requires 7 T4B.

It just makes more sense to muddle through with the 20 4* I have rather than use the resources on ranking anything new. Gems would solve that.
    That’s true that you’ll take 90 crystals, but you’ll be able to rank 6 of them altogether. Same argument for T5CC. 10% is 10%, regardless of class.

Honestly it’s not expensive to rank up 4*s, and the earlier variants have given us quite a few gems iirc.
    Where? Aren't they just 5* rank up gems
    Oh they are? Lol been too long.

I recall having quite a few 4* RUGs lying around though.
    HI_guys said:

xNig said:

HI_guys said:

xNig said:

IKON said:

xNig said:

Where? Aren't they just 5* rank up gems
    Oh they are? Lol been too long.

I recall having quite a few 4* RUGs lying around though.
    Yeah. I thi k I got some from calenders and stuff. No clue where I got them form
    Yeah. So they were given out in some limited capacity.

If there’s truly a need to give them out, I’d rather Kabam have a side event, like a simpler version of Maze that limits rarity to 3*s, and have 4* RUGs as rewards once a year or something. So it is “free” but not exactly “free”, if you get what I get mean.
  • IKONIKON Posts: 1,334 ★★★★★
    On Main - I have 20 4*, and 40+ 5/65 or R2+, I don't see it as optimal to rank 4* when I can use what I already have, and maybe an extra handful of revives, however it makes the objective not fun.

On Alt - I have 5 maxed 4*, and 8 5* 5/65. It's impossible to justify ranking 4*s when there's significantly more content I can do by continuing the path of ranking 5*.

I like the challenge itself, I just want 4* gems, which are only available in act 5 exploration, or infrequent event quests.
    DrZola said:

DrZola said:

xNig said:

That was my point.
    Actually, I understand @xNig ’s point to be that he has no problem with champs needed to complete the 4* challenge because he either (a) had them ranked already or (b) is rolling in necessary cats and is mostly focused at his level on ranking 6*’s.

Dr. Zola
    I commented on the same point that I made and he reiterated. That's literally the same point.

To my knowledge, @xNig has done all available content, including the 4* challenges, and has played at the most competitive levels of the game.

He often suggests specific counters and solutions. While I may not agree with him all the time, I understand he has the experience to back up what he’s saying.

When someone has actually “done it all,” it’s not ridiculous for him to be a know-it-all.

Dr. Zola
    You're calling me a know-it-all, and you just dissected him and I making the same comment.

Uhh... I’m ranking up 5/6* right now because I need them?

I’m almost done exploring 7.1 and gonna explore V5/6 and some of Act 6 too. I’m also ranking up for War because I need them and of course I’ll rank up a 5/6* for that. I should manage my resources? I’m doing it. I’m only ranking up depending on the content I’m tackling. I’ve managed finishing Act 6 fine with that philosophy. I got Cav just last October and I’m now almost done exploring 7.1 because I was managing my resources properly to counter what is ahead of me.

And anyway, it’s not like I totally stopped ranking 3/4*s like what you are implying. I’m ranking them up still. I ranked up 4* G2099 to R4 for Variant 3 and a few more for Variant 4. I ranked up Prof. X as a 4* and some counters for the past challenges. I know that they are still important in some ways but you’re wrong on that ‘I should rank higher rarities less often’. That will only apply if your focus is fattening up your hero rating and not clearing content.

I’m not even asking for a 4* R5 gem. Even a random R2-3 or R3-4 would be appreciated to reduce the cost a little and make us feel excited about ranking up 4*s.

But anyway, you’ll find a rebuttal here that is always out of the point just to argue so you can play with your semantics game.

EDIT: I have around 30 4*s at R4 and above and around the same number for 3*s.
    If you didn't stop Ranking them, then I'm not talking about you.
    edited February 2021

DrZola said:

DrZola said:

xNig said:

That was my point.

Dr. Zola

Dr. Zola
    You're calling me a know-it-all, and you just dissected him and I making the same comment.
    Again, not exactly. I’m saying @xNig has the experience to back up what he says about the game in general and the 4* challenge specifically.

I will suggest this example: I like to ride bikes, run and swim. But I am nowhere close to doing an Ironman. So I don’t lecture my friends who have done them or are training for them about biking, running or swimming.

Food for thought.

Dr. Zola
  • -sixate--sixate- Posts: 1,532 ★★★★★
    My interest in the game is at an all time low. 4* challenge won't happen. I'm barely playing at all because it all feels so tedious and boring. Doubtful I even do Cav EQ this month.
    DrZola said:

DrZola said:

DrZola said:

xNig said:

That was my point.

Dr. Zola

Dr. Zola
    Again, not exactly. I’m saying @xNig has the experience to back up what he says about the game in general and the 4* challenge specifically.

I will suggest this example: I like to ride bikes, run and swim. But I am nowhere close to doing an Ironman. So I don’t lecture my friends who have done them or are training for them about biking, running or swimming.

Food for thought.

Dr. Zola
    So not are you arguing that we're not making the same point, even though we made the same point, you're also backing that up with calling out my experience. Gotcha.
    That's a lot of verbiage to ignore what I said.
    DrZola said:

DrZola said:

DrZola said:

DrZola said:

xNig said:

That was my point.

Dr. Zola

Dr. Zola

Food for thought.

Dr. Zola
    So not are you arguing that we're not making the same point, even though we made the same point, you're also backing that up with calling out my experience. Gotcha.
    It is probably a qualitative distinction.

