**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Doc Ock changes a nerf, or just a bug?

RockermanRockerman Posts: 17
edited April 2021 in Bugs and Known Issues

His regen stealing is completely gone; both from the description and the actual interaction in a fight.
Patch notes only said "Updated the Chemistry Research Heal Block to allow this Heal Block to interact with more areas of the game".
That doesn't mean major part of his awakened ability simply gets deleted.

Need some official confirmation on this.
Post edited by Kabam Zibiit on

Comments

• RockermanRockerman Posts: 17

It's a bug similar to the Hood bug

Hood was completely broken. This is a specific line and interaction that's missing.

And they atleast responded to the hood problem fairly quickly. But still no word about this.
  • LAZY_DOLPHINLAZY_DOLPHIN Posts: 5
    Any updates???
  • JahnybravoJahnybravo Posts: 69

Hey there, the team is looking into this and investigating possible fixes.

Just curious. Does "investigating possible fixes" means that this is a bug? Or was this the method for updating his heal block to work with Infectious Wrath & other nodes, and "investigating possible fixes" means looking for an alternative way to do this? Asking cause if it's a bug, that means if fixed we can have both the Sig and the node interaction. But if it's the update method, then I'm wondering if it might eventually come down to a case of having the Sig or the node interaction if an alternative isn't found. And that'd be a bummer.
    so what's happening with Ock?
    @Kabam Zibiit any updates? Its been nearly two weeks with a champ missing an important ability and no confirmation from your side about anything.
  • Mobile_P0tat0Mobile_P0tat0 Posts: 966 ★★★★
    Is there an eta on when I can heal my doctorpus on buffet nodes again?
  • The team's still investigating and testing possible solutions for this issue but don't have a definitive timeline at this time.
  • LAZY_DOLPHINLAZY_DOLPHIN Posts: 5
    If his heal block didn't work with certain nodes like others I wouldn't care i just want that valuable piece of utility being life steal back... besides his signature abilty even says EACH breakthrough gets replaced with a new effect so what was the plan there?
  • Mobile_P0tat0Mobile_P0tat0 Posts: 966 ★★★★

I haven't tested it yet, but it looks to be back
  • Grootman1294Grootman1294 Posts: 864 ★★★★
    The text has returned, but he is still not stealing health. Tested this against x-23 in cavalier difficulty. Fix this champion
  • JahnybravoJahnybravo Posts: 69
    this still hasn't been fixed. when can we expect this to be fixed?
  • Slanderous12Slanderous12 Posts: 21
    So yeah, it still doesn't work.

• Hello @Slanderous12. Thank you for following up on this. Unfortunately, the investigation seems to have not been completed yet.
    Any update on this? Didn't see it in the patch notes this month so I'm wondering if a solution has been found
    One month later it still has not been mentioned. A response or update would be nice at least.
  • buffajrbuffajr Posts: 413 ★★
    We’ve gotten how many updated champions since this issue first showed itself. Would like to see some of these issues get fixed instead of introducing more champion updates, each with their own set of new bugs.
  • Old_Man_LimnosOld_Man_Limnos Posts: 60
    edited August 2021
    I took my Doc Ock to r3 to get TB. I wouldn’t have done that had I known he was broken with no clear plans to ever fix him. Sorta got shafted on that one. Can I get rank down materials so I can rank a different tech champ?
  • buffajrbuffajr Posts: 413 ★★
    Any new info on this one?
  • VlajkoKVlajkoK Posts: 77
    any news?
    @Kabam Zibiit still no info about the functionality of his ability?
  • ErcarretErcarret Posts: 2,726 ★★★★★
    I'm also confused and would like answers. I have a tech rank-up gem that i could use (and would love to use) on Doc Ock, but I won't if he's bugged. Looking at this thread, it seems like he has been for a very long time.

Obviously there are more important bug fixes to be made at the moment, but this thread stretches back from way before the parry bug. It would be nice to at least know how he is supposed to work so that you can plan for that. If he isn't supposed to have a lifesteal, say so. If he is and you're working on making that happen again, say that. But right now, I'm not sure where things will land which makes rank-up decisions kind of tricky.
  • Dawnbringer_1Dawnbringer_1 Posts: 262 ★★
    This happen soon as I took him to R5, never got to use him
  • TerraTerra Posts: 7,989 ★★★★★
    4 months.....

smh
  • GoddessIliasGoddessIlias Posts: 706 ★★★★
    Yeah Doc oc was my second r3 ages ago and this is really annoying. The regen steal isn’t what I ranked him up for, but it’s nice to have, and the fact that they removed it entirely for pitiful content like Cav EQ just grinds my gears lol. Would have been nice to have for SOP sinister just to finish at full health instead of like 70%
  • Old_Man_LimnosOld_Man_Limnos Posts: 60
    Another month and yet no fix to Doc Ock insight 😡