**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

7.2 closed beta

Wiredawg1Wiredawg1 Posts: 504 ★★★★
Are those players in the 7.2 closed beta going to be excluded from the legend run? As that’s an extreme advantage they will have over the rest of the player base

Comments

• Options
    Hera1d_of_Ga1actusHera1d_of_Ga1actus Posts: 2,439 ★★★★★
    Wiredawg1 said:

Are those players in the 7.2 closed beta going to be excluded from the legend run? As that’s an extreme advantage they will have over the rest of the player base

Nope but I don’t understand why, they were able to easily test the content and run throughout figuring out the best counters. And people saying to “look up who the best counters are” nobody has posted them. And you know why? Because they want that advantage for their Legend/Mythic run
  • Options

Seatin streamed the chapter, so if you want that 'advantage' you can check that out. Besides things might change in the final release.

Yeah, Seatin streamed him using items and going through stuff on the first time lol. With practice you’ll get paths down to a T. And I don’t remember big changes happening from second 7.1 beta to release
  • Options
    AshKetchumAshKetchum Posts: 286 ★★
    Wiredawg1 said:

Lagacy ran through every lane I think? Every player is gonna have to scout ahead and find a plan that works for them and him doing that gave everyone, that has access to YouTube, access to the beta map with all the nodes and champs.
    That's more of an advantage than anyone should be given, but nowhere in the legends run say it has to be a blind run, so a beta (that everyone can see) that's subject to change isn't a huge advantage
  • Options
    Also, I'm not saying to totally disbar these testers, just have a separate bracket
  • Options
    Texas_11Texas_11 Posts: 2,638 ★★★★★
    I kind of feel the same , but if you are fast... you are fast... and if you are slow you are slow. Everyone will have advantages , perfect example Legacy didn’t qualify and BG did. R3 ghost legacy had i believe and BG had a R5 ghost and just learned to play her.
  • Options
    Wiredawg1 said:

Actually you all missing this. I talking the small group that is doing 7.2.6 boss that no one else in the main beta got to do. That’s the group am asking about. The one kabam posted in announcements about....then knowing that fight is an unfair advantage to anyone else

oh I didn't even think about that, and that is probably gonna be like the biggest time sink
  • Options
    PulyamanPulyaman Posts: 2,365 ★★★★★
    I seem to remember an earlier thread in a similar vein being closed down. So, in before getting closed.
  • Options
    TheHeroDeservedTheHeroDeserved Posts: 740 ★★★
    Wiredawg1 said:

Actually you all missing this. I talking the small group that is doing 7.2.6 boss that no one else in the main beta got to do. That’s the group am asking about. The one kabam posted in announcements about....then knowing that fight is an unfair advantage to anyone else

Ah, that makes sense. Thought you meant the chapter as a whole
  • Options
    Wiredawg1 said:

So, let me be the devil's advocate here and ask what about the players who tested the content in beta who will lose out on the legends rewards through no fault of their own? Should they get something for doing something they don't have to do, but did it because of their love for the game? Shouldn't Kabam be responsible for testing out content with their own employees?. Let me tell you that I have no interest in going for Legends runs, but if someone says you can play in beta, but you will be disqualified from legends runs, I won't sign up.
  • Options
    I already posted this but it seems it went to abyss.
    This was the last time I saw this discussion. Pretty much the same points being hashed out
    https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/250216/fairness-about-members-of-the-act-7-beta-program-contributing-in-legend-runs/p1
  • Options
    WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    Pulyaman said:

Wiredawg1 said:

So, let me be the devil's advocate here and ask what about the players who tested the content in beta who will lose out on the legends rewards through no fault of their own? Should they get something for doing something they don't have to do, but did it because of their love for the game? Shouldn't Kabam be responsible for testing out content with their own employees?. Let me tell you that I have no interest in going for Legends runs, but if someone says you can play in beta, but you will be disqualified from legends runs, I won't sign up.
    This was always my point. I've done quite a few betas but never a legend run. I would have done zero betas and provided zero feedback had doing them removed the option of even being able to do a run if a chose to. I'd rather have as many people testing this stuff as possible personally as opposed to having a whole lot of people saying no bc they lose out for doing something they don't have to in the first place.
  • Options
    Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,185 ★★★★★
    How many content creators have tested content and then done a Legends run?
  • Options

How many content creators have tested content and then done a Legends run?

I think the question is how many have been selected for beta and have attempted and got legends title. Not all beta testers are content creators after all. Kabam should look at it from both sides this time and not close this thread like they did the least time. Both sides have valid points that needs to be taken into consideration.
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,038 ★★★★★
    Legacy didn't get a legends title and he was in the Beta for 7.1.
  • Options
    Wiredawg1 said:

Who cares. If you're good enough you'll find a way to do it.
  • Options
    BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★

1 case is not proof. Nobody is saying doing the beta guarantees you getting legend title.

Maybe if he didn’t do the beta he would have got an even slower time.
  • Options
    edited March 2021

1 case is not proof. Nobody is saying doing the beta guarantees you getting legend title.

That's pretty much what this thread is about. The beta gives some unfair advantage. I've been in almost all the betas. I don't see a ton of people from the betas getting the title.

It's no more of an advantage than others having a better roster.
  • Options

That's pretty much what this thread is about. The beta gives some unfair advantage. I've been in almost all the betas. I don't see a ton of people from the betas getting the title.