I realize you have played the game for a long time and have experience ranking 4* champs.

But the point of this thread is ranking 4* champs specifically for the 4* challenge.

If you have experience in that regard—good or bad—I’d ask you to share it.

If it makes you feel more comfortable, I’m pretty sure I missed one or two of the original challenge milestones because I didn’t have the right 4* champs at the right level. My roster and I simply weren’t good enough.

And there are more than a few folks in this thread who have already said they find the challenge more difficult than it’s worth. Not everyone considers it a piece of cake.

But there’s no need to continue making the generic point that players should rank 4*’s.

Dr. Zola
    I didn't say Players SHOULD Rank them. That's up to them. I spoke about people swearing off Ranking 4*s altogether. Which is just pure stubbornness when it comes to the principle. I also highlighted the fact that the Resources to do so were quite easy to come by, which was also mentioned by xNig. We made the same points. If you want to ignore that fact like I'm not Cavalier and don't have the same Objectives as everyone else, be my guest. Being wrong on top of wrong is a right everyone has.
  • ExWeaponExWeapon Posts: 27
    Finished Cav 100% and it's just annoying. Would be much better if it was 5* r3 or lower. Same challenger rating ad 4* r5 but you can use all the rank up gems to get them there.

DrZola said:

DrZola said:

DrZola said:

DrZola said:

xNig said:

That was my point.

Dr. Zola

Dr. Zola

Food for thought.

Dr. Zola

I realize you have played the game for a long time and have experience ranking 4* champs.

But the point of this thread is ranking 4* champs specifically for the 4* challenge.

If it makes you feel more comfortable, I’m pretty sure I missed one or two of the original challenge milestones because I didn’t have the right 4* champs at the right level. My roster and I simply weren’t good enough.

And there are more than a few folks in this thread who have already said they find the challenge more difficult than it’s worth. Not everyone considers it a piece of cake.

But there’s no need to continue making the generic point that players should rank 4*’s.

Dr. Zola
    I didn't say Players SHOULD Rank them. That's up to them. I spoke about people swearing off Ranking 4*s altogether. Which is just pure stubbornness when it comes to the principle. I also highlighted the fact that the Resources to do so were quite easy to come by, which was also mentioned by xNig. We made the same points. If you want to ignore that fact like I'm not Cavalier and don't have the same Objectives as everyone else, be my guest. Being wrong on top of wrong is a right everyone has.
    I will close by asking you to try to offer solutions over arguments.

There aren’t a lot of people in this thread swearing off ranking 4*’s, but there are quite a few frustrated about needing to rank a new slate of 4*’s for the challenge.

If you’re a Cavalier and most/all of your rankups are 4*’s, then, yes, the resources don’t tend to run out. But that’s (again) not the case for many of the people in this thread.

I’m not taunting. I’m asking you to offer ideas beyond “don’t swear off ranking 4*’s.”

Dr. Zola
    DrZola said:

DrZola said:

DrZola said:

DrZola said:

DrZola said:

xNig said:

That was my point.

Dr. Zola

Dr. Zola

Food for thought.

Dr. Zola

Dr. Zola

There aren’t a lot of people in this thread swearing off ranking 4*’s, but there are quite a few frustrated about needing to rank a new slate of 4*’s for the challenge.

If you’re a Cavalier and most/all of your rankups are 4*’s, then, yes, the resources don’t tend to run out. But that’s (again) not the case for many of the people in this thread.

I’m not taunting. I’m asking you to offer ideas beyond “don’t swear off ranking 4*’s.”

Dr. Zola
    No, they're not mostly 4*s. I just haven't made the decision to stop Ranking them altogether. It's also worth pointing out that at our (Cavalier) stage, the Resources to Rank a 4* aren't hard to come by. There's a ready supply of T1A, T4B, T4CC, Gold, and ISO each month. Literally none of those are a bottleneck Resource in the way that higher Cats are.
    Now, the difference between stubbornness and a personal choice, is a reasonable decision-making process. For example, if a Player thinks, "I could use the Frags, but I'm really waiting on Ranking that CGR and I'm low on Gold and ISO.", or "I really don't need the Frags that badly.", or "I don't enjoy this type of challenge.", then that's a perfectly reasonable process. If someone says, "I'm not Ranking a 4* because 4*s are useless and Act 6, and the Meta, and....." then I'm sorry to say, that's stubbornness. There's a flat-out refusal to Rank a 4* because it's a 4*.
    Especially when someone tells me they are too busy Ranking 5*s to get the Cats to hit TB. Then Imma say, um.....
    My suggestion is to make a decision based on immediate personal needs and goals, and not based on swearing off Ranking any particular Rarity.
  • jdrum663jdrum663 Posts: 551 ★★
    Since I can't block, parry, evade, do heavies, etc. I'll avoid it like the plague. Nothing works in this game.
  • VendemiaireVendemiaire Posts: 2,178 ★★★★★
    edited February 2021

DrZola said:

DrZola said:

DrZola said:

DrZola said:

DrZola said:

xNig said:

That was my point.

Dr. Zola

Dr. Zola

Food for thought.

Dr. Zola

Dr. Zola

Dr. Zola
    Especially when someone tells me they are too busy Ranking 5*s to get the Cats to hit TB. Then Imma say, um.....
    Which is possible. Almost there.