**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

Variant 7 rewards. Would you rather...

TyEdgeTyEdge Posts: 2,965 ★★★★★
Variant 5 and 6 gave out a 25% t5cc for exploration.

Two part question:
1) Are you already Thronebreaker?
2) would you prefer the v5/6 structure, or 5% t5cc for exploring each chapter plus 10% for full exploration?

I am TB and after getting burned on v6, I loathe the idea of doing all of v7 just to get a bad pull. I’d rather earn it incrementally, even if it’s spread across classes.

Comments

• Geralt_123Geralt_123 Posts: 595 ★★★
    Lvernon15 said:

_Sham_ said:

I am TB and want it 25% or more but want to be Selector or Nexus.

For their difficulty variants already have some of the best rewards in the game, maybe if they added a new higher difficulty that would be justified, but currently it’s a bit much imo
    Nexus won't be too much I guess
  • king_ov_scrubsking_ov_scrubs Posts: 396 ★★★
    maybe a 10% selector for completion and a 15% crystal for exploration? that would give 25% but with some guarantee
  • Wicket329Wicket329 Posts: 2,980 ★★★★★
    Aleor said:

Don't care really. 25% motivates to explore it 100%. Also 25% chunks will most likely form a full t5cc faster

Yup, gotta get lucky fewer times. And I know this is an unpopular opinion, but Variant content is not hard enough to justify a selector. You could *maybe* make an argument for a nexus, but even that seems suspect to me.
  • The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,781 ★★★★★
    25% t5cc is better , especially for cavs which is where this content is geared towards. Helps you get your first t5cc faster than having an even spread of t5cc.
  • Andyball270Andyball270 Posts: 303 ★★★
    What i would like even more is a step up in difficulty and a step up in 6 star shards and rank up materials from rank 1-2 for example. Failing that a small increase in difficulty but a 25% t5cc nexus like the 10% we now get in monthly quest
  • MauledMauled Posts: 3,957 Guardian
    25% so if actually makes a difference.

The thing I want them to take out is 5* rank up materials, certainly the year specific ones, because they’re pretty much irrelevant for the target audiences.
  • danielmathdanielmath Posts: 4,043 ★★★★★
    Mauled said:

The thing I want them to take out is 5* rank up materials, certainly the year specific ones, because they’re pretty much irrelevant for the target audiences.

I don’t think they’re irrelevant for the target audience. Variant is mid game content for uncollected and lower cav players, who need more 4/55 and 5/65 to do act 5/6 and cav difficulty
  • IKONIKON Posts: 1,334 ★★★★★

Mauled said:

I don’t think they’re irrelevant for the target audience. Variant is mid game content for uncollected and lower cav players, who need more 4/55 and 5/65 to do act 5/6 and cav difficulty
    Back issues when first released were targeted at end game players, they just haven't kept up rewards/difficulty.
  • MasterpuffMasterpuff Posts: 6,463 ★★★★★
    It is so much more fun opening a 25% in my opinion.
    IKON said:

Mauled said:

Back issues when first released were targeted at end game players, they just haven't kept up rewards/difficulty.
    Ya sure, years ago. I’m talking about present day. For the difficulty, the rewards are absurdly high these days in variant. They even nerfed the content into the ground AND increased rewards, just silly
  • The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,781 ★★★★★

Mauled said:

The year specific ones are just annoying. Make them available for all champions.
  • Mauled said:

AGreed. Plus gives endgame players free resources for 5* without sweating the t2a.
  • IKONIKON Posts: 1,334 ★★★★★

IKON said:

Mauled said:

Ya sure, years ago. I’m talking about present day. For the difficulty, the rewards are absurdly high these days in variant. They even nerfed the content into the ground AND increased rewards, just silly
    Your argument is that the gems are relevant for the target audience, I'd wager Kabam still thinks Variant content is targeted for Endgame players, even if it quite clearly is no longer end game content.

Even the year gems are out of focus with the rest of the rewards, given that Variant content has one of the biggest sources of t5cc.
  • PulyamanPulyaman Posts: 2,365 ★★★★★
    I am honestly itching for new content. I don't really care about the rewards that much. If they give the same thing as v6, I would happily take it. I am really getting bored without any new content.
    IKON said:

IKON said:

Mauled said:

Your argument is that the gems are relevant for the target audience, I'd wager Kabam still thinks Variant content is targeted for Endgame players, even if it quite clearly is no longer end game content.

Even the year gems are out of focus with the rest of the rewards, given that Variant content has one of the biggest sources of t5cc.
    No they don't consider variant endgame content, miike has even said that they recognize there's no end game content currently
  • ElwindElwind Posts: 363 ★★★
    edited April 2021
    All i want is %25 T5CC Selector
  • GAMEOVERJamesGAMEOVERJames Posts: 899 ★★★
    edited April 2021
    I have no question about the T5CC setting, but really want them put 1-2* T4B or T1A/T2A in the rewards....
    As a TBer, the T4B, T2A burns out so quick when ranking up 6* champs....Variant is one big content to get T5CC but not a place to get any other T4B/T2A, which makes it kind of unbalanced in my opinion.

Just a feeling
  • TyEdgeTyEdge Posts: 2,965 ★★★★★
    edited April 2021
    Ugh, you nexus and selector people are ruining this. I want a toilet made of gold, but it’s not gonna happen.

I’m a TB player who’s sitting on 50-90% of 4 different classes, and I’ll continue to pull my weekly glory purchase. I’d rather it be split up but I understand why cavs want the big drop.

I’m gonna be annoyed when I inevitably pull a class I have very little of, or my 90% turns into 115%.
  • VendemiaireVendemiaire Posts: 2,178 ★★★★★
    Variants are rewarding considering that it's difficulty is focused on lower Cavs. The only resources I'm not excited about are the year-based gems. I had a few that expired with no one really to use them on.