I paved the way so you don’t have to. (DDHK)

Texas_11Texas_11 Posts: 2,012 ★★★★
I have mastered DDHK and can live to tell the tale. I will be creating some footage to show you what he is truly capable of. I’ll tag it in this post later.


«13

Comments

  • CosmicGuardianCosmicGuardian Posts: 172 ★★
    Quick question, does he counter evade too, or is it just miss? I know the abilities only state miss but I thought I remembered seeing he also counters evade so I wasn’t sure.
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 4,423 ★★★★★

    Quick question, does he counter evade too, or is it just miss? I know the abilities only state miss but I thought I remembered seeing he also counters evade so I wasn’t sure.

    On his base just miss. But you can counter evade by being in his mode above 15 hits, which has a 65% defensive ability accuracy reduction. And with the Electra synergy that becomes 100%
  • CosmicGuardianCosmicGuardian Posts: 172 ★★

    Quick question, does he counter evade too, or is it just miss? I know the abilities only state miss but I thought I remembered seeing he also counters evade so I wasn’t sure.

    On his base just miss. But you can counter evade by being in his mode above 15 hits, which has a 65% defensive ability accuracy reduction. And with the Electra synergy that becomes 100%
    Ok thanks! I haven’t used him much as I think it was only last month I pulled the 5*, but I was thinking about taking him to R3 to test him out in Cav next time the evade node rolls in.
  • ChobblyChobbly Posts: 155
    Looking forward to this, Texas_11. I'm interested in seeing the damage difference between yours and my rank 5, max Sig 5* in real play.

    If you've got any thoughts on mastery setups, that would be good to share too, I think.
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 4,423 ★★★★★

    Quick question, does he counter evade too, or is it just miss? I know the abilities only state miss but I thought I remembered seeing he also counters evade so I wasn’t sure.

    On his base just miss. But you can counter evade by being in his mode above 15 hits, which has a 65% defensive ability accuracy reduction. And with the Electra synergy that becomes 100%
    Ok thanks! I haven’t used him much as I think it was only last month I pulled the 5*, but I was thinking about taking him to R3 to test him out in Cav next time the evade node rolls in.
    In Cav EQ evade node id definitely bring the Electra synergy along just to make it more reliable. He hits SO hard with those furies it’s crazy
  • Texas_11Texas_11 Posts: 2,012 ★★★★

    On my mini account I love using him so much I’m gonna awaken him with the skill gem I got from abyss, may need to unlock willpower soon though!

    Man, he is just such an interesting champion. The more I played him the more I understand how complexed he actually is. Once you get willpower unlocked it basically a cheat code for unlimited regen.
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 4,423 ★★★★★
    Texas_11 said:

    On my mini account I love using him so much I’m gonna awaken him with the skill gem I got from abyss, may need to unlock willpower soon though!

    Man, he is just such an interesting champion. The more I played him the more I understand how complexed he actually is. Once you get willpower unlocked it basically a cheat code for unlimited regen.
    He’s got great utility just in his miss counter, add on regen, ability accuracy reduction, easy to access shrug off non damaging debuff he’s actually really good. He’s not got the most insane damage but it’s respectable.

    I love using him! Hoping to get better but my mini account is for fun rank ups. He will likely be my rank 3 skill when I form one
  • DeaconVelvetDeaconVelvet Posts: 2,056 ★★★★★
    been telling people not to sleep on him .. he's not bad at all.
  • ChobblyChobbly Posts: 155
    Texas_11 said:



    Hi,
    Here is the first fight I have. I am not a youtuber so please forgive the non editing.

    Good job, Texas _11.

    I noticed that you don't bother with the SP3. Don't know if that's by choice but unless it's going to be a long fight I've stopped bothering. In both timings and hit count against Ro WS I've found that Righteous Wrath makes very little difference. The RNG chance to trigger makes it not worth it, especially when it's compared to the more reliable damage of an SP2 and a half.
  • Texas_11Texas_11 Posts: 2,012 ★★★★
    Chobbly said:

    Texas_11 said:



    Hi,
    Here is the first fight I have. I am not a youtuber so please forgive the non editing.

    Good job, Texas _11.

    I noticed that you don't bother with the SP3. Don't know if that's by choice but unless it's going to be a long fight I've stopped bothering. In both timings and hit count against Ro WS I've found that Righteous Wrath makes very little difference. The RNG chance to trigger makes it not worth it, especially when it's compared to the more reliable damage of an SP2 and a half.
    Yes, I don’t bother with the SP3. I really don’t like going through an entire animation for a chance at some burst damage. I maximize my damage by almost getting to the SP3 and then firing off my SP2 so I’m able to stack the furies and double the bleeds. This is what I find is his best rotation for damage and actually counting the combos to not tigger the furies to early. Overall, I’m enjoying him a lot and the talk about his damage being okay I think it just hasn’t been looked at with objectivity.
  • The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 5,877 ★★★★★
    That damage is actually quite surprising and better than expected.
  • TerraTerra Posts: 5,022 ★★★★★
    edited April 9
    Texas_11 said:

    Here is an LOL Red Hulk take down.