Yeah but you aren’t in a position to say whether it offers enough of an advantage that it’s unfair.

Kabam has the data, they can see the percentage of those who get legend title. They should compare the % of people who attempted a run. Split it into 4 categories,

1) those in the beta who got legend title
    2) those not in beta who got legend title
    3) those in beta who missed out on legends run
    4) those not in beta who missed out

1 and 2 should be roughly similar, 3 and 4 should be roughly similar. Over all the legends runs kabam has done that had betas first there should be a pretty decent sample.

Then, from all those who did a legends run, compare average time of people who were in the beta, with average time of those out of the beta. Again, they should be statistically similar.

It’s pretty simple to perform a statistical test on it. And I’m not gonna be taking “I don’t see a ton of people from betas getting the title” as gospel.

It is reasonable enough to say that doing content makes you more experienced at it. That is a fact. If I never fought a fight, then did it on a beta, I am more experienced at it.

It is reasonable to suggest this could give an advantage, again this is not an opinion. It is a fact that this could be an advantage. It’s then up to kabam to analyse it and see if they’re giving players an advantage to do the content before others can.

• Options

Yeah but you aren’t in a position to say whether it offers enough of an advantage that it’s unfair.

Kabam has the data, they can see the percentage of those who get legend title. They should compare the % of people who attempted a run. Split it into 4 categories,

1 and 2 should be roughly similar, 3 and 4 should be roughly similar. Over all the legends runs kabam has done that had betas first there should be a pretty decent sample.

Then, from all those who did a legends run, compare average time of people who were in the beta, with average time of those out of the beta. Again, they should be statistically similar.

It’s pretty simple to perform a statistical test on it. And I’m not gonna be taking “I don’t see a ton of people from betas getting the title” as gospel.

It is reasonable enough to say that doing content makes you more experienced at it. That is a fact. If I never fought a fight, then did it on a beta, I am more experienced at it.

It is reasonable to suggest this could give an advantage, again this is not an opinion. It is a fact that this could be an advantage. It’s then up to kabam to analyse it and see if they’re giving players an advantage to do the content before others can.

But your saying people in the beta have a advantage as gospel but you don't have any proof that those in the beta get the title vs those that aren't. You're just saying they do because the betas exist. I'm sure if there was a distinct advantage for beta users getting the title, Kabam would have done something about it long ago. Seeing as they banned a ton of people for merc'ing and whatnot for the last beta, they are trying their best to make getting the title as fair as possible.
  • Options

But your saying people in the beta have a advantage as gospel but you don't have any proof that those in the beta get the title vs those that aren't. You're just saying they do because the betas exist. I'm sure if there was a distinct advantage for beta users getting the title, Kabam would have done something about it long ago. Seeing as they banned a ton of people for merc'ing and whatnot for the last beta, they are trying their best to make getting the title as fair as possible.
    I'll point you back to my post

"It is reasonable enough to say that doing content makes you more experienced at it. That is a fact. If I never fought a fight, then did it on a beta, I am more experienced at it.

It is reasonable to suggest this could give an advantage, again this is not an opinion. It is a fact that this could be an advantage. It’s then up to kabam to analyse it and see if they’re giving players an advantage to do the content before others can. "

Please point out where I said it as gospel, rather than just stating facts. It is reasonable to suggest it gives an advantage. Which part do you disagree with?

Doing content makes you more experienced? or being experienced at something when others are not is an advantage?

• Options
    xNigxNig Posts: 7,250 ★★★★★
    Just curious..

Those complaining that it’s an “unfair advantage” for those in the beta have against those who aren’t in the beta, did you attempt and miss 7.1 legends?
  • Options
    IKONIKON Posts: 1,336 ★★★★★
    Your options are

1) use the current system, have a lot players beta test and a small subset compete for legends.

2) have significantly fewer players in the beta, and run the risk of improperly tuned content

Seems like a no brainer option 1 to me, unless you are clamoring for the original 7.1 to be the norm.
  • Options
    IKON said:

Your options are

1) use the current system, have a lot players beta test and a small subset compete for legends.

2) have significantly fewer players in the beta, and run the risk of improperly tuned content

Seems like a no brainer option 1 to me, unless you are clamoring for the original 7.1 to be the norm.

2 brackets, beta testers and non beta testers
  • Options
    xNig said:

Just curious..

Those complaining that it’s an “unfair advantage” for those in the beta have against those who aren’t in the beta, did you attempt and miss 7.1 legends?

Ha, because if history has taught us anything at all, it's that only people who have experienced something can judge whether it's fair or not... oh wait. No, that's entirely false.
  • Options
    IKON said:

Your options are

Or, when people sign up for Beta testing, make it very clear that they won't be able to do a legends run, put a warning on the email/message. That way, everyone knows that by taking part they will gain an unfair advantage and they can decide whether they would prioritise giving feedback or doing the beta.
  • Options
    IKONIKON Posts: 1,336 ★★★★★

IKON said:

Your options are

2 brackets, beta testers and non beta testers
    I doubt that you see an increase of legends titles given out, meaning you'd split up the 100. How does the split happen? There is no way you'd be able to satisfy everyone and you'd continue to get these posts.
This discussion has been closed.