    For reference hit monkey as an R3 with suicides can do it in 4:39. No suicides an even 5:00.


    Nice gameplay @Texas_11.
    As someone who owns a r5 myself, good on you for having a 6* r3* he's really fun to play.
    I personally (when I have 35+ combo) do Parry-Heavy-Sp2 for increased bleed damage.
    People may complain about his buff, but I liked it. People just need to actually try him out
  • ChobblyChobbly Posts: 155
    Terra said:


    As someone who owns a r5 myself, good on you for having a 6* r3* he's really fun to play.
    I personally (when I have 35+ combo) do Parry-Heavy-Sp2 for increased bleed damage.
    People may complain about his buff, but I liked it. People just need to actually try him out

    He's not as bad as some people make out, and he's pretty fun to use. He does have a couple of significant deficiencies though which we are all aware of.

    Whilst the damage output would benefit from a up-tick, the main issue is the Regen penalty. There been many suggestions made on the forums for how Kabam could get around this.

    It's also rare that I use the SP1 either. I know some like to use it so they can get into Stick's Apprentice quicker but despite the great animation the SP1 never seems to offer much general benefit - well, compared to the SP2 anyway.
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 4,724 ★★★★★
    Who would get the nod between these two?




    My 6* Skill roster is thick around the good-very good-buff bait tiers with these two plus Elsa and KM at R2, Ronin hanging around at R1 and awakened Karnak, CWBP and AV begging for a buff.

    I’d like to love DDHK. I’m watching your videos and feel like he’s got potential people have failed to unlock, but I’m thinking my next Skill rankup needs to be someone who gets R3 treatment.

    Dr. Zola
  • TerraTerra Posts: 5,022 ★★★★★
    DrZola said:

    Who would get the nod between these two?




    My 6* Skill roster is thick around the good-very good-buff bait tiers with these two plus Elsa and KM at R2, Ronin hanging around at R1 and awakened Karnak, CWBP and AV begging for a buff.

    I’d like to love DDHK. I’m watching your videos and feel like he’s got potential people have failed to unlock, but I’m thinking my next Skill rankup needs to be someone who gets R3 treatment.

    Dr. Zola

    Provided you can nail his playstyle and rotations, DHHK can do some heavy lifting.
    Kingpin has more damage and utility tbh. If I had them both at that level, I'd r3 DHHK but I'm biased.
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 4,423 ★★★★★
    DrZola said:

    Who would get the nod between these two?




    My 6* Skill roster is thick around the good-very good-buff bait tiers with these two plus Elsa and KM at R2, Ronin hanging around at R1 and awakened Karnak, CWBP and AV begging for a buff.

    I’d like to love DDHK. I’m watching your videos and feel like he’s got potential people have failed to unlock, but I’m thinking my next Skill rankup needs to be someone who gets R3 treatment.

    Dr. Zola

    Both are absolutely worth r2 and they work well together. They have very different utilities but I’d say kingpin has more damage. Depending on what your roster needs utility wise I’d go that way. If you have a miss counter go kingpin, if not, DD.

  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 4,724 ★★★★★
    Thx @BitterSteel

    Going to rile @Masterpuff but I can’t bring myself to invest in Ronin. I really like DDHK but Kingpin even at R1 is a monster and provides decent regen.

    I’m just glad to see someone demonstrate DDHK’s utility.

    Dr. Zola
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 4,724 ★★★★★
    Terra said:

    DrZola said:

    Who would get the nod between these two?




    My 6* Skill roster is thick around the good-very good-buff bait tiers with these two plus Elsa and KM at R2, Ronin hanging around at R1 and awakened Karnak, CWBP and AV begging for a buff.

    I’d like to love DDHK. I’m watching your videos and feel like he’s got potential people have failed to unlock, but I’m thinking my next Skill rankup needs to be someone who gets R3 treatment.

    Dr. Zola

    Provided you can nail his playstyle and rotations, DHHK can do some heavy lifting.
    Kingpin has more damage and utility tbh. If I had them both at that level, I'd r3 DHHK but I'm biased.
    Tough call, really. I was hoping my latest 6* would provide some rankup clarity but it didn’t. Nice to have choices though...

    Dr. Zola
  • TerraTerra Posts: 5,022 ★★★★★
    DrZola said:

    Terra said:

    DrZola said:

    Who would get the nod between these two?




    My 6* Skill roster is thick around the good-very good-buff bait tiers with these two plus Elsa and KM at R2, Ronin hanging around at R1 and awakened Karnak, CWBP and AV begging for a buff.

    I’d like to love DDHK. I’m watching your videos and feel like he’s got potential people have failed to unlock, but I’m thinking my next Skill rankup needs to be someone who gets R3 treatment.

    Dr. Zola

    Provided you can nail his playstyle and rotations, DHHK can do some heavy lifting.
    Kingpin has more damage and utility tbh. If I had them both at that level, I'd r3 DHHK but I'm biased.
    Tough call, really. I was hoping my latest 6* would provide some rankup clarity but it didn’t. Nice to have choices though...

    Dr. Zola
    Well, in all honesty Kingpin has alot more use in endgame stuff than DHHK has. Does this mean DDHK is bad? No.
  • RakeYoungRakeYoung Posts: 327 ★★
    I was one of those folks that absolutely hated the DDHK buff because i was running suicides at the time, made him horrible to play.

    however since i turned them off, i gotta say i've been enjoying him a whole lot more and decided to take him to r3 once i get 1 more T5b.

    Personally, i think his reliable Miss Counter is amazing, as well as immune to any form of regen reversal excluding Poison, also means he's straight up immune to the petrify debuff.

    I've seen some folks say he's bad against a Void matchup but i disagree, i used him to beat that Void boss last months EQ that had Falter quite easily, you just have to manage his combo, which he can do spectacularly well.

    sadly i didnt record a vid of that fight last month cause i'm sure people had some big damage dealers just end the fight quickly, but i'm more about fun these days.

    Here's a quick Void fight in the skill quest in this months Cav EQ, also ignore me forgetting about the reduced debuff duration when i try to land a medium/heavy, lol.



  • Texas_11Texas_11 Posts: 2,012 ★★★★

    That damage is actually quite surprising and better than expected.

    It’s definitely not bad , just a very tricky rotation, but he can put up some decent numbers.
  • Texas_11Texas_11 Posts: 2,012 ★★★★
    Terra said:

    Texas_11 said:

    Here is an LOL Red Hulk take down.

    For reference hit monkey as an R3 with suicides can do it in 4:39. No suicides an even 5:00.


    Nice gameplay @Texas_11.
    As someone who owns a r5 myself, good on you for having a 6* r3* he's really fun to play.
    I personally (when I have 35+ combo) do Parry-Heavy-Sp2 for increased bleed damage.
    People may complain about his buff, but I liked it. People just need to actually try him out
    Thanks! I do enjoy him. Yep that’s also a good way to play him.

    I personally like to keep him above the 36+ for the first SP2 , this helps my rage stay on while also getting closer to my 2nd SP2 , from there I am able to instant convert my rage on the next heavy and gain 5* combo and do some good damage.
  • KDSuperFlash10KDSuperFlash10 Posts: 5,860 ★★★★★
    DrZola said:

    Who would get the nod between these two?




    My 6* Skill roster is thick around the good-very good-buff bait tiers with these two plus Elsa and KM at R2, Ronin hanging around at R1 and awakened Karnak, CWBP and AV begging for a buff.

    I’d like to love DDHK. I’m watching your videos and feel like he’s got potential people have failed to unlock, but I’m thinking my next Skill rankup needs to be someone who gets R3 treatment.

    Dr. Zola

    Kingpin is much better, I have him at r5 and he's a regeneration and damage monster. He's unstoppable during a ton of the fight, all the while regenerating through his personal rage debuffs and doing some insane damage with his huge furies. DDHK is not bad, but it's not even close here, Kingpin is elite.
  • Texas_11Texas_11 Posts: 2,012 ★★★★
    DrZola said:

    Who would get the nod between these two?




    My 6* Skill roster is thick around the good-very good-buff bait tiers with these two plus Elsa and KM at R2, Ronin hanging around at R1 and awakened Karnak, CWBP and AV begging for a buff.

    I’d like to love DDHK. I’m watching your videos and feel like he’s got potential people have failed to unlock, but I’m thinking my next Skill rankup needs to be someone who gets R3 treatment.

    Dr. Zola

    Kingpin from what I gather and from my own testing needs a pretty decent signature level to be effective. DDHK I do believe really only needs his dupe to be good. The moan reason is because that rage debuff gives DDHK 777 attack rating .

    Now they both do similar things but I personally believe that DDHK and kingpin really comes down to preference. I enjoy the fact that DDHK can just stay topped up.

    Kingpin also has a tricky play style to optimize his damage , and Is tanky and although he gets regen he purifies his buffs for damage not on command but by what happens in the fight.

    Your best option Is to take both of them to cav EQ and see who you feel is really in your wheelhouse . I love crossbones and kingpin but the style just didn’t fit me. If you have any questions with DDHK I can help .
  • slackerslacker Posts: 592 ★★★
    Tbf he just need his regen fixed and increase chance in sp3 to higher % then he'll be very good and increase his DPS greatly.
Sign In or Register to comment.